Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says (8017 Views)

Rivers State University Teaching Hospital: A Major Boost To The Nigerian Health / The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog / That Mouth Blister Is NOT Malaria But Herpes Labialis- Nigerian Health Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by CarlosTheJackal: 8:15am On Jan 06, 2019
MissJoy29:
The fact that we are too religious will not allow us to embrace it The number one question that will be on the minds of those with the option to do it is, "will I still make Heaven if I chose to take my own life albeit indirectly?
chat me on whatsapp
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2019
Emary:
In Nigeria, Euthanasia is far more likely to abused than used for mercy killing if licensed. We are simply not there yet. Spouses will simply find excuses to kill each other off, children will pay medical personnel to murder their parents for inheritance and any parent who doesn't want to bear the responsibilities of rearing children with even the slightest malformations or diseases will opt to end their lives.

There is also the religious angle. We may not be very law-abiding but all the major religions we believe in do not permit us to take a life. Who determines the criteria for who gets to live or die anyway? Everyone contributes something to society, even if it's just a lesson. [b]Killing off people for deformities merely increased the likelihood of having psychopaths instead. [/b]That is not an option I would appreciate.

Could you explain what you mean by this? Because I'm pretty sure euthanasia is something that only trained medical professionals are allowed to do with necessary documentation from the state, patient and patient's family. Anything outside that is straight up murder.
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Lassandi(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
Euthanasia is already in practice albeit unofficially.

Just check into any hospital in Nigeria in a critical condition. There is a higher probability that you will come out in a coffin than be discharged alive. What else do you want?

/

100% CORRECT, If not that today is Sunday, I would have asked Mama Nkechi to give you better pepper soup and wash it down with FREEZING ODEKU
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2019
uuzba:
Why don't we just kill you now, so you won't have the cancer at all?
yen yen yen talking like a dullard

1 Like

Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by 22brains(m): 9:16am On Jan 06, 2019
Emary:
In Nigeria, Euthanasia is far more likely to abused than used for mercy killing if licensed. We are simply not there yet. Spouses will simply find excuses to kill each other off, children will pay medical personnel to murder their parents for inheritance and any parent who doesn't want to bear the responsibilities of rearing children with even the slightest malformations or diseases will opt to end their lives.

There is also the religious angle. We may not be very law-abiding but all the major religions we believe in do not permit us to take a life. Who determines the criteria for who gets to live or die anyway? Everyone contributes something to society, even if it's just a lesson. Killing off people for deformities merely increased the likelihood of having psychopaths instead. That is not an option I would appreciate.
it can only be carried out with the consent of the person to be euthanized. it is a willing decision and not forced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by maasoap(m): 10:13am On Jan 06, 2019
[s]
Emary:

There is also the religious angle. We may not be very law-abiding but all the major religions we believe in do not permit us to take a life. Who determines the criteria for who gets to live or die anyway? Everyone contributes something to society, even if it's just a lesson. Killing off people for deformities merely increased the likelihood of having psychopaths instead. That is not an option I would appreciate.
[/s]

Law that guides euthanasia is not a Ceremonial law. All these abuses are not just possible my friend.
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by maasoap(m): 10:18am On Jan 06, 2019
chocolatelady:
May I remind us that its only God that has the right to take life since He was the one that created it in the first place. I repeat , no doctor or patient has the right to take life even though the pain might be unbearable but still u cannot take ones life. It is a mortal sin. God can miracuolously heal someone even at the point of death. We shouldnt debate how God normally does His own miracle even when doctors say that the patient has less than 24hrs to live. What if the doctor went ahead to inject the person to die and God has the plan that He will heal the person at the last hr, what happens ? If it is even allowed, it means that people can plan with d doctor and be killing their parents or even rich people so as to inherient their properties. Peaople can kill at the slightest provocation becos the system allows it. Some people will not even look for money to treat their loved ones and they will be like make d person kuku die, that there is no money for treatment. So mercy killing is a NO NO NO !

You got wrong idea about euthanasia, many things are involved include medical expert opinions. You can't opt for euthanasia just because you can't or you don't want to raise money for the patient treatment. Lol
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Idoko619(m): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2019
Emary:

U v said it all
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by bon5: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/

Just check into any hospital in Nigeria in a critical condition. There is a higher probability that you will come out in a coffin than be discharged alive. What else do you want?

/
����� You and very funny, but so true.
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Emary(f): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2019
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

Could you explain what you mean by this? Because I'm pretty sure euthanasia is something that only trained medical professionals are allowed to do with necessary documentation from the state, patient and patient's family. Anything outside that is straight up murder.

In Nigeria of today where any documentation could be forged easily and the legal process is so lengthy and complicated, one simply cannot trust that the actual will of the individual will be carried out. There is very implementation of due process here.

Anyone who wishes to die so badly should simply refuse all treatment for his or her condition. The legal right to do so already exists.

1 Like

Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Jbleenk: 11:47am On Jan 06, 2019
I watch helplessly how my mum wailed from cancer pain until she passed on. Docs were helpless. Strong pain killers were useless. She died from the pains.
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by mechanics(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
It's evil in the sight of God and the Bible condemns it.

1 Like

Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
The stupid Doctor is supposed to be putting more Energy into Medical Researches that would heal, cure or control illnesses Rather.
If you are unable to cure or treat people of their illness, you kill them instead?

when a so called doctor starts Advocating the killing of sick people it means he is of No use to Anyone Anymore.

Doctors are supposed to heal people not kill them.

Perhaps he should go and start a Snake farm he will be more usefull selling snake meat. ewu gambia!!

1 Like

Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by MissJoy29(f): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
CarlosTheJackal:
chat me on whatsapp
kiss
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by DopeWill(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
oxypress:

Pain in the sickle cell patient can easily be subdued with hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot). HBOT can also take care of almost every other complication created by SSD.

Chief you know say the cost implication high, how many health facilities both in the rural and urban areas have the equipment?

Let the health care system be improved first, then we can talk about #Euthanasia but for now... Mba
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by CarlosTheJackal: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
MissJoy29:

kiss
missing you honey kiss kiss
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Ayobami7(m): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
We don hear
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2019
oxypress:

Pain in the sickle cell patient can easily be subdued with hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot). HBOT can also take care of almost every other complication created by SSD.
Says who?
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
I said it but they won't listen. That's how I intend to die. People are afraid to prepare for death, making loved ones waste money to keep them alive; even though them being alive doesn't count much!
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2019
gypsey:
The stupid Doctor is supposed to be putting more Energy into Medical Researches that would heal, cure or control illnesses Rather.
If you are unable to cure or treat people of their illness, you kill them instead?

when a so called doctor starts Advocating the killing of sick people it means he is of No use to Anyone Anymore.

Doctors are supposed to heal people not kill them.

Perhaps he should go and start a Snake farm he will be more usefull selling snake meat. ewu gambia!!
Will you fund it?
Think about it, why do people want to live long? Not so many are content with little that's why they can't make the best of it.
Euthanasia aids one to willingly pass on in peace, saving family and friends emotional and financial torment.
Think about loads of the fund-me campaign done in the bid to salvage loved ones from dying; most of them don't make it in the end even though the medics already knew that. In the end, ginormous resources that would have been channeled to the ones who truly requires them, flushed down the drain.
Euthanasia reliefs one of all that.
A lot of times I get irritated hearing people pray for long life... Hm...
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/

/
You're right. Some medic already know that but won't come clean about it cause you wouldn't want to pay for it. So they feign like they have a fix, insist you pay x ℅ upfront and boom, they strike!
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2019
CocknBull:

Will you fund it?
Think about it, why do people want to live long? Not so many are content with little that's why they can't make the best of it.
Euthanasia aids one to willingly pass on in peace, saving family and friends emotional and financial torment.
Think about loads of the fund-me campaign done in the bid to salvage loved ones from dying; most of them don't make it in the end even though the medics already knew that. In the end, ginormous resources that would have been channeled to the ones who truly requires them, flushed down the drain.
Euthanasia reliefs one of all that.
A lot of times I get irritated hearing people pray for long life... Hm...
I don't Agree entirely, in nigeria people die Anyway due to lack of Adequate medical care or otherwise.
Assisted death should not be encouraged in Nigeria because Nigerians are not that priviledged.

They don't even have access to Adequate medical care.
that's what this doctor should be Advocating for Rather.

And yes! people who pray for long life are selfish unless they can Afford it.

because some don't consider the fact that other people , like their families have to look After them
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by MissJoy29(f): 6:53am On Jan 07, 2019
CarlosTheJackal:
missing you honey kiss kiss
You didn't check WhatsApp.
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by olowobaba10: 7:45am On Jan 07, 2019
YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT EUTHANASIA IS ALL ABOUT , RESEARCH FURTHER PLS.
chocolatelady:
May I remind us that its only God that has the right to take life since He was the one that created it in the first place. I repeat , no doctor or patient has the right to take life even though the pain might be unbearable but still u cannot take ones life. It is a mortal sin. God can miracuolously heal someone even at the point of death. We shouldnt debate how God normally does His own miracle even when doctors say that the patient has less than 24hrs to live. What if the doctor went ahead to inject the person to die and God has the plan that He will heal the person at the last hr, what happens ? If it is even allowed, it means that people can plan with d doctor and be killing their parents or even rich people so as to inherient their properties. Peaople can kill at the slightest provocation becos the system allows it. Some people will not even look for money to treat their loved ones and they will be like make d person kuku die, that there is no money for treatment. So mercy killing is a NO NO NO !
Re: It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 07, 2019
chocolatelady:
makes A whole lot of sense and i am not even Religious.

The killing will be Epic in Nigeria were things are not controlled, Transparent, scrutinized or investigated thoroughly,
And most folks would take the easy way rather than Fighting for their sick family member to heal they would rather kill them off, it would be cheaper.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can intimacy During Men.strual Period Lead To Pregnancy / Can A Man With AS Genotype Marry A Woman With AS Genotype? / Is Mosquito A Wild Animal Or A Domestic Animal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.