Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

On Pain And Enduring - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / On Pain And Enduring (503 Views)

Pandemic Affair- A Story Of Struggle, Pain And Love / The Effectiveness Of Physiotherapy Interventions On Pain And Quality Of Life In / Empathy, Pain And Grieving With Those Who Grieve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Pain And Enduring by Akukom: 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
So I got a perspective today on pain and the capacity to endure it. This illumination came when I jammed my finger on the door to my boss’s office. I was walking into the office and as a true professional, I closed the door behind me without turning around(they tell us these things in interview tips….lol). That was when I felt the pain on my thumb. Those of you that have experienced this can relate right now and some might even recollect the pain( I know cos I can recollect while typing this).

As a typical Nigerian ‘aje butter’ girl, I said “ouch” and shook my whole hand. The normal ‘eyah sorry’ and ‘take care of you’ followed, but since I was not dead, the meeting I went in for has to happen abi?

Anyway, I noticed that during the meeting even though I was in pain, I was not worried. Then ‘the illumination’! I was not worried because I knew the intensity of the pain will gradually reduce and that by end of the day, I would not feel this pain as strongly as I felt it now and that it will be gone by the next day.

This got me thinking, what if we knew how the other pains in our life will pan out? What if we knew that the pains we feel in our lives (emotional, physical, mental, financial etc) will go eventually and that we will be free? Will that make us more capable of enduring it?

I think it will.

So I got to wondering, how do we access this confidence that the pain will go eventually? I could only come up with two ways……..believing in God’s promises to us and seeing examples of others who went through the same or similar.. Continue:https://akukom.com/on-pain-and-enduring/

SOurce: [url]Akukom.com[/url]
Re: On Pain And Enduring by plice01: 10:24am On Jan 09, 2019
Akukom:
So I got a perspective today on pain and the capacity to endure it. This illumination came when I jammed my finger on the door to my boss’s office. I was walking into the office and as a true professional, I closed the door behind me without turning around(they tell us these things in interview tips….lol). That was when I felt the pain on my thumb. Those of you that have experienced this can relate right now and some might even recollect the pain( I know cos I can recollect while typing this).

As a typical Nigerian ‘aje butter’ girl, I said “ouch” and shook my whole hand. The normal ‘eyah sorry’ and ‘take care of you’ followed, but since I was not dead, the meeting I went in for has to happen abi?

Anyway, I noticed that during the meeting even though I was in pain, I was not worried. Then ‘the illumination’! I was not worried because I knew the intensity of the pain will gradually reduce and that by end of the day, I would not feel this pain as strongly as I felt it now and that it will be gone by the next day.

This got me thinking, what if we knew how the other pains in our life will pan out? What if we knew that the pains we feel in our lives (emotional, physical, mental, financial etc) will go eventually and that we will be free? Will that make us more capable of enduring it?

I think it will.

So I got to wondering, how do we access this confidence that the pain will go eventually? I could only come up with two ways……..believing in God’s promises to us and seeing examples of others who went through the same or similar.. Continue:https://akukom.com/on-pain-and-enduring/

SOurce: [url]Akukom.com[/url]
I remember when this happened to me. embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Sing Me A Bus Song. / Room 504. Universal Hotel Enugu / Rape Allegation: Igwilo Defends Bayo Adebowale, Calls Sahara Reporters, Monkey.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.