Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

2019: Kalu Kicks Off Campaign, Promises Quality Representation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Kalu Kicks Off Campaign, Promises Quality Representation (445 Views)

Abia North; Kalu Kicks Off Commission Of Projects, Commissions Lokpanta Natio / PDP Flag Off Campaign Rally In Jigawa State Yesterday- Photos / 2019: Sokoto Getting Set For Atiku Flag-off Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Kalu Kicks Off Campaign, Promises Quality Representation by Shobowalebola: 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2019
Former governor of Abia State and APC senatorial candidate for Abia North zone, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu has kick started his campaign in Arochukwu, for the 2019 election with a promise for quality and responsive representation.

First point of call for Kalu and his entourage was Obinkita where he told the people that he had already started working even before he was elected senator, by attracting the rehabilitation of many roads in Abia North including the Ohafia/Arochukwu Highway.

According to him, "I built the Ohafia/Arochukwu road when I was governor, and now, President Muhammadu Buhari through my connection is rehabilitating the road.

"When I met with the president, I tabled before him some of the roads that are so dear to my people and he graciously approved them.

"Presently, over 30 of such roads are completed or under construction and more are coming".

Kalu regretted that the senator representing Abia North, Mao Ohuabunwa has been claiming some of the projects he attracted and said it will be nice for the senator to be truthful and tell the people what he has actually done for them in the past four years.

"Mao lied in Item that he attracted a polytechnic to the people, but the truth remains that it is only the president that can establish federal institution in any part of the country.

"President Buhari has assured that after the election, the Federal Government would establish two federal institutions - one polytechnic and one college of education which will be cited in suitable areas".

In other areas visited such as Asaga, Ututu, Ugwuakuma, Kalu gave the people the same message of voting out PDP government in the state for their non performance including non payment of workers salary and pensioners.

Kalu said he is sure of victory as his major opponent, Ohuabunwa is not popular even in his Arochukwu home town.

Retired Deputy Inspector General of police, Azubuko Udah who described Kalu as a statesman, said the former governor was the type of man Abia North needs to represent them in the Senate.

According to Udah, "Many roads in Abia North have been reconstructed through the efforts of Kalu not withstanding he is not yet a senator. I assure you that if Kalu is voted for, he will not go there to sleep as some of them are doing presently".

A former Speaker of Abia State House of Assembly, Hon Agwu U. Agwu said APC remains the answer to the myriad of problems facing Abia State and called on Abians to vote out the PDP government".

Speaking also, the APC candidate for Arochukwu/Ohafia federal constituency, Chief Iro Oji (Opotoyom) said since Kalu joined APC, Abia North has received fair share of federal presence particularly in the area of roads reconstruction and urged the people to vote for APC.

https://www.abnews247.com/2019/01/2019-ouk-kicks-off-campaign-promises-quality-representation-photos/

Re: 2019: Kalu Kicks Off Campaign, Promises Quality Representation by Shobowalebola: 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2019
See more

Re: 2019: Kalu Kicks Off Campaign, Promises Quality Representation by Shobowalebola: 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2019
More

Re: 2019: Kalu Kicks Off Campaign, Promises Quality Representation by oyin44: 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2019
grin
Re: 2019: Kalu Kicks Off Campaign, Promises Quality Representation by Obinkita(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
OUK should go and open a farm, before EFCC picks him up; he is simply wasting him time trying to get a senatorial seat.

Claiming to have built Ohafia-Arochukwu Rd is a fat lie, the road has remained deplorable since the PTF years. And his claim of attracting fed projects is unbelievable.

MAO will defeat him once again.

(1) (Reply)

Dasuki: Court Refuses To Continue Trial In Absence Of Accused / Jigawa State Presidential Campaign Rally / Who Knows This Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.