Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

ASUU Strike: Have Mercy On Students, Minister Begs Varsity Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Have Mercy On Students, Minister Begs Varsity Lecturers (268 Views)

Why We Paid Varsity Lecturers Half Salaries – FG / White Teacher Who Threatened To Kneel On Students' Necks Fired In South Africa / IPPIS: Buhari Approves Payment Of February, March Salaries Of Varsity Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Have Mercy On Students, Minister Begs Varsity Lecturers by rmo19: 11:58am On Jan 07, 2019
The Minister of Labour & Employment, Chris Ngige has pleaded with the striking varsity teachers to show mercy on students by calling off their strike.

This was made by the Minister at a Local Radio Station in Akwa, Anambra State.

Speaking further, he said “the problems of ASUU was not caused by President Muhammadu Buhari, but were bequeathed to the present administration by the previous governments based on agreements reached in 2009”

“I appeal to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and Labour to have mercy on students and be patient. As far as I’m concerned, we have treated Labour well. And they should also know I’m a comrade and that is why I always intervened on matters that concern them.”

More details here:http://ybtcnews.com/2019/01/07/ASUU-strike-have-mercy-on-students-minister-begs-varsity-lecturers/
Re: ASUU Strike: Have Mercy On Students, Minister Begs Varsity Lecturers by THUNDER4real(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2019
As the minister is begging ASUU to call off strike, I am begging NLC to commence theirs. Useless APC

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Yet To Reach Agreement With Fg / How Do I Apply For Canadian Scholarship Master's Degree Program? / FG Be Giving Assurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.