Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,791 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Noisy? By Iniobong Umoh - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Nigerians So Noisy? By Iniobong Umoh (227 Views)

Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion / Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom / Nigerian At Virginia State University Calls Cops For Noisy Roommates - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians So Noisy? By Iniobong Umoh by sabiarea: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
[img]https://2.bp..com/-8NdiJHbxhc4/W-rf3c_iAXI/AAAAAAAAAkA/jCixg4iBhukm1sVMWFCFEnA3WkcbYxzIQCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/IMG-20171216-WA0055.jpg[/img]

The reason we decided to put this up is quite simple...to get your take on the noise situation in Nigeria, on our streets and tell us the way forward, if any?

Iniobong Umoh: Why Are Nigerians So Noisy?

It is difficult living in Nigeria if you are a person who dislikes noise. From my observation, a majority of Nigerians are just noisy and loud. Being noisy is ingrained in our DNA.

You can’t escape the noise in Nigeria, it follows you everywhere you go.

I had an argument with the driver of the bus I boarded last night over the volume of music playing in the bus. I requested that he reduce the volume of music. I was tired and having a headache while Lil’ Kesh was blasting at full volume on the stereo. He was miffed at my suggestion and responded rudely, but I finally got him to turn down the volume.

We have normalized noise in Nigeria, it reflects on our aggressive behaviour. It has a psychological effect on us. Have you noticed that everyone seems to be angry in Nigeria? People flare up at the slightest provocation.

To alight from a commercial vehicle, you either have to shout to the driver or you hit the vehicle before the driver stops for you to alight.

Hanging out at joints, bars, clubs and other public spaces is a nightmare. The music is always at the highest decibel, you have to shout to be heard. People can’t hold normal conversations in such places. It could be amusing watching them sitting at a table shouting at each other...read more here:https://www.sabiarea.com.ng/2019/01/why-are-nigerians-so-noisy-by-iniobong.html

Source:https://www.sabiarea.com.ng/
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Noisy? By Iniobong Umoh by hisgrace090: 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
Instead of enjoying, you endure nigeria.

To stay in Nigeria you must learn to endure.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Noisy? By Iniobong Umoh by sabiarea: 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
SO living in naija be like endurance trek during NYSC...lol

(1) (Reply)

10 Powerful Reasons To Study Online In 2019(online Study Platform Included ) / ASUU Rejects Federal Government Offers / A Door Leading To An Everlasting Happy Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.