Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,863 members, 7,828,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP (1027 Views)

Security Chiefs, IGP Shun Reps Invitation, House Rejects Representatives / Sowore Reveal Why Tinubu Gave Sacked Service Chiefs Luxurious Retirement Package / After Buhari Give Us Peter Obi, Northerners Sing, Dance(Watch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by Gossipninja: 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2019
President Buhari has given reasons why he has not changed the service chiefs.
Buhari in an interview on Arise TV Monday night said that “the head has to be very careful on removal of the service chiefs because you don’t know the ambition of the ones coming up.”

During the live interview, he was heard saying that
“He didn’t know them on a personal basis, I followed records and thought I picked the best then, of course, their performance may be disappointing but I accept responsibility for not changing them. My reason is based on my own experience.”
Watch Video HERE

Source:
https://zenithnaija.com/president-buhari-give-reasons-why-he-hasnt-sacked-service-chiefs-igp/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by shakmati(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
What sin did we commit to have a president like this? undecided

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by olajizz01(m): 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
After all,many Nigerian presidents have extended the terms of service chief before,

Your reason is very valid esp.when election is about days to hold,so, no big deal.
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by rejoice4eva(m): 12:19am On Jan 09, 2019
What a pity!!!! Nigeria, who did this to you! Who did you offend ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by bamirotola: 12:30am On Jan 09, 2019
This country is on d verge of extinction

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by nickxtra(m): 1:40am On Jan 09, 2019
Fear of being overthrown. Buhari learnt his lessons from the action of Babangida and co in 1985

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by MrAJQ(m): 1:46am On Jan 09, 2019
Buhari that has sense
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:16am On Jan 09, 2019
shakmati:
Did you even watch to listen critically to his reason?
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by Auladimeji1: 2:35am On Jan 09, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:

Did you even watch to listen critically to his reason?
The bastard doesn't Even have MB

Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by Xander85: 5:04am On Jan 09, 2019
Did anyone see the reason? Still looking for it! undecided

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by Xander85: 5:07am On Jan 09, 2019
nickxtra:
Dear of being overthrown. Buhari learnt his lessons from the action of Babangida and co in 1985

In other words, he's placing his own selfish interest above that of the country he presides over?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by allthingsgood: 5:09am On Jan 09, 2019
shakmati:

Please keep quiet
No room for looters. We're not going back to demonic pdp
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by danot1030: 5:14am On Jan 09, 2019
Buhari also hinted that the Peoples Democratic Party might have a hand in the rising insecurity as the opposition party had looted the nation’s resources and had the means to do anything to discredit his government.

He said, “I am not defending our lack of security but you know after 16 years of the PDP, with the resources I have just mentioned to you, they had enormous resources at their disposal and they will do anything to use the resources at their disposal to discredit this administration.”

I equally have this insinuation because the way pdp members are excited about the violences happening across the country and the way they are using it campaign against Buhari left reason for suspicious of their sponsorship of the violence.
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by danot1030: 5:17am On Jan 09, 2019
He dismissed the suggestions that his government marginalised Igbo people.

Buhari said, “Somebody made an observation that I was not patronising the Igbo from the South-East. I told him that when I won the election, I studied the amount of votes I got from all the geopolitical zones.

“I said I got 198,000 from the whole of the South-East, which virtually any local government can give me. But I appointed ministers of foreign affairs, labour, industries and investment, mines and technology; these four, I never knew them from Adam. Ministers of state from seven states of the North are under these ministers. How fair do you want me to be?”

Baba please remind them of their electoral contribution to the present government coming to be should be in case they forget. This is where the Yorubas are different, they won't care whether you give them anything if they didn't contribute to your success but the Igbos will want to reap where they did not sow. Buhari should not even worry himself over them, they have always been known for lamenting marginalization even when they are eating the largest portion.
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by GoodofNaija: 5:22am On Jan 09, 2019
Typical excuse of a failure grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by danot1030: 5:26am On Jan 09, 2019
He challenged the media to expose his wife, Aisha, or his son, Yusuf, if they were found to have benefitted from government deals.

The President said, “It is a very unfair allegation against my integrity. I don’t think… anyway you are in a position to find out and if you do so, I don’t care. Publish it even if my son or my wife has a company or they are involved in deals with customs and excise and so on, bringing in illegal goods or whatever; I challenge you to do that.”

Haters will turn cowards now.
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by danot1030: 5:27am On Jan 09, 2019
On the former Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswill Akpabio, whose N100bn probe went silent after he joined the All Progressives Congress last year, Buhari said he wasn’t aware of the development.

He said, “I don’t think Akpabio, when he moved to the APC, that I said he should be left alone. I cannot remember asking the EFCC, the ICPC, the police or anybody to spare any corrupt person or incompetent person.

“I haven’t done it and I challenge you to expose any such thing.”

Haters over to you again this another challenge.
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by NobleAngell(f): 6:40am On Jan 09, 2019
Feel free to say what you want and do what you want, that's the way it had always been. But we all know the truth.
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by Sonoyom(m): 6:44am On Jan 09, 2019
16 years of PDP is APshit major achievement
Re: President Buhari Give Reasons Why He Hasn't Sacked Service Chiefs & IGP by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:56am On Jan 09, 2019
IF YOU SACK YOUR SLAVE IGP UNCLE, YOU KNOW IT'S FINISHED FOR APC

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pictures PDP Rally Campaign From Takai Local Government, Kano / CJN Onnoghen Biography: Age, Education, Career And Everything You Need To Know / Meet Aliyu Bin Abbas; A Very Important Factor In Atiku’s Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.