Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Soldiers Storm Daily Trust Abuja Office, Seize Phones, Computers (PICS) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Storm Daily Trust Abuja Office, Seize Phones, Computers (PICS) (55656 Views)

Ganduje Dollar Videos: Police Storm Daily Nigeria In Search Of Jaafar Jaafar / #EndSARS: Police, Soldiers Storm Lekki Toll Plaza / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu’s Home, Block Entrance To His Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Storm Daily Trust Abuja Office, Seize Phones, Computers (PICS) by Organs(m): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2019
omonnakoda:

Abuse is no substitute for a debate.

Sadly young people like you wasted whatever time and money you spent in school.
I am sure you would claim to be a graduate but your mentality is below that of WAEC
You cannot ask even basic questions. You cannot THINK

The soldiers should make a complaint to the police or DSS and stick to their training.
All that is a claim. A mere allegation
If the men committed any crimes then potentially before prison they would appear in court?
by seizing their computers without a warrant and invading their premises illegally as they did they have destroyed the admissibility in court of any evidence held on those computers and thus injured any legal case they may have so that even if crimes punishable by prison were committed the perpetrators walk free because of procedural blunders.Is that smart?

They do not have the training to gather evidence for criminal prosecution in civilian courts and should live that to the experts. The soldiers are hammers and in the eye of the hammer everything is a nail but some jobs require screwdrivers. Only a twisted carpenter extracts nails with his teeth. Their are people serving life sentences or quite long sentences in some countries for criminal breach of secrecy laws without soldiers closing down offices
Soldiers should not be seen to do police work .It is bad PR and drives money away ,you cannot spin it. Few professional investors would put money into a country where soldiers do police work >
The CIC and his cabinet know this.
Soldiers arresting civilians is martial law, what is martial law? Anything the soldier says is law.
You cannot arrest anyone without procedure criminal justice or military. Once you arrest you must process = procedure. Where do you keep them, for how long , how do you charge them or release them. There is no procedure in a democracy for the military to do this any more than for the Boy Scouts. They must complain to theDSS/ Attorney General or any of the bodies under his supervision

Also the Commander in Chief was not in the loop and was embarrassed by the action and so ordered its cessation
Regrettably the opposition politcal parties show their unreadiness for office by failing to make political capital

I agree with some of the things you wrote but again, Nigeria is too complex, too deep, too corrupt for conventional and the right things to happen. Case in point, Soldiers invaded Judges houses the other day and Nigerians screamed and said its wrong etc, now, this is the work of the National Judicial Commission, now tell me what has that body done to rid the Judiciary of its corrupt practices? Every single parastatal in Nigeria runs under corruption including the judiciary and sometimes you have to take steps like this to correct issues. Go again and watch fights in the House chambers and see what those lawmakers even do with law enforcement.... You will see a policeman in uniform trying to stop a house of reps member from hitting or attacking his fellow member and the attacker will even push away the policeman or still go ahead and hit, punch, or continue his attack and later walk away angry, arrogant with his soldiers high... who does that, in what country except Nigeria will anyone do that to law enforcement? Now if the Police officer should tackle him, like Dino or Fayose trying to enter the Courts by force by fire, you will see them pushing law enforcement officers, as a matter of fact, ordinary security of TB Joshua, prevented, i repeat, PREVENTED Policemen from going inside the Synagogue when the synagogue was on fire. If not Nigeria, where else will all these total chaos and total disregard for law enforcement take place? Yet we complain day in day out. That is the reason why we are corrupt and we are all not corrupt at the same time. Late Alams, Ibori, Deziani, even Sambo Dasuki, IBB, all are not corrupt in Nigeria. touch any of them and you are regarded as enemy of progress. Pastors, Imams and religious leaders preach hate, violence, inciteful messages and we are quiet and only complain if it is not in line with our biases. If Miyetti Allah says herdsmen should have weapons to defend themselves, they are terrorists and if Apostle Suleman should say the same thing, it is Ok. My chairman, we neva start. Maybe we will go through another civil war before all our head go reset

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Storm Daily Trust Abuja Office, Seize Phones, Computers (PICS) by genieplus86(f): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
tegafej:

You sounded so intelligent at the start but at the end?

Nope you didn't...

The military invading a media house is total violation of Human Rights. It is not in their jurisdiction to do that the first place...

Pls think before spewing trash
Re: Soldiers Storm Daily Trust Abuja Office, Seize Phones, Computers (PICS) by SaiAtikuTill203: 8:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
if PDP are thieves then APC are armed Robbers, if PDP are criminals then APC are terrorists, if PDP are corrupt then APC are lucifers... *
If Nigerians are not hypocrites, why are we supporting Baba to neclect ASUU, even if ASUU have faults yets we are the end-victims. What has change since 2015 on *Education, Health, Social welfare, Transportaion & local security?.*
-Let's learn to say the truth especially on issues that affect our *lives, governance and collective affairs.* Nobody can brainwash me into believing things that all of us know were political lies aimed at continuous domination of the people.
-Buhari is human, can make mistakes. He is sorrounded by both good and bad, selfless and selfish, transparent and corrupt people, why then are we acting as if he is God? when*Insecurity, systematic corruption, poor condition and selective prosecution* are like Jonathan Era.
Say, think and do what you feel is right, but *because many will never forgive him for his inability to truly protect the people.* Many people have paid & are still paying Millions of Naira as Ransom to Kidnappers, *will Buhari compensate them?,* since he cannot provide adequate security?.
-We voted him because we thought he is better than Jonathan, but he allowed the *Tinubus, Osinbajos, Fasholas* and others to be control him Indirectly. He is no more the *"Action GMB"*
SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER LIFE
SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER NIGERIA
ON ATIKUOBI MANDATE WE
ZOMBIES A. K. A IDIOTIC PIGS OF BUHARI CAN RANT TO DEATH..
Re: Soldiers Storm Daily Trust Abuja Office, Seize Phones, Computers (PICS) by genieplus86(f): 4:10am On Jan 25, 2019
Still wondering where I mentioned human right in my submission. In what context was I spewing trash ? I wont join you in your contest of the basics. Don’t you have a famine to go die in? #just wondering aloud#
tegafej:

You sounded so intelligent at the start but at the end?

Nope you didn't...

The military invading a media house is total violation of Human Rights. It is not in their jurisdiction to do that the first place...

Pls think before spewing trash
Re: Soldiers Storm Daily Trust Abuja Office, Seize Phones, Computers (PICS) by genieplus86(f): 4:17am On Jan 25, 2019
Unfortunately we do not live in a sane clime. To be fair, I am here to stamp on some of your wilder wheezes (at those that I know about),
crazygod:

Are u human at all? In a sane climate is this right? What the hell is wrong with u people? Jeez

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / Armed Forces Deployed In Lagos (pictures) / Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.