Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand (426 Views)

Governors To Buhari: Sack Workers Aged 50yrs, Levy Anyone Earning Over N30,000 / FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand by khalifjgusau(m): 10:34am On Jan 09, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has said the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) wants to force his government to print more money to meet their demands.

He narrated the situation using the parable of a mad woman.

Speaking in an interview with Arise TV, Buhari asked the NLC how they expect his government and state governors to get N30,000 minimum wage, considering the struggle to pay N18,000.

“I have just mentioned how much this country was earning between 1999 and 2014, but there are states that were not paying salaries.

“We had to do what you call bailout twice and then paid Paris Club and whatever it is, up till now there are states that for six months are not paying one kobo.

“So, when the recruited labour wanted salaries to be increased, I had to relapse into my culture, Hausa culture, and told them about a mad woman; she went to make firewood, she made firewood, she tied it, once she couldn’t carry it because it was too heavy, she increased it instead of reducing.

“When they can’t pay the basic salary of N18,000 per month, they say it should go to N30,000. My budget presentation was no secret, I read it all out. Where do we get the money?

“Do we print more currency? If you do it, you cannot control inflation, but if we have to stay in government, they would force us to print more money, let everybody be a millionaire,” Buhari said.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2019/01/08/new-minimum-wage-buhari-compares-nlc-mad-woman-n30000-demand/

Re: Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand by alsudan: 10:36am On Jan 09, 2019
If this wicked dullard can insult Nigerians with reckless abandon one month before the elections, then Nigerians should imagine what will happen if this inhuman ever won the reelection.

Any Nigerian worker that votes the Lifeless is truly MAD.
Re: Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand by Toks2008(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2019
This is how the media twist stories to appear as if the present Government is uncaring. Please stop the baseless and malicious topics you give to seemingly innocuous stances.

Is there no sense in what he said?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand by Dujardin(m): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2019
How did we get to this point where lawmakers collect exuberant sum as salary and hardworking citizens are told #30,000 is too much for them to get as salary?

Maybe that minister was right with the hopeless talk.

Let us just split and everyone rebuild.
Re: Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 09, 2019
Re: Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand by Rajman45(m): 10:51am On Jan 09, 2019
Na so 9ja journalist sabi twist headline with yeye cover post to take sale market. Na only una waka cum
Re: Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand by ashacot: 10:54am On Jan 09, 2019
rubbish title
Re: Minimum Wage: Buhari Compares NLC With Mad Woman Over N30,000 Demand by dunkem21(m): 10:54am On Jan 09, 2019
grin He is now calling our NLC 'mad women' cheesy

..Called Ministers, THIEVES* shocked

..and Nigerians, LAZY! grin

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Imo State University On Fire - Photos / Onnoghen: Niger Delta Militants Blow Hot, Reveal What’ll Happen To Nigeria If Bu / Why I Think TradeMoni is Vote Buying and Not Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.