Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! (6873 Views)

Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices / How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by marcus1234: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2010
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by kevweno25: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2010
too late hitv , i have already sent my hitv decoder to my grand mother in the village
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by amigoes(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2010
@solo
HITV are negotiating that with dstv now (what an irony),

b-a-d.

Subair is a laywer not a businessman, he uses the law to operate hitv and not run it from businessman's pespective,

, his lieutenants are not doing their jobs (though the bucks still stops at his table).
he should have competent professionals in
finance
technical
marketing
operations
and planning, development  & other departments.

my question is what have they been doing
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by amigoes(m): 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2010
kevweno25:

too late hitv , i have already sent my hitv decoder to my grand mother in the village

send this tutorial to grandma to aid her in properly deploying the decoder  grin grin grin

Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by realborn(m): 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2010
d topic read more like 'Hiv slashes rates' grin
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by amigoes(m): 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2010
realborn:

d topic read more like 'Hiv slashes rates' grin

una no go kill person cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by solo1ng1: 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2010
amigoes:

@solo
HITV are negotiating that with dstv now (what an irony),

b-a-d.

Subair is a laywer not a businessman, he uses the law to operate hitv and not run it from businessman's pespective,

, his lieutenants are not doing their jobs (though the bucks still stops at his table).
he should have competent professionals in
finance
technical
marketing
operations
and planning, development  & other departments.

my question is what have they been doing

@AMIGOES,

What they've been doing?  see below,

Busy chasing viewing centers around
Busy upgrading their decoder to pop up smart card no from viewing center to be able to diactivate the card, they invested a lot in this software
Busy doing court cases with CTL & musician asso
Busy increasing subscription fee from 3.5k to 6k
Busy paying urfriend for media relation
As in busy getting themselves busy on secondary issues,
It's absolutely poor managerial skill,

Kennis music, mohit are one of the leading recor lable, they should try and invade alaba, arrest the boys and let's wait if the label will last the next few months,

Piracy, rights, contents etc are not what individual can fight in Nigeria, the govt need to come in and a lot of factors are also into play here, Apart from this am sure Subair must have step on toes here, 'cos everything is politics in Nigeria, CTL is not owned by ordinary Ibo bizman, they are been backed by godfathers who may be position to stop the bank guarantee required for the EPL,

See i no fit cry for dem jare, me too dey try strategies for my future grin grin cheesy
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by amigoes(m): 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ solo

nicely put, urs should be titled

'how not to run a pay tv station'

Busy chasing viewing centers around
Busy upgrading their decoder to pop up smart card no from viewing center to be able to diactivate the card, they invested a lot in this software
Busy doing court cases with CTL & musician asso
Busy increasing subscription fee from 3.5k to 6k
Busy paying urfriend for media relation
As in busy getting themselves busy on secondary issues.

hope they will learn fast.
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by GeorgeD1(m): 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2010
solong,
that was rather well put. any business that leaves its core areas and starts chasing shadows is bound to suffer the same fate like hitv!
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by ALEXIS001: 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2010
na now day break??
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by Jencejyde(m): 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2010
again how sad to hear that HITV who was proving to be DSTV's closest competitor is now having to negotiate, (really sad)
So all the gra,gra has ended and now its all about just keeping your operating cost equal to selling price,

As a Nigerian, i really feel sad, but why don't we always strive to do things the way it should be done? why?
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by dollypi(m): 9:24pm On Aug 11, 2010
Look all over the country. It's the same way with a lot of Nigerian run businesses.

They abuse and insult the long-suffering Nigerian customer until the customer either gives up on them, or the competition moves in swiftly .

THEN, when the business starts hemorrhaging money and goodwill, the management will start pointing fingers, slashing salaries and sacking staff.

There are so many companies and CEOs in this situation right now.
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by 5p1naz(m): 10:13pm On Aug 11, 2010
hahahahahahahhaghahahaha they nid to get their sh1ts together. . . . . . . . . stup1d pipl. . . . . . . . .
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by SSaemoenl(m): 12:40am On Aug 12, 2010
So sorry that they lost out, but all the same, U subscribers to take heart and manage the little offer. Patronizes MADE IN NIGERIA Product, OUR ECONOMY will GROW and jobs will dey kempe. HITV is OURS though am not in Naija to stand by them. I know the gains of patronizing your products. Viva Naija. I do Believe that one day we must get there! grin
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by Kilode1: 12:56am On Aug 12, 2010
Gotta love competition grin
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 12, 2010
hitv, good morning
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by agitator: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2010
Watch out for Nigerian independence golden jubilee celebrations, DSTV go run bonanza to celebrate with nigerians and put the final nail to HiTV.

solo1ng1:

That is why paytv jostle  for viewing rights, even if its just one match/week, HITV are negotiating that with dstv now (what an irony),

DSTV should charge them N9K/subscriber same way they wanted to charge the cable operators N3.5k/subscriber just to show ONLY the EPL.

really "WHAT AN IRONY"
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by solo1ng1: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2010
agitator:

Watch out for Nigerian independence golden jubilee celebrations, DSTV go run bonanza to celebrate with nigerians and put the final nail to HiTV.

DSTV should charge them N9K/subscriber HAHHAHAHAHA, i no go die oooo tongue i trust dsthief, dem no go gree at all, unless dem go pay like normal subscriber, Do u think dsthief got the right as seen on papers, bros, a lot of politics don happen, Adewunmi Ogunsanya is the chairman of multichoice nigeria (also V/Chairman of midas merchant bank), he can use his banking connection to twart hitv bank guarantee, u know how niger bizmen operate,

same way they wanted to charge the cable operators N3.5k/subscriber just to show ONLY the EPL. Yoruba pple don tailk am say, Eni to ba d omi titu si iwaju, dandan ni ki o te ile tutu, grin grin

really "WHAT AN IRONY"
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by solo1ng1: 10:11am On Aug 12, 2010
agitator:

DSTV should charge them N9K/subscriber HAHHAHAHAHA, i no go die oooo tongue i trust dsthief, dem no go gree at all, unless dem go pay like normal subscriber, Do u think dsthief got the right as seen on papers, bros, a lot of politics don happen, Adewunmi Ogunsanya is the chairman of multichoice nigeria (also V/Chairman of midas merchant bank), he can use his banking connection to twart hitv bank guarantee, u know how niger bizmen operate,

same way they wanted to charge the cable operators N3.5k/subscriber just to show ONLY the EPL. Yoruba pple don tailk am say, Eni to ba d omi titu si iwaju, dandan ni ki o te ile tutu, grin grin

really "WHAT AN IRONY"
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by Jencejyde(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2010
dollypi:

Look all over the country. It's the same way with a lot of Nigerian run businesses.

They abuse and insult the long-suffering Nigerian customer until the customer either gives up on them, or the competition moves in swiftly .

THEN, when the business starts hemorrhaging money and goodwill, the management will start pointing fingers, slashing salaries and sacking staff.

There are so many companies and CEOs in this situation right now.

Very True!

Kilode?!:

Gotta love competition grin
hmmm capitalism at it's best.

SSaemoenl:

So sorry that they lost out, but all the same, U subscribers to take heart and manage the little offer. Patronizes MADE IN NIGERIA Product, OUR ECONOMY will GROW and jobs will dey kempe. HITV is OURS though am not in Naija to stand by them. I know the gains of patronizing your products. Viva Naija. I do Believe that one day we must get there! grin
If the products are good, surely we will, afterall we wear aso-oke, ankara and woodeen nah.
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by Kx: 10:45am On Aug 12, 2010
what goes around, comes around
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by GeorgeD1(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2010
ALEXIS 001:

na now day break??

yes oooo! e be like say hitv day just dey break ooo! grin
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by chelseabmw(m): 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2010
I pity Hitv. . . . .I feel like crying for them now
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by twinskenny(m): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2010
George_D:

yes oooo! e be like say hitv day just dey break ooo! grin

lol funny
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by olason(m): 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2010
all, the chicken has come to ruse like they use to say. HITV had all the chances in the world to improve themselves with quality programming content but instead they concentrated there energy on chasing viewing centres and the rest 4gething that anoda round of bidding for the EPL was jus round the corner. In as much as I love my country i will never settle for less in terms of quality SERVICE delivery. if the so called outsiders can deliver then let the party begins.
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by GeorgeD1(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2010
olason,
their chickens have certainly come to roost. there was this guy here called urfriend who was always defending hitv when members were crying out against their wrong business model of only football. funny though that he has been silent up till now. i guess he's too miffed for words! grin
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by femibod: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2010
Toyin was probably under intense pressure from his bankers and he couldn't be particularly nice to his customers. Every one cannot be a guru like Mike Adenuga. Much as I agree that he should probably had been more sympathetic to his customers we have to give him kudos. He tried and I wish him the very best with Hitv.
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by GeorgeD1(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2010
are we rewarding effort now? i thought people are rewarded for their results?
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by solo1ng1: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2010
femibod:

Toyin was probably under intense pressure from his bankers and he couldn't be particularly nice to his customers. Every one cannot be a guru like Mike Adenuga. Much as I agree that he should probably had been more sympathetic to his customers we have to give him kudos. He tried and I wish him the very best with Hitv.

Thanks George, i've been trying to understand the statement since morning,
Then Kaita, Yakubus and the entire super eagles suppose to be praised now, at least dem try qualify for Wcup, what of ireland, togo etc who no qualify or great france wey no pas group stage too?

Eni ti o ba fi ori ti de opin ni ao gbala,
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by agitator: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
femibod:

Much as I agree that he should probably had been more sympathetic to his customers we have to give him kudos. He tried and I wish him the very best with Hitv.

this one don pass lizard own no be small grin grin
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by Lov4sat(m): 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2010
HI TV never start na d beginning be dis
Re: Too Little Too Late? Hitv Slashes Rates! by GeorgeD1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2010
i think he's already learning the hard way. somebody should write a book on how not to run a paytv company-the hitv way!  grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ovhd Decoder Activation / GOTV Is Scam!!! / My Gotv Is Taking Much Time To Load Than B4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.