₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,160,938 members, 4,707,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 January 2019 at 04:06 PM

Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog (211 Views)

Please I Need Monetization Ideas For My Blog / Please Help: My Blog Does Not Show On Desktop But Shows On Mobile Phone / How Can I Make My Blog To Show On Opera Mini News Feed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by Hafeexla(m): 12:19pm On Jan 09
Am a newbie to blogging, i want to start it these year but am still confused on the difference btw host platform and domain platform.

Secondly, I want to use wordpress but i don't know how much i might spend !
Re: Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by Messy55: 12:32pm On Jan 09
I can help you I own a company in yaba we deal in I.t related stuffs call me 07010637962
Re: Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by Hafeexla(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09
Messy55:
I can help you I own a company in yaba we deal in I.t related stuffs call me 07010637962
Ok, can i get a sample of your work so far
Re: Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by kenniefawole(m): 1:01pm On Jan 09
Hafeexla:
Am a newbie to blogging, i want to start it these year but am still confused on the difference btw host platform and domain platform.

My name is kenniefawole , am not just a web designer but also an internet & Business strategist ,
https://www.nairaland.com/4161635/drop-ur-blog-url-get
Blogging is of-course one of the most profitable business , regardless of how bad the economy is or high recession , people still visit the internet/blogs to get information unlike other business which recession affects .The most interesting facts is that bloggers are paid in Currency that worth more compare to naira i,e (dollars ,pounds & Euro) You of course know what that means & you can make blogging a part time investment , it necessary does not require you quitting your present job for ..
Interested in blogging this tips might help
The three most important things you need to do is
Get a domain & buy a WordPress host , Get your design ,get a Google AdSense account and start earning . Remember all you need to do is draw out a layout containing good ideas that would help your blog , WhatsApp me 08060264938 let discuss better . you can check out my thread https://www.nairaland.com/4161635/drop-ur-blog-url-get/
it might really help to gather ideas
the real truth is blogging is easy and profitable but only the wise can make good use of this opportunity, ,most of people just do not blog the way it should be done .let me give instances
1) Everyone go into entertainment niche and start to copy and paste
2) most blogger uses free host or bad host with more 12hours downtime in a day
3) every time , I go online I see people asking for popular blog templates ,why can you not be creative
4) many people do not want to spend into blogging yet want to receive big income
5) The rule of blogging ,whatever you put in you get back
6) Op ,all you need is advice ,research and ideas .do not just blog the way others had being doing
you might check my thread for some good tips.
7) For you to earn you must be ready to Spend, What Nigeria find most interesting is giveaways .. Call or whstsapp me on 08060264938 i have some ideas to boost your adsense earning as well give you a good overview on what to do
Re: Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by bladeshakers: 1:02pm On Jan 09
Hafeexla:

It is really easy to build a blog, just follow along.

First the difference BTW domain name and hosting.

Domain name is the unique name used to identify your blog on the internet. Think Facebook.com nairaland.com.

You can think of web hosting as the space where all your blog files (images, source code, database) will be stored.

To build a WordPress blog you will need both a domain name and a web host.

Most web hosting companies offer domain name registration and one-click WordPress installation.

As for costs, Whogohost sells .com
ng domains for 1,250 and its cheapest hosting is 4000/yr.

So you can run your blog for as little as 5,250 a year.

To install WordPress, just purchase domain and hosting from your chosen provider. Login to the cpanel with the details provided to you. Scroll till you see the WordPress install button, click and fill out your blog details on the screen that follows and hit install.

After installation, you can then login to your WordPress dashboard.

Things you need to do next:

Install a theme - you can get a good free theme from colorlib.com or buy one from themeforest.com. Installing a theme is dead simple, just to the themes page from your dashboard and upload the theme you just downloaded.

You should also install some essential plugins. Go to the plugins page, search for the following plugins and install.

Yoast Seo - helps you do on page Seo effortlessly.

Ninja Forms - helps you build a contact page with drag and drop.

Wordfence - helps secure your sight.

W3Cache - makes your blog faster.

After that you then begin dishing out your blog posts.
Re: Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by etoluw: 2:18pm On Jan 09
Hafeexla:

d guy above has explained everything

but d cheapest is to buy ur domain from qservers(#1000) only and buy hosting from globalhosting247 (#2250)

total #3250

wordpress is free and there are a lot of free
themes available online

i normally do not advice you do d one click installation

1 Like

Re: Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by Melodycomng: 8:13pm On Jan 09
Once you setup your blog, work on backlink..

Check my signature and thank me later
Re: Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by melanch(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09
Contact me...a website not that's not seo-optimised is going to break a rock to hit its peak.
Contact me...lets talk
Re: Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by hostkobo(m): 4:23pm On Jan 10
Hafeexla:

Hi,

New blogger, welcome.

I will register a domain of your choice for you
I will provide your premium hosting account
I will install wordpress, and setup your blog
I will also provide 1-year support, both for technicalities, and for getting you up to speed, in blogosphere.
All at an affordable price

msg me on whatsapp.
my # is in my signature
regards
HK
Re: Help Me, I Want To Start My Blog by excanny: 9:57pm On Jan 10

(1) (Reply)

My Graph Card Account / Blackberry Tribe - Pls Review / You Can Now Make Payment With Facebook Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.