Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

I Am Not Protecting Akpabio From Prosecution By EFCC – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Protecting Akpabio From Prosecution By EFCC – Buhari (338 Views)

EFCC: Buhari Names Abdulrasheed Bawa To Replace Magu / Diezani’s Dominican Republic diplomatic passport protecting her from prosecution / How Saraki Stopped Akpabio From Speaking At The Senate (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Protecting Akpabio From Prosecution By EFCC – Buhari by Upritman(m): 2:57am On Jan 09, 2019
Suanu's Blog

President Muhammadu Buhari has denied insinuations going round that he is protecting some corrupt politicians including Senator Godswill Akpabio from being prosecuted by the anti-graft agencies.

Suanu’s Blog recalls that Akpabio, who is the immediate past governor of Akwa Ibom State was alleged to have stolen N100bn belonging to the state during his tenure; a case that the EFCC has shown little interest in prosecuting diligently. Some Nigerians alleged that with the defection of Senator Akpabio to the APC from PDP, the EFCC may have been forced into giving up on the matter.

However, President Buhari in an interview with Arise TV described as unfair allegations that he was protecting some corrupt persons in his government while he was going after those in the opposition.

The President said he had formed the habit of following due process since his ouster as head of state in 1985 when he was fighting corruption through rash methods.

He said, “I don’t think Akpabio, when he moved to the APC, that I said he should be left alone. I cannot remember asking the EFCC, the ICPC, the police or anybody to spare any corrupt person or incompetent person.

“I haven’t done it and I challenge you to expose any.”

(C) http://www.suanusblog.com/2019/01/i-am-not-protecting-akpabio-from.html

Re: I Am Not Protecting Akpabio From Prosecution By EFCC – Buhari by socialmediaman: 2:58am On Jan 09, 2019
Re: I Am Not Protecting Akpabio From Prosecution By EFCC – Buhari by ceejayMAX(m): 3:03am On Jan 09, 2019
Lier,what about Gandollar and uduaghan.I think you need slap to reset this ur brain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Protecting Akpabio From Prosecution By EFCC – Buhari by Disclaimer: 4:09am On Jan 09, 2019
Right, you are not protecting but PREVENTING....time will tell.
Re: I Am Not Protecting Akpabio From Prosecution By EFCC – Buhari by Inspectorsuga22(m): 4:35am On Jan 09, 2019
No na me dey protect am from EFCC...Lie Mohammed have really trained u well...na better thunder go fry that ur yeye ear wey amechi talk say u no dey use hear word....mumu corrupt nincompoop of a president
Re: I Am Not Protecting Akpabio From Prosecution By EFCC – Buhari by Samueletim: 7:48am On Jan 09, 2019
It's a lie am from akwa Ibom state and he, (akpabio) should be arrested for the crime he did if you need my vote undecided embarassed kiss undecided

(1) (Reply)

Apc - Pdp: Caption This Photo / Open Letter To The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC / Newsjust In: Fg Directs Cjn Onnoghen To Resign, For Arraignment Before Cctpu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.