Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption (4360 Views)

Senators Trade Words Over ₦‎29 Trillion Ways And Means Funds / Fuel Scarcity: Vessels Refuse To Discharge Products Over Cash Crisis / Makinde, Oyo Government Trade Words Over Alleged Last-Minute Spending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 06, 2019
The adoption of the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Cross River State, Senator John Owan- Enoh, by 15 governorship candidates and their political parties as consensus candidate has been condemned by members of the Peoples Democratic Party and other groups in the state.

While the PDP accused the APC of faking the adoption , the latter also claimed the former had paid a huge amount to get a similar endorsement for the incumbent state governor, Prof . Ben Ayade

Owan- Enoh was , last Tuesday , endorsed by candidates of the KOWA Party, Alliance for Democracy , Mega Party and Action Alliance and National Conscience Party, among others .

It was learnt that some money was given to the candidates with a promise to form a government involving members of the alliance if elected .

But the Director - General of Owan-Enoh Campaign Organisation, Mr Maurice Effiwatt , said no condition was given and that no money was paid to the other party candidates .

This came a few months after Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State was similarly adopted by several groups , including the state chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress .

Money was also reportedly given to the groups .
Reacting to the development , a former state Chairman of the PDP , Chief John Okon, said the adoption of the state APC governorship candidate was a non- issue .

Okon, who is also a member of the 2019 PDP election campaign council, said , “ The so- called 15 political parties are no parties . They only exist on paper. You know that there are only two political parties in the state, the PDP and the APC . The Social Democratic Party is just coming up.

“ The governorship election is just a two - horse race between Governor Ben Ayade and Senator Owan Enoh. Those parties are not as serious as the PDP and the APC . Why are they stepping down if they are relevant ? What they did was a political gimmick to deceive people that they are relevant. ”

But the running mate to Owan-Enoh , Chief Ekpo Okon, said , “ These are people who have been celebrating their procured endorsements . In our own case , people of conscience endorsed a credible candidate . We accepted because the adoption came from the heart. ”

https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/01/criver-pdp-apc-trade-words-over-cash.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by Hollysaint: 3:18am On Jan 06, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by amalab30(m): 5:01am On Jan 06, 2019
Do they care about the people? NO!
Do they care about money? YES!
Do they care if they die while fighting over money? NO!

THIS IS NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by 6digitscomrade: 5:06am On Jan 06, 2019
Queenhearty:
The adoption of the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Cross River State, Senator John Owan- Enoh, by 15 governorship candidates and their political parties as consensus candidate has been condemned by members of the Peoples Democratic Party and other groups in the state.

While the PDP accused the APC of faking the adoption , the latter also claimed the former had paid a huge amount to get a similar endorsement for the incumbent state governor, Prof . Ben Ayade

Owan- Enoh was , last Tuesday , endorsed by candidates of the KOWA Party, Alliance for Democracy , Mega Party and Action Alliance and National Conscience Party, among others .

It was learnt that some money was given to the candidates with a promise to form a government involving members of the alliance if elected .

But the Director - General of Owan-Enoh Campaign Organisation, Mr Maurice Effiwatt , said no condition was given and that no money was paid to the other party candidates .

This came a few months after Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State was similarly adopted by several groups , including the state chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress .

Money was also reportedly given to the groups .
Reacting to the development , a former state Chairman of the PDP , Chief John Okon, said the adoption of the state APC governorship candidate was a non- issue .

Okon, who is also a member of the 2019 PDP election campaign council, said , “ The so- called 15 political parties are no parties . They only exist on paper. You know that there are only two political parties in the state, the PDP and the APC . The Social Democratic Party is just coming up.

“ The governorship election is just a two - horse race between Governor Ben Ayade and Senator Owan Enoh. Those parties are not as serious as the PDP and the APC . Why are they stepping down if they are relevant ? What they did was a political gimmick to deceive people that they are relevant. ”

But the running mate to Owan-Enoh , Chief Ekpo Okon, said , “ These are people who have been celebrating their procured endorsements . In our own case , people of conscience endorsed a credible candidate . We accepted because the adoption came from the heart. ”

https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/01/criver-pdp-apc-trade-words-over-cash.html?m=1

no agreement was made,no cash was traded? It's like saying a snake fang is venom free even in death...D funniest thing is zombies will convince themselves that it's a fact....Smh
Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by bode4real2: 5:11am On Jan 06, 2019
This one weak me. Make I put my Bed here wake me up once They finalise grin shocked

1 Like

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by faithfull18(f): 5:11am On Jan 06, 2019
Ok, this is Nigeria where nobody cares about electing the right people to work for the good of everyone. It's all about personal benefits while every other person can go to hell.

1 Like

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by shosky1794: 5:21am On Jan 06, 2019
6digitscomrade:
no agreement was made,no cash was traded? It's like saying a snake fang is venom free even in death...D funniest thing is zombies will convince themselves that it's a fact....Smh

But you want us to believe that money did not exchange hands when Ayade got his own 'procured' endorsements. The thing is Cross Rivers governorship election is a 50-50 race.

2 Likes

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:22am On Jan 06, 2019
This is nothing but the cries of failures and losers!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by 6digitscomrade: 5:25am On Jan 06, 2019
shosky1794:

But you want us to believe that money did not exchange hands when Ayade got his own 'procured' endorsements. The thing is Cross Rivers governorship election is a 50-50 race.
i care less bro...I'm a freak when it comes to making people uneasy by telling d truth...My point is there's nothing free even in freetown..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by Ekpekus(m): 5:32am On Jan 06, 2019
Different side of the same coin = APC/PDP

1 Like

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by fasho01(m): 5:32am On Jan 06, 2019
It's a case of whose interest is best served

They're both guilty of said allegations cos none of these politicians are to be trusted

1 Like

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by nsilordgmail(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2019
Since this story made headlines last week PDP became jittery grin. Governor Ben Ayade is monumental failure. He lacks vision and he has nothing to show than to go about speaking grammar. I don't like APC but I like it's guber candidate in the state, senator Owan Enoh.

1 Like

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by senatordave1(m): 9:57am On Jan 06, 2019
nsilordgmail:
Since this story made headlines last week PDP became jittery grin. Governor Ben Ayade is monumental failure. He lacks vision and he has nothing to show than to go about speaking grammar. I don't like APC but I like it's guber candidate in the state, senator Owan Enoh.
Thank you.we are voting out ayade and gershom basey .

2 Likes

Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by Paschalp(m): 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2019
Cross river politics made front page
I'm stunned to say the least- that inside bed cover state

Anyways
Crs Issa pdp state. But Owan has money and influence, he could surprise pdp fah
Ayade is a shame to the people of cross river too. So I'd prefer a new quil from the same chick
Re: C’river PDP, APC Trade Words Over Cash-for-adoption by Ayobami7(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2019
好的

(1) (Reply)

Leader Of Adamawa Vigilante Group That Help Rescue Mubi Arrested / Recent Developments In Eko Atlantic City / See How APC Rigged 2019 Presidential Election- PICTURE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.