Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? (536 Views)

Family Land Purchase / Land Purchase Mistakes You Should Avoid / Land Purchase Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? by Ajakaiye83: 7:44pm On Jan 06, 2019
Happy Sunday.
Trust we all had a restful day.

Pls I just bought a piece of land around Maya,Ikorodu ,Lagos and I need some advice.

An experienced house builder gave me an house plan and saw the design in some houses in the area.
Can I proceed to start building? Or I must have a survey plan first, bring in an architect design, c of o etc.

Does it affect me in the future if I skip these processes for now just to secure the land and do it later?

Thanks for your anticpated responses
Re: What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? by kunleweb: 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ajakaiye83:
Happy Sunday.

Pls I just bought a piece of land around Maya,Ikorodu ,Lagos and I need some advice.

An experienced house builder gave me an house plan and saw the design in some houses in the area.
Can I proceed to start building? Or I must have a survey plan first, bring in an architect design, c of o etc.

Does it affect me in the future if I skip these processes for now just to secure the land and do it later?

Use.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? by IrokoOluwere: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ajakaiye83:
Happy Sunday.

Fence the land

1 Like

Re: What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? by Ajakaiye83: 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
kunleweb:

Use.

I don't get you
Re: What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? by Ajakaiye83: 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
IrokoOluwere:

Fence the land

Thanks
Re: What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? by Obafisenco(m): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2019
Ajakaiye83:
Happy Sunday.

Thanks for your anticipated responses
as a builder base in ikorodu, it depend on the kind of building u want to put on it, if it's bungalow U can processed with the building construction once U've gotten a plan that u like , and process with other document later.
Maya is a sub area which building agency's won't disturbs

1 Like

Re: What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? by ipeg34yahooco: 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hi there,

I just saw your post and pls let me advise you, don't skip any legal process to your land acquisition.

Do your due diligence as a land buyer,don't just pay a land and assume you automatically have legal title to it

I hope you did a land chart on the land to be sure it is free from government acquisition?

If you did ,then continue the process by getting a survey plan and having it lodged at the Surveyor General's office,then proceed to acquire your C of O and building approval with a perimeter fence constructed around the land.

Believe me, if you fail to do these,you may fall victim into the hands of land scammers,if you have not already

You can reach me for further info through my contact info in www.summitsolicitors.com

Cheers

uote author=Ajakaiye83 post=74511950]Happy Sunday.

Thanks for your anticpated responses[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? by kometpuvo(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ajakaiye83:
Happy Sunday.

Greeting to you also and congrats for acquiring a property. Ensure you get the right documentation for your land then proceed to have a proper discussion with an expert. Here you tell the expert what you want and he in turns guides you through the details you require. I would love to help with this as I also stay in ikorodu. Reach me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Next Phase After Land Purchase? by Hum2020: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
I dont understand why nigerians will spend much money to buy land and find it difficult to do all they necessary document inrespect to the land before paying for this very land you need to do suvery this enable you to know the side of the land which you wish to purchase so kindly do this and akso you need deed of assignments ok thanks good luck

(1) (Reply)

OCCUPIED: TO LET: New 2bedroom Flat At Gowon Estate, Egbeda, Lagos @ 600k P/A / Four Bedroom Bungalow Construction / To Let: A Room And Parlour Self Contain In Magodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.