Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,788 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Luna - Dog Diary - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Luna - Dog Diary (1608 Views)

Luna The Lhasa Has Delivered!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2019
hello!

i will be updating this diary at least once a week, more stories if im less busy too, this is a diary of a dog named luna, she's a mix breed with an attitude and i cant wait to share all my experiences

as at the time of writing she is 6 months 11 days.

the picture taken shows luna enquiring into what's happening in the kitchen.
i titled it luna being lunar

1 Like

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2019
so whats the story?

sometime in july/august, my padi informed me that he got a pup for his wife as a present! i was happy and asked him to send pictures, i have to look for those pictures and upload them cos i swear i saw a boerboel, then i was still in lagos, i moved to ibadan later in the year to team up with another friend and forgot about the pup.

fast-forward to october, my padi called me and said "G, my landlady dey gimme issue o, she say the dog must go!"

i was suprised! what happened? apparently the breeder had initially lied that luna was a full breed boerboel, as she aged he was doubting it so he asked the breeder to show him the parents, well the breeder went one step ahead and carried two giant dogs to his compound.... one male ridgeback and one female boerboel....worst part was, my padi and his wife were not around when he did this but guess who was________?

The landlady and a few other non-doglovers who were unfortunate to meet the dogs were apparently traumatised enough to harbor illwill towards luna, kinda reminds me of the story in the bible where one guy is scared of a baby been born and taking over... sheesh history does repeat itself...

Anyway i came to lagos in november to take luna with me. our first meeting is a story on its own, please stay tuned in for it and thanks for reading!

2 Likes

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by MajorLanister: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2019
nice write up.

1 Like

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 9:01am On Jan 13, 2019
Luna as a pup!

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 10:16am On Jan 13, 2019
the day i met luna

how did it go? well i had my reservations at first, Luna was almost 5 months old so I didn't know what to expect and if she would be easy to handle.

On that day i made my way to my padi's place stopping at the rice seller's in front to buy some meat, I bought at least 6 pieces, paid and made my way to my guy's house.

After some catching up, Luna was introduced to me, the first thing she did was to go into a frenzy of tail wagging, jumping and biting, when she got tired of that she ran in circles.

"The dog has high energy" I remarked, we proceeded to talk about the dog, it's previous medication and other relevant business, I decided between giving her pieces of meat that I would wait a bit to acclimate my self with Luna before boarding a bus to Challenge Ibadan.

A friend of ours met up and was treated to Luna's style of greeting, together all 4 of us (Luna included) made our way to an akwa ibom restaurant within the area.

Of course we ordered beers, Guinness for me, and of course Luna had a wee bit. Then we ordered fufu with atamah soup and this time Luna had more than just a bit.

Now you might be wondering how a restaurant would be cool with having a dog around especially in Lagos? Well the shop frequently gave it's leftovers to my padi's, also we were a bit early, early enough to have 3 bottles each before the soup was ready.

Having spent some time at the restaurant, we made our way to a music studio, Luna as usual made a scene in this place. Approaching everyone to dance her jiggle and too excited to actually listen to any command.

The purpose of going to the studio was to listen a production for an artiste that my padi's managed, but it was past 4pm and I was thinking of the journey ahead so the visit was short and we headed home.

We summoned an uber wink the driver turned out to be a dog lover so the trip to Ojota was filled with interesting banter. The driver used every chance of the traffic asking questions about Luna and when we finally got to our destination, Luna had slept off due to our obviously-boring-to-her conversation.

At the park, it was like I was some zoo keeper, even the people selling merchandise paid special attention to the dog, me? wetin concern me? Gala and Pepsi please! Man must chop.

One particular seller didn't see Luna at all, he approached me with that trader confidence and thrust his product which in this scenario was a wristwatch at me

Well, Luna needed no further invitation, she had watched the guy come up with a severe wagging of tail. The only reason she hadn't jumped up was because she was very comfortable lying in my lap, she promptly took the time piece and then made a mockery of trying to wear it on her front paw.

Mr trader jumped back when she snapped the watch from his hands then jumped forward as he calculated the worth. Of course I retrieved the watch from Luna, but I won't lie to you, I really stretched it o, by the time the car was leaving the park, someone actually commented that the people selling gala no show for the car side.

Our journey to Ibadan was uneventful, as it should be, Luna slept twice and actually didn't poop or pee on me (thank goodness) . I was relieved when we finally got
to base one. The adventure would begin but first make I sleep!

Thanks for reading, I will flood with pics soon as I get them from the laptop.

Pix: one night like that, Luna @ 5 months

1 Like

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2019
How do you introduce your mixed breed?

One day I took Luna to the vet office, prior before going with her, I had gone a couple of times to enquire about feed and medication prices, during my visits I had explained that my dog was a mix (Ridgeback male and Boerboel female)

On getting there, one of the interns took Luna in for a check-up while I gisted with the vet.

'So what breed do you see in my dog' I asked?

To be honest, she looks like a pitbull to me, her skin color which is fawn is definitely boerboel....

'But she doesn't have pitbull mix and she was the smallest in her litter so she's small for her age' I replied

How many months?

'6 months' was my response

Your dog is most likely a pitbull, if she's a ridgeback, the ridge ought to be visible on her back.

Yes that's true, but the ridge line actually appears when she's barking at other dogs ( Luna gets violent around dogs, I dunno why )

It's not supposed to appear, have you not googled the dog?

I have and I know where you're coming from but I tell you, I have seen colored fur appear on her back from shoulder to tail, I think her mix is the issue.

We bantered on the topic a few more minutes before Luna was brought back to the waiting area, my vet decided to show me what a 6 months boerboel looked like to convince me.

In the vicinity of the vet's office,you can find on the premises, at any point in time up to 8-12 dogs, my vet is a sworn Cane Corso person, but you can still see ovcharks, great danes, boerboels and once in a while a GSD or two.

The boerboel the vet ordered the intern to fetch was huge, honestly I felt resentment at myself for not fattening Luna up. It was a male about 6 months and very quiet and observant

At the point where the intern was bringing this dog over, the vet was holding Luna's collar chain, despite meeting everyone for the first time that day, Luna had been pretty chill with it, so the vet was actually surprised to observe her behavior immediately the dogs saw each other.

Luna pulled, barking furiously and twisting in an effort to launch herself at this strange creature that appeared before her, a little dark line running accross her back.

You see in my mind, I believe Luna doesn't see herself as a dog, she's a human, with a human name, who does human stuff, so when a vile creature appears (another dog in this case) she's always ready to defend her human friends...sigh.... Don't worry, sense will fall on her soon.

My vet brought out 3 more dogs and Luna's reaction was the same. He begrudgingly admitted that Luna was a mix ridgeback/boerboel (hurray.....! Pitbull ke?)

Anyways I'm uploading some more pix of my baby, my chopu-chopu, my pupu-pupu, hope you enjoyed reading and check back for more.

3 Likes

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
Luna

2 Likes

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by michealdeco: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
Nice one

Following earnestly

1 Like

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 21, 2019
areahints:
the day i met luna

how did it go? well i had my reservations at first, Luna was almost 5 months old so I didn't know what to expect and if she would be easy to handle.

On that day i made my way to my padi's place stopping at the rice seller's in front to buy some meat, I bought at least 6 pieces, paid and made my way to my guy's house.

After some catching up, Luna was introduced to me, the first thing she did was to go into a frenzy of tail wagging, jumping and biting, when she got tired of that she ran in circles.

"The dog has high energy" I remarked, we proceeded to talk about the dog, it's previous medication and other relevant business, I decided between giving her pieces of meat that I would wait a bit to acclimate my self with Luna before boarding a bus to Challenge Ibadan.

A friend of ours met up and was treated to Luna's style of greeting, together all 4 of us (Luna included) made our way to an akwa ibom restaurant within the area.

Of course we ordered beers, Guinness for me, and of course Luna had a wee bit. Then we ordered fufu with atamah soup and this time Luna had more than just a bit.

Now you might be wondering how a restaurant would be cool with having a dog around especially in Lagos? Well the shop frequently gave it's leftovers to my padi's, also we were a bit early, early enough to have 3 bottles each before the soup was ready.

Having spent some time at the restaurant, we made our way to a music studio, Luna as usual made a scene in this place. Approaching everyone to dance her jiggle and too excited to actually listen to any command.

The purpose of going to the studio was to listen a production for an artiste that my padi's managed, but it was past 4pm and I was thinking of the journey ahead so the visit was short and we headed home.

We summoned an uber wink the driver turned out to be a dog lover so the trip to Ojota was filled with interesting banter. The driver used every chance of the traffic asking questions about Luna and when we finally got to our destination, Luna had slept off due to our obviously-boring-to-her conversation.

At the park, it was like I was some zoo keeper, even the people selling merchandise paid special attention to the dog, me? wetin concern me? Gala and Pepsi please! Man must chop.

One particular seller didn't see Luna at all, he approached me with that trader confidence and thrust his product which in this scenario was a wristwatch at me

Well, Luna needed no further invitation, she had watched the guy come up with a severe wagging of tail. The only reason she hadn't jumped up was because she was very comfortable lying in my lap, she promptly took the time piece and then made a mockery of trying to wear it on her front paw.

Mr trader jumped back when she snapped the watch from his hands then jumped forward as he calculated the worth. Of course I retrieved the watch from Luna, but I won't lie to you, I really stretched it o, by the time the car was leaving the park, someone actually commented that the people selling gala no show for the car side.

Our journey to Ibadan was uneventful, as it should be, Luna slept twice and actually didn't poop or pee on me (thank goodness) . I was relieved when we finally got
to base one. The adventure would begin but first make I sleep!

Thanks for reading, I will flood with pics soon as I get them from the laptop.

Pix: one night like that, Luna @ 5 months

Nice one, but please before giving your dog anything to consume, Google it. Alcohol is not good for dogs, it can knock them out easily and damage their liver, even at low dose.

2 Likes

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2019
MajorLanister:

nice write up.

Thanks for reading!
Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
michealdeco:
Nice one

Following earnestly

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2019
Jackofall:

Nice one, but please before giving your dog anything to consume, Google it. Alcohol is not good for dogs, it can knock them out easily and damage their liver, even at low dose.

Thanks for the heads up, and for reading.
Yes Luna has abstained from all alcohol products grin

1 Like

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by GRACEGLORY: 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
You might have the gift for writing.

1 Like

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2019
Happy new month nairaland!

Have you overfed your dog before?

Luna doesn't turn down a meal, ever.... So on Christmas day which is a day to her turning 6months, the whole compound was prepared to spoil her, Luna ate rice from like 6 different sources, then each rice came with chicken bones, after that some chicks came over to the house and when they were leaving, they offered their own gift, a polythene bag full of bones, apparently it was their way to warm the dog towards them, I honestly would have kept that bag but at that time I was sleeping, I was informed later in the day.

Evening time came and I prepared her doggy food, but she was not happy to eat it. Which was highly unusual. I left her to check back later but immediately went back to her as she was vomiting... Assorted vomit ooo! with lots of bones and rice, funny thing is she tried to eat it! Like say she no want the meal to waste, I changed her location to within the house, and she threw up again! Same level, bones and rice, I now took her to the last space I could keep her in, she also threw up there! I was freaking out at this point! 3 is a crowd right?

I cleaned up all the mess and took her doggy food away, then kept watch over her for like an hour, between belly rubs and soothing talks she calmed down enough for me to calm down too.

Sorry I've not been updating frequently, will definitely try to make up for that! In the meantime thanks for reading this!

1 Like

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by agboedeh: 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2019
areahints:
Happy new month nairaland!

Have you overfed your dog before?

Luna doesn't turn down a meal, ever.... So on Christmas day which is a day to her turning 6months, the whole compound was prepared to spoil her, Luna ate rice from like 6 different sources, then each rice came with chicken bones, after that some chicks came over to the house and when they were leaving, they offered their own gift, a polythene bag full of bones, apparently it was their way to warm the dog towards them, I honestly would have kept that bag but at that time I was sleeping, I was informed later in the day.

Evening time came and I prepared her doggy food, but she was not happy to eat it. Which was highly unusual. I left her to check back later but immediately went back to her as she was vomiting... Assorted vomit ooo! with lots of bones and rice, funny thing is she tried to eat it! Like say she no want the meal to waste, I changed her location to within the house, and she threw up again! Same level, bones and rice, I now took her to the last space I could keep her in, she also threw up there! I was freaking out at this point! 3 is a crowd right?

I cleaned up all the mess and took her doggy food away, then kept watch over her for like an hour, within belly rubs and soothing talks she calmed down enough for me to calm down too.

Sorry I've not been updating frequently, will definitely try to make up for that! In the meantime thanks for reading this!
ur friends want to kill ur dog for u.Chicken bones are dangerous for dogs.pls stop giving ur dog bones.

1 Like

Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 9:05pm On Feb 04, 2019
GRACEGLORY:
You might have the gift for writing.

thanks! happy reading
Re: Luna - Dog Diary by areahints: 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2019
agboedeh:
ur friends want to kill ur dog for u.Chicken bones are dangerous for dogs.pls stop giving ur dog bones.

hmmmm ok! i think you mean soft bones or cooked ones, i give her raw bones from the market
Re: Luna - Dog Diary by agboedeh: 9:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
areahints:

hmmmm ok! i think you mean soft bones or cooked ones, i give her raw bones from the market
raw chicken bones are better. Give ur dog organic raw chicken instead of cooked once .

(1) (Reply)

Pure Angoras For Sale / Abused Elephant Rescued By Wildlife S.O.S. (50 Years In Captivity) / Pure German Shepherd For Sale Both Sex Are Available/gsd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.