Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

A Question For The Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For The Catholics (396 Views)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For The Catholics by nwaguy01: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2019
My brother just gave birth and wants me to be the sponsor of there child during his baptism but my mum is kinda saying its not good,that he needs someone else to do that...
Please i need your opinions...
Re: A Question For The Catholics by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2019
nwaguy01:
My brother just gave birth and wants me to be the sponsor of there child during his baptism but my mum is kinda saying its not good,that he needs someone else to do that...
Please i need your opinions...
whats d meaning of being the sponsor of the child
And btw am an Anglican...
Re: A Question For The Catholics by nwaguy01: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

whats d meaning of being the sponsor of the child
And btw am an Anglican...

baptism father of the child...i dont know if anglicans do so
Re: A Question For The Catholics by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
nwaguy01:

baptism father of the child...i dont know if anglicans do so
Yeah thats The Godfather, Anglicans also do the same, but u the question is, do u understand the role of a Godfather
Re: A Question For The Catholics by nwaguy01: 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Yeah thats The Godfather, Anglicans also do the same, but u the question is, do u understand the role of a Godfather

yes sir
Re: A Question For The Catholics by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
nwaguy01:

yes sir
and can u pls tell us...
Re: A Question For The Catholics by nwaguy01: 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
and can u pls tell us...

i know the roles bro.besides he is not to be my first godson,i have one already..
Re: A Question For The Catholics by merujeffrey(m): 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
The funny thing about this post and the practice spoken of, its no where in the Bible.

Exactly what Jesus, Paul and all the apostles called TRADITIONS OF MEN
Re: A Question For The Catholics by nwaguy01: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
merujeffrey:
The funny thing about this post and the practice spoken of, its no where in the Bible.

Exactly what Jesus, Paul and all the apostles called TRADITIONS OF MEN

during the time of paul ...people are baptized when they are old enough for baptism...during our time kidx are baptized without there consent so the tradition of godfatherism is to help train and lead the child into a life worthy of emulation...

(1) (Reply)

The Devil, Who Really Is He? This Drama Would Help You Know / Biblical Questionable Events. / Elderly Man Shows Off His Amazing Zanku Moves At A Night Vigil In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.