Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction (74931 Views)

This Cow Was Sold For One Million, One Hundred And Fifty Thousand Naira (video) / How To Get Canned White Tuna Fish For Free On Freestuffsng.com / Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by goldcoinhub: 7:00am On Jan 06, 2019
The owner of a Japanese sushi restaurant chain on Saturday set a record by paying more than $3 million for a bluefin tuna in the New Year tuna auction at Tokyo’s new fish market.

Kiyoshi Kimura, who owns the Sushizanmai chain, paid 333.6 million yen (£2.5 million) for the 278-kg (613-lb) fish caught off the coast of northern Japan’s Aomori prefecture, or double what he had paid six years ago, reports Telegraph UK.

“The tuna looks so tasty and very fresh, but I think I did too much,” Kimura told reporters outside the market later.

“I expected it would be between 30 million and 50 million yen, or 60 million yen at the highest, but it ended up five times more.”

Saturday’s event was the first New Year auction of the Toyosu market, after the famed Tsukiji fish market shut last year to provide temporary parking for the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics.

Kimura had held the record for top price paid for a single fish at the new year’s auction for six straight years until 2017. But last year, the owner of a different fish restaurant chain paid the highest price.

After the auction, the fish was taken to one of Sushizanmai’s branches located in the old market of Tsukiji.

Tuna is prized around the world for its use in sushi, but experts warn growing demand has made it an endangered species.

https://lailasnews.com/tuna-fish-sells-for-n1-1billion-in-japans-new-year-tuna-auction/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 06, 2019
SEE PEPPER SOUP

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by dkronicle(m): 7:04am On Jan 06, 2019
Na mermaid be that

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2019
VERY BIG FISH

5 Likes

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by delugajackson: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2019
Poverty is a sin. I have come to realize that it's only the rich that go out of their way to do crazy things. A poor man can never buy a fish for such amount if it can't feed his family for an eternity or if at the end of the day he slices it up and he doesn't find money in it.

Rich people do crazy things for fun. I cursed poverty 25 times the day I saw my neighbour using Gilette shaving stick to shave the hair from the goat he bought for Christmas.

314 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by dingbang(m): 7:22am On Jan 06, 2019
Thank God it wasnt caught in Nigeria
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Kharol1234: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
d fish worth dat amount sef...
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Khd95(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
Is that the fish that swallowed Jonah to have worth that amount grin undecided

22 Likes

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Rextizzle(m): 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
Forget it once you have money, you can buy any stupid thing with big cash.

8 Likes

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
Poverty is a sin. I refuse to be broke, because there is too much responsibility for me to be broke. undecidedundecided

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by JuzzJoel: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
delugajackson:
Poverty is a sin. I have come to realize that's it's only the rich that go out of their way to do crazy things. A poor man can never buy a fish for such amount if it can't feed his family for an eternity or if at the end of the day he slices it up and he doesn't find money in it.

Rich people do crazy things for fun. I cursed poverty 25 times the day I saw my neighbour using Gilette shaving stick to shave the hair from the goat he ate for Christmas.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by hisexcellency34: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
This fish is very rare to find. i have forgotten the name in my area. No matter how you cut it, once you throw it inside the river, it becomes whole again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Delivar(m): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
Japan and fish is like 5 and 6. Even whales are not even spared.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
gimme half of that money, I resign from this salary called corporate job, wearing a rob on my neck call tie. shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by GOFRONT(m): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
shocked

Maybe this is the fish Davido sang about in his "Fine bobo" music

2 Likes

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Ayoswit(f): 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
Hmmm, let me not say what's on my mind.
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Emekus92(m): 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
Na that small fish b 1.1billion
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Akinola2543(m): 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
poverty is a sin.
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by lmm4real: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
delugajackson:
Poverty is a sin. I have come to realize that's it's only the rich that go out of their way to do crazy things. A poor man can never buy a fish for such amount if it can't feed his family for an eternity or if at the end of the day he slices it up and he doesn't find money in it.

Rich people do crazy things for fun. I cursed poverty 25 times the day I saw my neighbour using Gilette shaving stick to shave the hair from the goat he ate for Christmas.

Humm grin

1 Like

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Akinola2543(m): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
I refuse to be broke this 2019

10 Likes

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by ezebunafo(m): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
he saw some potentials in that fish
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by fasho01(m): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
Now that's a $3million smile on the face of that owner
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by deepwater(f): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
Money is in the Tuna business

God bless you if you catch a bluefin

8 Likes

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by zzzzy: 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
This fish is very rare to find. i have forgotten the name in my area. No matter how you cut it, once you throw it inside the river, it becomes whole again.
kaiiii

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by MycroftHolmes: 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Bizmagnet: 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
This is massive and pleasing to the mouth. Make I book flight straight.
Check my siggy if you need a website/blog/software.
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Greenbullet(m): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
are you speaking out of your arse

18 Likes

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Pavore9: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
Money no be problem! cheesy
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Alepa(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
Idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorists will wail to death
Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Bukasint(f): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
goldcoinhub:
The owner of a Japanese sushi restaurant chain on Saturday set a record by paying more than $3 million for a bluefin tuna in the New Year tuna auction at Tokyo’s new fish market.

Kiyoshi Kimura, who owns the Sushizanmai chain, paid 333.6 million yen (£2.5 million) for the 278-kg (613-lb) fish caught off the coast of northern Japan’s Aomori prefecture, or double what he had paid six years ago, reports Telegraph UK.

“The tuna looks so tasty and very fresh, but I think I did too much,” Kimura told reporters outside the market later.

“I expected it would be between 30 million and 50 million yen, or 60 million yen at the highest, but it ended up five times more.”

Saturday’s event was the first New Year auction of the Toyosu market, after the famed Tsukiji fish market shut last year to provide temporary parking for the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics.

Kimura had held the record for top price paid for a single fish at the new year’s auction for six straight years until 2017. But last year, the owner of a different fish restaurant chain paid the highest price.

After the auction, the fish was taken to one of Sushizanmai’s branches located in the old market of Tsukiji.

Tuna is prized around the world for its use in sushi, but experts warn growing demand has made it an endangered species.

https://lailasnews.com/tuna-fish-sells-for-n1-1billion-in-japans-new-year-tuna-auction/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction by Pamtoye(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ordinary fish.... 1.1 billa... Mhen!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Inspects His Yam And Maize Farm (Photos) / Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) / Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.