Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget (2033 Views)

2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others / A Breakdown Of Nigeria’s 2016 Budget / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget by Alxmyr(m): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
The Senate has approved the N87.721 Billion budget of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for voters rgistration and conduct of 2011 elections. The budget was forwarded to the Senate by the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and presented on the floor of the Senate for quick paasage.
In a report read by the Chairman Senate Committee on Appropriation, Iyiola Omisore, the committee reviewed the budget which was earlier put at N 89.59 Billion was reviewed downward to N 87.721 Billion thus saving about N2 Billion.
INEC Budget Breakdown
Voters Education and voters register display cost N222 Million
Operations- Personnel cost and registration of voters cost N10.8 Billion
Training of personnel will cost N502.6 Million
Logistics and transport will gulp N3.669 Billion
Voter Registry costs N10.36 million
Review voter register will gulp N5.449 Billion
Logistics requirement for 2011 elections N2.03 Billion
Voter registry requirement for 2011 N 268 million
Operation requirement for 2011 elections N470 million
Finance and account N1.246 million
Year 2010 bye elections N700 million
Servicom 155.5 million
Electoral Haard allowance N64.78 million
Hotel accomodation for political appointees; N222 million
Ballot boxes; N3 Billion
Utility vehicles; N4 Billion
ICT- Voter registration system and solution 54.911 Billion

http://www.thegavelnews.net/senate-approves-n-billion-inec-budget-p151-68.htm
Re: Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget by gozzilla(m): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2010
Damn 54 billion for voter registration system and solution (The name should justify the amount right?)
Re: Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^^ I hope you will also apply the "LESS IS MORE" mentality here as well if this does not turn out as well as stated. Cause it would only show you a hypocrite if you are not willing to submit to less across the board.
Re: Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget by paddylo1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
one proviso they should have attached to this budget is that majority of the items should be sourced from Nigeria

Things like logistics buses and cars should be sourced from innosson Nnewi and PAN Kaduna

It software could be sourced from local IT firms and so on. . .that way it becomes a stimulus for the local economy
cool
Re: Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget by gozzilla(m): 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Kobo "less is more mentality" who ever needs that. My mentality is more. I have more than enough, i am more than enough. I know it. You see but this world ainn''t all about me. Its about the people i need to understand. The situation i need to understand to keep my sanity. I am not trying to tolerate them, hell no, just understanding them. Howbeit i might look ignorant at times but Its the only way to be the best in the world, remember not what your nation can do for you, what you can do for the nation. What can i do with the mess, now what is this mess (a better way of saying what this mess can do for me)

My reply on this thread is what it is, the cost does not justify the solution.
Re: Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget by gozzilla(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2010
paddy_lo:

one proviso they should have attached to this budget is that majority of the items should be sourced from Nigeria

Things like logistics buses and cars should be sourced from innosson Nnewi and PAN Kaduna

It software could be sourced from local IT firms and so on. . .that way it becomes a stimulus for the local economy
cool

That is the thing. The only way to stimulate an economy is to "protect it". Insist on locally made. Where they are not good enough insist on local content or something. But ensure the economy and the workforce gains from any project.
Re: Breakdown Of Inec N87.7 Billion Budget by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2010
gozzilla:

@Kobo "less is more mentality" who ever needs that. My mentality is more. I have more than enough, i am more than enough. I know it. You see but this world ainn''t all about me. Its about the people i need to understand. The situation i need to understand to keep my sanity. I am not trying to tolerate them, hell no, just understanding them. Howbeit i might look ignorant at times but Its the only way to be the best in the world, remember not what your nation can do for you, what you can do for the nation. What can i do with the mess, now what is this mess (a better way of saying what this mess can do for me)

My reply on this thread is what it is, the cost does not justify the solution.

Well, again, when you tell people that it is Ok for spend $600 million to get that which is worth about $10 million, and they should rejoice in it, I say that is the "less is more" mentality and that is what you have offered on other threads and I expect you, in the spirit of consistency to offer even here.

(1) (Reply)

Rationalisation: Fg Approves N130bn For Phcn Workers’ Benefits ! / Mess With A Ghanaian Mans Gurl And Catch 30 Hot Slugs To The Butt / Shocker: President Goodluck Shunned YarAduas Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.