Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline (4473 Views)

Senator Dickson Shares Food To Bayelsa Residents As Christmas/New Year Gifts / Bayelsa Residents Break Into Warehouse, Steal 2022 Flood Palliatives / Lagos Seals Conoil Filling Station Over Environmental Infraction (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by behosgroups2019: 1:54am On Jan 07, 2019
Military and community sources in Bayelsa have described some media reports of militants’ attack on an oil pipeline in Koluama 1, Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of the state as “fake news.”

Online media had reported that a militant group blew up a pipeline within Conoil’s oilfield near the Atlantic coastline in Koluama 1 settlement.

Maj. Ibrahim Abdullahi, Spokesman of the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) in the Niger Delta, condemned the reports in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Yenagoa.

Abdullahi described the reports as a hoax and the handiwork of mischief makers aimed at misinforming the public.

“After exhaustive verifications following enquiries from media practitioners, we found out that no such incident happened.

“We enjoin the media to crosscheck their facts before rushing to the press to avoid publishing falsehood such as this report,” Abdullahi said.

Also, James Dou, a resident of the area told NAN on phone that Koluama 1 had been peaceful since the New Year with the joint military task force frequently patrolling the waterways.

“I am in Koluama 1 as we speak and there is no report of any attack on Conoil or any oil facility nearby. I did not hear any explosion neither did I hear anyone discuss it,” Dou said.

Mathew Sele-Epri, a community leader in Koluama 1 and Chairman, KEFFES Rural Development Board, said the report was false.

“There is no such incident. If it happened I should have known. I have made contact with my people back home and there is nothing like that; it is fake news,” the community leader said.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/jtf-bayelsa-residents-debunk-reported-militants-attack-conoil-pipeline-185154

1 Like

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Nobody: 3:05am On Jan 07, 2019
This clueless Buhari is gradually bringing back militancy in Nigeria.. Buhari needs to be ex-communicated!

1 Like

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Scoobiano1991: 3:06am On Jan 07, 2019
We are watching
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by donclef8(m): 3:08am On Jan 07, 2019
First time on front page is there any award for first to comment cos I do see people say dat

1 Like

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Nobody: 3:19am On Jan 07, 2019
donclef8:
[s]First time on front page is there any award for first to comment[/s] cos I do see people say
dat
Serious do u have eyes?

1 Like

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by castrokins(m): 4:07am On Jan 07, 2019
Is It Not Buhari's Government Again? They'd Deny Anything. ..
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:15am On Jan 07, 2019
Abdullahi described the reports as a hoax and the handiwork of mischief makers aimed at misinforming the public.
To all the evil people trying all they can to destroy the peace of Nigeria, with fake news and propaganda.
Peace shall be far from them and their family.
Nuff said!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by jordyspices: 4:15am On Jan 07, 2019
Hope is not true
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by QuotaSystem: 4:27am On Jan 07, 2019
Since the military discovered choppers spitting fire above the creeks were far more effective than military boots on ground...we have not heard 'peem' from those militants cool.

Buhari's carrot & stick approach to tackle ND militancy in the SS is clearly a winner.

Now elections are coming and propagandists are at it again. SS is already on the NEXT LEVEL cool cool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by able1993(m): 4:53am On Jan 07, 2019
Nobody wants the news to be true anyway, but make sure what you just reeled out are not lies or propaganda because you are now more difficult to trust.....

Do you think you can't make it in life or you need success strategies, best ways to approach life, grooming and guidance, way to academic and business success, or motivational and inspirational articles, then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by kingzjay(m): 4:53am On Jan 07, 2019
What do people gain in spreading fake news 'just to pull drag the other person's name in the mud'?

Karma is indeed human.... For whatever a man sows, same he shall reap

2 Likes

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by jomoh: 6:27am On Jan 07, 2019
I don’t know how militancy suddenly disappeared under this government.

However that came by, it is highly commendable.
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Emerald94(f): 6:47am On Jan 07, 2019
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Corrinthians(m): 6:48am On Jan 07, 2019
No wonder pigs are also called children of hate and destruction.

Pigs who were excited about the news right now.

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:59am On Jan 07, 2019
QuotaSystem:
Since the military discovered choppers spitting fire above the creeks were far more effective than military boots on ground...we have not heard 'peem' from those militants cool.

Buhari's carrot & stick approach to tackle ND militancy in the SS is clearly a winner.

Now elections are coming and propagandists are at it again. SS is already on the NEXT LEVEL cool cool.

When Niger-Delta avenger were blowing the creeks pipelines where was the choppers spitting fire? Osibanjos peace initiative worked nd not any Buhari carrot and stick approach.

1 Like

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Basher8583: 9:00am On Jan 07, 2019
able1993:
Nobody wants the news to be true anyway, but make sure what you just reeled out are not lies or propaganda[b] because you are now more difficult to trust.....[/b]

Do you think you can't make it in life or you need success strategies, best ways to approach life, grooming and guidance, way to academic and business success, or motivational and inspirational articles, then visit www.motivate.com.ng

Its people like you that are target audience of fake news
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Fuckdamod: 9:18am On Jan 07, 2019
Corrinthians:
No wonder pigs are also called children of hate and destruction.

Pigs who were excited about the news right now.
Early in the morning this is how you're constituting nuisance all over the forum as usual. That tribe will forever torment you till you die of heartache.
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by QuotaSystem: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

When Niger-Delta avenger were blowing the creeks pipelines where was the choppers spitting fire? Osibanjos peace initiative worked nd not any Buhari carrot and stick approach.

Your knowledge of political chronicles is lacking.

Until the Air Force were called in, the scavengers and other militants were drowning our soldiers in the creeks by the dozen due to their superior knowledge of the creeks and surrounding terrain. Soon as the helicopter gunships started blasting their camps to hell from the sky (stick), coupled with the peace initiative (carrot) the scavengers disappeared into thin air. PMB's approach was the silver bullet.

Otherwise tell me what was different about Osibanjo's initiative that wasn't included in past FG peace initiatives.
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Ohraykon: 10:03am On Jan 07, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Your knowledge of political chronicles is lacking.

Until the Air Force were called in, the scavengers and other militants were drowning our soldiers in the creeks by the dozen due to their superior knowledge of the creeks and surrounding terrain. Soon as the helicopter gunships started blasting their camps to hell from the sky (stick), coupled with the peace initiative (carrot) the scavengers disappeared into thin air. PMB's approach was the silver bullet.

Otherwise tell me what was different about Osibanjo's initiative that wasn't included in past FG peace initiatives.
no wonder militants are silent the same approach dey used on dem in the west too

1 Like

Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Officialpdpnig: 10:06am On Jan 07, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

And Osinbajo works without the approval from Buhari abi?

Dull Atikulooter
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
Officialpdpnig:

And Osinbajo works without the approval from Buhari abi?

Dull Atikulooter

You be mumu o. I was commenting on a posters claim that Buharis carrot and stick approach is what brought down militancy and I debunked his claim as Buharis stick failed and it was the carrot dangled by Osibanjo that worked.
Re: JTF, Bayelsa Residents Debunk Reported Militants’ Attack On Conoil Pipeline by Officialpdpnig: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

You be mumu o. I was commenting on a posters claim that Buharis carrot and stick approach is what brought down militancy and I debunked his claim as Buharis stick failed and it was the carrot dangled by Osibanjo that worked.

You are a very strong and humongous mumu if you still cannot see that Osinbajo cannot work on such sensitive issues without the approval of the President.

(1) (Reply)

How Reno Omokri Decimated Buhari And Tinubu In One Savage Sub (photos) / Bauchi State Governor To Replace Charles Soludo As CBN Governor / Akala, Daniel, Ohakim Etc Report Or Be Declared Wanted - Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.