Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Is Repeating A Prayer Point Really Necessary? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Repeating A Prayer Point Really Necessary? (344 Views)

Onitsha Church On A Prayer Walk For Trump (Pictures & Video) / Apostle Suleman: INEC Doesn't Count Prayer Point But Votes - (photos,video) / 2018 Full Prophetic prophecies and prayer point needed By GO MFM Dr D.K OLUKOYA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Repeating A Prayer Point Really Necessary? by garriboy(m): 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
Hello fellow Christians, I've had this thought for a while now. Do we really need to repeat ourselves for God to hear (and answer) us.

Isaiah 65:24 says "And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear". If he answers us before we call and hears us as we speak, why should we speak again?

In Mark 11:24 it says "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them". Here Jesus is telling us that when we pray in FAITH, we should simply believe our prayers are answered and it shall be so. If it is already answered why ask again?

John 5:14-15 says " 14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him". This also buttresses my point.

Personally I think if our prayers are backed by concrete FAITH, then the next prayer point should be thanksgiving, followed by the next prayer point.

(1) (Reply)

Bad News For Sinners / Yoruba Needs Prayers !!! / Is Total Evil And Demonic For Any Christian To Vote Buhari/apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.