Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos (20706 Views)

Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos / Railways Revisited - The Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 10, 2010
[size=28pt]Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains in Lagos[/size]

The management of Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has introduced first class passenger trains in Lagos, in its quest for improved rail transport services to the commuting public. The management of NRC also said it has increased its frequency between Ijoko/Agbado and Iddo/Apapa routes by introducing additional new trains, up from four to six trains daily.

Managing Director of NRC, Engineer Adeseyi Sijuwade said the rollout means high profile personalities including business and leisure  passengers can enjoy upgraded facilities in the first class coaches which are fully air conditioned.

The NRC boss who disclosed these when he played host to  members of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Lagos Branch, said the essence of introducing the new coaches is “to catch the high network segment of the society” which he said is yet to embrace train as means of transportation.

“The introduction of the first class coaches will also go some mileage in correcting the impression that the train is exclusive means of transportation for the poor.

“It will also reduce the number of vehicles on the road as more vehicle owners leave their cars at home and board the train, which is a good, safe, and pocket-friendly means of transportation”, he said.

Members of NSE were taken on a facility tour of NRC. These include the running shed, carriage and wagon workshop.

They later embarked on a train ride from Ebute Metta Junction Station to Ikeja Station on inspection of the rehabilitated track within the Lagos metropolis.

The leader of the visiting engineers, Engr. Femi Kehinde commended the Federal Government for challenging the NRC’s engineers as project supervisors of the on-going railway rehabilitation.

NRC Public Relations Officer, Mr. Segun Esan,  said the  NRC  has also resumed intra-city mass transit train services in Kano City and hopes to replicate same in Port Harcourt, Jos, Maiduguri and Enugu.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/aug/9/202.html
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:27am On Aug 10, 2010
Could someone post the pix of the train, plssssssssssssssss?
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 2:30am On Aug 10, 2010
Better late than never. I remember this promise for increase and upgrade came sometime in 2007 when Yar adua took office. I hope we get the trains back to when trains mattered ooh. Thank God work is being done . . . no matter how slow and how much it continues to cost us.
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by gozzilla(m): 2:40am On Aug 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Better late than never. . . . no matter how slow and how much it continues to cost us.

Rightly said. Any progress is progress. Hey, it might be slow. But imagine if this had been done 10 years ago, then right now we should be talking about the speed. The matter with the nation has been the gradual ( some might argue rapid) decay of government infrastructure due to negligence.

Am wondering if Kobo should have said same for the Lagos GPS project
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Aug 10, 2010
gozzilla:

Rightly said. Any progress is progress. Hey, it might be slow.
I beg to differ! I don't buy into that mentality. I instead expect the best for my money but in this case, considering Yar adua is dead and gone and all those billions have already been used up. Learning that something, no matter how small came out of all that waste, is a miracle to me.
gozzilla:

But imagine if this had been done 10 years ago, then right now we should be talking about the speed. The matter with the nation has been the gradual ( some might argue rapid) decay of government infrastructure due to negligence.
Considering most all that was done 10 years ago are now decayed and gone, I am not sure what you even mean with that there.

gozzilla:

Am wondering if Kobo should have said same for the Lagos GPS project
Can I suggest you take time to STUDY on the subject before you even attempt to post a response of any kind? It is sort of a put off when persons take a strong stance on an issue they are clearly not even educated on. The CORS/NGC project is NOT a Lagos Project and WAS NOT handled by the state. The state played a part in finding a local company to which the international organizations allowed to actually handle the project. It's actually a global initiative and if you visit the sites I posted on, you would learn a bit more on why folks are wondering why Lagos, and what exactly it even means considering most are OK with what already is.

Like I said, there is that which the government is actually doing, and that which is happening but the government seems to claim to have a hand in.

I see you suggest people sacrifice critical thinking so you can read more praise notes than anything else, but I believe that happens to be what led us all here in the first place. Look at developed countries for instance to see how critical thinking has helped not only improve their lives and their government as well. We need more of that and less FOLLOW FOLLOW /PRAISE mentality!
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by gozzilla(m): 2:57am On Aug 10, 2010
Am not saying i understand what everbody said there. Don't get me wrong. I guess at times you are even too logical for anyone to dispute with. That i give to you.
But nonetheless any progress is progress. Of course in the context of a nation like Nigeria it might not be good enough, but it is a good thing nonetheless.

About the 10 years thing i simply meant if every administration will keep doing something on every infrastructure we have, we will make progress. Its that simple, if this government adds say 1000MW to the existing electricity, without ignoring the old facilities, we will end up having a plus. If the next one does same in 10 years time we will see upward trends. That was what i meant.

The GPS thing don't get me wrong you could read my post. I wasn't saying your points were not good enough. Just that at times we should not let those that criticise for no reason at all, keep being just that critics by endorsing their pessimism. We need what can be done with this mess, rather than this is mess.
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by AloyEmeka8: 3:01am On Aug 10, 2010
Is it Nigeria or Fashola?. Change the title o before Babapupa reserves his eko ni baje lai lai.
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Nobody: 3:05am On Aug 10, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Is it Nigeria or Fashola?. Change the title o before Babapupa reserves his eko ni baje lai lai.
Thank You, I almost entered "No Man's Land"
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 3:16am On Aug 10, 2010
gozzilla:

Am not saying i understand what everbody said there. Don't get me wrong. I guess at times you are even too logical for anyone to dispute with. That i give to you.
But nonetheless any progress is progress. Of course in the context of a nation like Nigeria it might not be good enough, but it is a good thing nonetheless.
I understand what you are trying to do but no, any progress no longer works as good progress especially when we are discussing Nigeria, a nation where almost 130 million poor people depend on this government for their future.  Two more trains a day after billions of Naira, and almost 4 years is not really progress that we need to kill cows and call for celebration of any kind over.  Consider what this PROGRESS cost the nation as a whole and how that cost has now deprived us of other opportunities to develop the same country with part of that money.

Here's an example for you  . . . say you sent your son to the market to purchase a book you need for an exam in 3 hours, and you gave him your credit card. The boy comes back about 24hours later and maxing out your credit card, with a pencil, and he tells you can use that pencil for your exam. Sure, if you are desperate for progress, you will definitely say that is progress, am I right?

gozzilla:

About the 10 years thing i simply meant if every administration will keep doing something on every infrastructure we have, we will make progress. Its that simple, if this government adds say 1000MW to the existing electricity, without ignoring the old facilities, we will end up having a plus. If the next one does same in 10 years time we will see upward trends. That was what i meant.
ROFLMAO!!!
please tell me you are joking  . . .  
Every Administration has actually been doing something . . .  Even the Military, did its own share, only problem is 10 years later, all that is allowed to go to waste because the new governments wants to IMPRESS folks who like to sing praises of them with new flashy things to speak of while allowing past progress decay. That is what has been happening. In Lagos, Tinubu allowed all the progress from Marwa to go to waste, and so on. Yar adua did the same with most of Obasanjo's projects. That is most the norm. And in that time too, billions of dollars in spending goes down the drain. . .  but the praise singers will always have something nice to say of their messiahs at the end of the day though. cheesy

gozzilla:

The GPS thing don't get me wrong you could read my post. I wasn't saying your points were not good enough. Just that at times we should not let those that criticise for no reason at all, keep being just that critics by endorsing their pessimism. We need what can be done with this mess, rather than this is mess.
But excuse me . . . if you read their posts, you would realize that they are mostly wondering why they need to PRAISE this Endeavour which is yet again being offered them on a platter laced with the words "LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT DID IT".

We don't need WHAT CAN BE DONE WITH THIS MESS messages, why? Because we already HIRED People who already claim to have answers to these questions . . .  and are PAYING people who SAID to us "WE KNOW WHAT CAN BE DONE WITH THIS MESS AND WE ARE GOING TO DO IT".  Only we are wondering if we hired the right people and if these people have the answers we really hoped they did when we hired them.
Again, CORS/NGC is not a Lagos State initiative and it is not any much different from GPS. it is a Service that pulls already existing GPS data together and then serves end users with more accurate products of that pool . .  more like ATOMIC CLOCK functionality for GPS, nothing more.  Why should I, or anyone need to be pessimistic or optimistic about this when the project itself does not attempt to claim it revolutionizes anything but simply presents us with a better version of what already exists? Are we that desperate for something to praise?
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 3:17am On Aug 10, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by maree7(f): 4:08am On Aug 10, 2010
@ gozzila
I advice you not to get in an argument with her it is useless.

Kobojunkie:

Like I said, there is that which the government is actually doing, and that which is happening but the government seems to claim to have a hand in.

I see you suggest people sacrifice critical thinking so you can read more praise notes than anything else, but I believe that happens to be what led us all here in the first place. Look at developed countries for instance to see how critical thinking has helped not only improve their lives and their government as well. We need more of that and less FOLLOW FOLLOW /PRAISE mentality!

For goodness sake how long are you going to be "critically thinking" in the place you are at? You have been critically thinking for the last 40 years now, IT IS TIME TO TAKE SOME ACTION.
Please do no take my politeness on the other thread for weakness. . . I can put you where you belong, but this is a forum about Nigeria and I find it really immature trying to prove who is the best "DEBATER". . . WHO cares? IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU. . . get it through your thick skull it is about the DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA. . . GO TO THE COUNTRY AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING (Tell us the outcome instead of your usual). Contribute something good for once and stop criticizing everything without giving a good solution.

As I said before The emptiest barrel makes the loudest noise. . . you talk to much therefore it shows how empty you are.

IF IT IS DEBATING YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GO TO A FORUM WHERE YOU CAN WIN AN AWARD FOR YOUR "GREAT DEBATES". . . THIS A FORUM ABOUT NIGERIA AND HOW THE PEOPLE CAN DEVELOP IT.

Humble yourself and learn. WISDOM IS IN HUMILITY

WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR "DEBATES" OR "CRITICAL THINKING" ON THIS FORUM NIGERIA WOULD CONTINUE TO PROGRESS.

BTW. . . you don't know me so don't label. . . or else you would end up picking your face of the floor (in shame). wink

I AM DONE WITH YOU. . .

@ EVERYONE

POSITIVITY = FAITH = OPTIMISM = ACTION = PROGRESS

* I know the vultures are coming out . . . oh well progress still continues. hahahahahaha

IN JESUS NAME EKO O NI BAJE LAI LAI. . . NIGERIA NA O NI TU KA grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 10, 2010
maree7:

@ gozzila

For goodness sake how long are you going to be "critically thinking" in the place you are at? You have been critically thinking for the last 40 years now, IT IS TIME TO TAKE SOME ACTION.
Please do no take my politeness on the other thread for weakness. . . I can put you where you belong, but this is a forum about Nigeria and I find it really immature trying to prove who is the best "DEBATER". . . WHO cares? IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU. . . get it through your thick skull it is about the DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA. . . GO TO THE COUNTRY AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING (Tell us the outcome instead of your usual). Contribute something good for once and stop criticizing everything without giving a good solution.

As I said before The emptiest barrel makes the loudest noise. . . you talk to much therefore it shows how empty you are.

IF IT IS DEBATING YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GO TO A FORUM WHERE YOU CAN WIN AN AWARD FOR YOUR "GREAT DEBATES". . . THIS A FORUM ABOUT NIGERIA AND HOW THE PEOPLE CAN DEVELOP IT.

WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR "DEBATES" OR "CRITICAL THINKING" ON THIS FORUM NIGERIA WOULD CONTINUE TO PROGRESS.

BTW. . . you don't know me so don't label. . . or else you would end up picking your face of the floor (in shame). wink

I AM DONE WITH YOU. . .

@ EVERYONE

* I know the vultures are coming out . . . oh well progress still continues. hahahahahaha

IN JESUS NAME EKO O NI BAJE LAI LAI. . . NIGERIA NA O NI TU KA grin grin grin grin grin grin

Funny, cuz you just wrote a paragraph for her. undecided

Anybody that questions the Lagos-Baton is useless. . . lol!
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Aug 10, 2010
maree7:

@ gozzila
. . . now you go around telling folks arguing with me is useless, and the same you claimed you do not impose on others? tsk, tsk, tsk!!!
ROFLMAO!!

maree7:

Take action by joining the praise patrol without using my head at all? Take action by not digging to gain a better understanding of the situation but jumping in as you do to just pick a side even if I am dumb to data? WOW!!
maree7:

OH!! And you assume I believed any of the packaged stuff you dished out earlier? I am sorry I usually learn from observing folks on here and it's not hard to surmise what you are capable or not capable of. cheesy

I hate to break it to you but this forum is actually for debating issues on Nigeria and not about development, or developing Nigeria. You may want to read the sign on the door rather than rushing to impose your own take on others. If you are here to develop Nigeria, then I am sorry but you are probably in the wrong place. Even the admin saw no reason to create a BOARD/SECTION for that. Maybe you are best looking to TAKING ACTION and going off to create your own forum where you can develop Nigeria there as you please.

maree7:

Actually, are you sure you are not referring to yourself there? Like I said, I have never actually seen you post from your brain . . . it has been the usual ramblings about how what others posts somehow offends you and your image of God and Jesus there. grin

That is part of the reason why I felt to give you a chance to prove me wrong earlier!  . .  grin

maree7:

This is a forum for debating  issues and ideas. . . ask the moderator!

maree7:

lol . . . I can see how humble you are there trying to chase me out  because you are unwilling to process my posts or even attempt to consider them  . . . grin

maree7:

WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR "DEBATES" OR "CRITICAL THINKING" ON THIS FORUM NIGERIA WOULD CONTINUE TO PROGRESS
I AM DONE WITH YOU. . .
@ EVERYONE
* I know the vultures are coming out . . . oh well progress still continues. hahahahaha
IN JESUS NAME EKO O NI BJE LAI LAI. . . NIGERIA NA O NI TU KA grin grin grin grin grin grin

ROFLMAO!!!

Again with the "JESUS IS ON MY SIDE AND THOSE WHO DO NOT THINK LIKE I DO ARE GOING TO HELL" mentality . . .  please grow up or better still . . . stay away when adults are chatting/debating. It is for your own mental health.
Nigerians, heal thine own selves first  . . . before you go healing others . . . ROFLMAO!!

@Maree7, learn to remove that boulder in your eye there . .  . maybe then, you will feel less of a need to think you are holier than those who do not REASON as you do  . . .  By the way, you do know that Jesus was considered by the Pharisees as a PERMISSTIC prophet who hated development ( The man practically critically put down everything the pharisees stood for and lived for). . why in the world do you think they crucified him? Because he preached sugar, and spice and everything nice?  Are you sure you would not have, by your standards there, equally crucified the man too , had you been back there in those days??
Like I said earlier, Original thought counts for a lot . . .

[size=13pt]
ROFLMAO!!
[/size]
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by fyneguy: 8:03am On Aug 10, 2010
Do people still waste their time, arguing with kobojunkie?
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by sammytb(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2010
Nigeria is going places,
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by vanitty: 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2010
sammytb:

Nigeria is going places,

Yeah. Good progress
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by desgiezd(m): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
Are the trains locomotive or modern engines?
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by chrisford(m): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2010
These trains,are they electrical trains or locomotive ones and for goodness sake, why is it that they did not show the trains on the post,see, if they are locomotive ones then sorry for naija for what happen to the former ones will definitely happen to dis ones,
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by adeshina84(m): 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2010
Its a plus for the nation
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by EloSela(f): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
Pics please! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by AloyEmeka8: 12:48pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by deb(m): 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
That is not Lagos!
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by AloyEmeka8: 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2010

Straddling buses will be made to fit under city overpasses. Fashola predicts that each of the vehicles' cabs will carry 300 passengers at a time (up to 1,400 passengers in all) and will reduce traffic by up to 30% on crowded Lagos roads.
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by tpiah: 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
na today aloy emeka sabi lie?

see the photos she's posting, since there arent any pictures of the lagos ones yet.

what an absolutely warped individual.
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by marcus1234: 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2010
ROFLMAO!! . ,
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by SamMilla1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Thats German Inter-City Express
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by GAR3TH(m): 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
I have pictures of the new locomotives. . .if you want to see. . .but none of that of the new first class cars/coaches.
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by AloyEmeka8: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2010
Sam Milla:

Thats German Inter-City Express

before Inter-city express, there was Fashola. Eko ni baje lai lai.
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by tpiah: 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2010
a rodent cat may look at a king.

nothing wrong with that.

keep staring at fashola while jealousy eats you up.
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2010
Take a look at the trains on the NRC site

http://www.nrc-ng.org/ps.php
Re: Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos by GAR3TH(m): 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
here are the new locomotives that have/will be driving the new coaches. . .THESE ARE NOT THE NEW COACHES. . .20 more have been slated for delivery later this year.

Link to the article if your interested http://www.gereports.com/so-long-to-the-70s-as-ge-locomotives-arrive-in-nigeria/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Farming for business : Ideas / What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria / Six Silly Mistakes Business Owners Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.