Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b (30207 Views)

Naira Gain Against U.S Dollar Boosts Dangote’s Wealth To $15.3 Billion / Dangote’s Wealth Surges By $1.3 Billion In Three Weeks, Nears Senegal’s GDP / CBN Plans Fresh Banks’ Recapitalisation As Capital Base Weakens By $3.5bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by davodyguy: 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
dukeprince50:
let me give you a secret, but if u must mention, do not insult, i just felt like teaching you. cars are not assets, the house you live in is not an asset, they are all liabilities. ponder on this.
Lol.

In financial world, they're assets and not liabilities. We are talk professional here and not some sentimental feelings. I'm a certified Appraiser and Chartered Valuer by profession. Learn from professionals in public forum.

Have you seen a Balance Sheet before or audited financial statement of any publicly quoted company? If you've not, run a search on the internet to educate yourself.

We have Tangible and intangible assets

Tangible are the assets you can touch like cars, houses, machines, aircrafts etc, intangible are Goodwill, Patent, Trade Mark, intellectual property.

Enough, before I render free service

3 Likes

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
thebosstrevor:
anybody that believes this Forbes nonsense is dumb

which billionaire on earth will tell you how much they are really worth if they let the world know their real wealth, do you know how many tax collectors will start knocking at their door

the Forbes list is just for your entertainment and argument, it is nothing more than that.

There is something called research. You can't just dismiss the output of a company that has over 1000 employees who resume at work everyday with a mandate to research wealth of people.

Not 100% accurate, yes; but to be dismissed, nah. Forbes is still the world's authority on wealth tracking.

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2019
Aderewah:
Where's davido's father now?? cry

People be using the word billionaire anyhow in this country. Shebi you hear now. There are only four billionaires in the country. I don't think davido's father is worth more than $200m
u get job so? Out of 200m ppl wey day dis country Na 1 person Papa u c bring comot. Envy no go kill una.
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Ellie01: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2019
Chizuru01:
Dangote never made money through oil blocks. I respect him for that.

But, I respect Igbo People the more for making him rich. If not for massive development in the South that requires Cement, he wouldn't have made it to Forbes. hungry Alamajiri wey never chop, na house e go build ?

This is a daft assessment of the reality.

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Ellie01: 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
greatface:
Inspite of what the current government of apc/buhari will want us believe about economy booming under thier watch, i never believed them and here it is reflecting in dangote's wealth.

True, because not many people r building
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
Jarus:

There is something called research. You can't just dismiss the output of a company that has over 1000 employees who resume at work everyday with a mandate to research wealth of people.

Not 100% accurate, yes; but to be dismissed, nah. Forbes is still the world's authority on wealth tracking.

which research? are they a research company or a media company

forbes is a media company selling sensational business news to people. most of their billionaires' list are just estimate which they got by using publicly disclosed data.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Dirkcoyt: 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
The bull

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by MrRush(m): 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2019
Chizuru01:

But, I respect Igbo People the more for making him rich. If not for massive development in the South that requires Cement, he wouldn't have made it to Forbes. hungry Alamajiri wey never chop, na house e go build ?
I don’t know who this person is ! But am 100% sure he doesn’t even have a land talkless of building a house !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by BluntBoy(m): 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
greatface:
Inspite of what the current government of apc/buhari will want us believe about economy booming under thier watch, i never believed them and here it is reflecting in dangote's wealth.

Billionaires' wealth take a dip for many reasons. Even Bill Gates sometimes take a dip and lose his position at the top of the Forbes list.

Most of the time, it is always due to heavy investments.

Stop looking for every opportunity to blame Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Lothario(m): 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2019
kolaxed98:

Just tell us you are here to spill your same nonsense.

As an Igbo man, u read the news, saw no Igbo man there, got jealous.

Mtcheww

This doesn't change the fact that dangote adenuga alakija are richer than any Igbo men dead or alive and your entire Igbo generation.

Cursed jealous ppl.
Una too make noise grin when it comes to money we Igbos no dey join the group argument forget forbes magazine na individual dey benefit no be tribe if you're smart you will understand

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by greatface(m): 11:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
BluntBoy:

Billionaires' wealth take a dip for many reasons. Even Bill Gates sometimes take a dip and lose his position at the top of the Forbes list.

Most of the time, it is always due to heavy investments.

Stop looking for every opportunity to blame Buhari.
You seem not to know that their wealth are measured with investments joined.

Take the advice by not trying every opportunity to canonize buhari.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by BluntBoy(m): 12:03am On Jan 10, 2019
greatface:
You seem not to know that their wealth are measured with investments joined.

Take the advice by not trying every opportunity to canonize buhari.

Really?

So, you mean to tell me that Dangote's wealth is measured with amounts invested in his refinery that is yet to open?

How would you measure money thrown into the business that has not begun to yield?
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by CodeTemplar: 12:07am On Jan 10, 2019
Ugosample:

that guy you are quoting is right

Dangote joined the oil party VERY LATE

Dangote Cement plus Sugar contributed a huge chunk to his wealth
With the support level from govt he is an artificial billionaire.
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by saajus: 12:11am On Jan 10, 2019
Dangote got many oil blocks from Babaginda. Go and read about how he made his wealth. Most of our wealthy people in Nigeria are not that smart. They didn't create anything. They invented nothing. If a fool got oil block, he will become a billionaire. Just find a foreign company, lease it to them and watch ur bank account. If the dullest man in the world got a sole importation right for rice, he will become a Billionaire. I have zero respect for all those Naija Billionaires. Do you know how many people Dangote trucks have killed. Dangote killed Nigeria Railways so that his trucking biz can thrive. Dangote has lot of blood in his hands. Our foolish artistes in their stupidity will be using them to sing. Praising ur oppressors in songs.

Chizuru01:

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by greatface(m): 12:20am On Jan 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

Really?

So, you mean to tell me that Dangote's wealth is measured with amounts invested in his refinery that is yet to open?

How would you measure money thrown into the business that has not begun to yield?
Tell me also how you can measure the worth of private cars and living houses which are recorded as assets by this ranking medias but in other platforms are been regarded as liabilities?

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Ugosample(m): 12:21am On Jan 10, 2019
CodeTemplar:
With the support level from govt he is an artificial billionaire.
here we go again undecided
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Ugosample(m): 12:26am On Jan 10, 2019
saajus:
Dangote got many oil blocks from Babaginda. Go and read about how he made his wealth. Most of our wealthy people in Nigeria are not that smart. They didn't create anything. They invented nothing. If a fool got oil block, he will become a billionaire. Just find a foreign company, lease it to them and watch ur bank account. If the dullest man in the world got a sole rimportation right for rice, he will become a Billionaire. I have zero respect for all those Naija Billionaires. Do you know how many people Dangote trucks have killed. Dangote killed Nigeria Railways so that his trucking biz can thrive. Dangote has lot of blood in his hands. Our foolish artistes in their stupidity will be using them to sing. Praising ur oppressors in songs.

Dangote got an oil block

Do you even know what you are saying?

Dantata his cousin has been involved with oil, but not him.

He has said it again and again

He did not get rich via direct connections to oil

Instead he has made some impact in the Nigerian economy

Making NIGERIA a net sugar refiner from being one of the biggest importers of sugar

From building cement factories across the country from just being an importer

and now we are talking about refining oil from being one of the world's biggest importers of petrol.

He has paid his dues and deserve some respect

If he was the typical rent seeker in oil in Nigeria, do you think he would have come this far

3 Likes

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Ugosample(m): 12:29am On Jan 10, 2019
davodyguy:

Lol.

In financial world, they're assets and not liabilities. We are talk professional here and not some sentimental feelings. I'm a certified Appraiser and Chartered Valuer by profession. Learn from professionals in public forum.

Have you seen a Balance Sheet before or audited financial statement of any publicly quoted company? If you've not, run a search on the internet to educate yourself.

We have Tangible and intangible assets

Tangible are the assets you can touch like cars, houses, machines, aircrafts etc, intangible are Goodwill, Patent, Trade Mark, intellectual property.

Enough, before I render free service

you know someone who have read rich dad look dad without really understanding the concepts

those who say "cars and homes are not assets" are just taking a page from his book

but in reality they are both assets

but in some respects depreciable assets.
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by udemzyudex(m): 12:29am On Jan 10, 2019
When baba refinery go finish naa?
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Ugosample(m): 12:32am On Jan 10, 2019
dukeprince50:
let me give you a secret, but if u must mention, do not insult, i just felt like teaching you. cars are not assets, the house you live in is not an asset, they are all liabilities. ponder on this.

A depreciable asset and a liability is not the same at all.

A liability is an obligation to a THIRD PARTY (creditor or govt in the case of taxes most of the time)

A depreciable asset on the other hand are assets that potentially lose value over time

They are NOT the same.

Rich dad poor dad is a great book, but I do not agree with that his analogy on assets and liability
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Ugosample(m): 12:33am On Jan 10, 2019
udemzyudex:
When baba refinery go finish naa?

I feel he is stalling because of the current govt
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Ugosample(m): 12:35am On Jan 10, 2019
Jarus:

exactly so
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Gerrard59(m): 12:42am On Jan 10, 2019
thebosstrevor:

which research? are they a research company or a media company

Mistake #1: Assuming that it's a media company, then she doesn't conduct research or has no research team.

forbes is a media company selling sensational business news to people. most of their billionaires' list are just estimate which they got by using publicly disclosed data

Mistake #2: If you had read the entire article, you will see that sources of data collection also includes lawyers, bankers, estimates of valuation if it's a private firm etc.

Mistake #3: We should disregard information from a firm that's authoritative on the subject for more than THREE DECADES.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Admitwithschola: 12:53am On Jan 10, 2019
Gerrard59:

Mistake #1: Assuming that it's a media company, then she doesn't conduct research or has no research team.

Mistake #2: If you had read the entire article, you will see that sources of data collection also includes lawyers, bankers, estimates of valuation if it's a private firm etc.

Mistake #3: We should disregard information from a firm that's authoritative on the subject for more than THREE DECADES.

Lol, our naija brothers can really talk. Disregard the research result to believe him own hear-say, lol
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Niccoloimhotep: 1:07am On Jan 10, 2019
Dangote is naija version of jeff Bezos grin

Buy my 2008 vw jetta here in ibadan

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by kayfra: 1:34am On Jan 10, 2019
Chizuru01:

Awon developers developing billionaires not in their own tribe. grin

Charity begins at home. Buy Ibeto cement and make him a billionaire grin

Effing delusional morons

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by cooltola(m): 1:55am On Jan 10, 2019
I am happy for them.
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 10, 2019
davodyguy:

Who told you that it means they're that liquid? It's a combination of fixed, movable and current assets, not only cash in hand or in bank.

If I have 10 cars with each valued at ₦10million
And I ha e only ₦3milion cash in bank.

My total assets would be ₦103 million

But that's not your networth
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Sincinnati: 4:34am On Jan 10, 2019
sacluxisback:

But that's not your networth
What’s his net worth?
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by GEEBITE: 5:32am On Jan 10, 2019
You are ignorant dude.Mike Adenuga was born with a silver spoon.His parents especially the mother were wealthy and affluent by the standard of the 50s and 60s.They owned the biggest sawmill in Ibadan and they could afford to send him to school abroad.
Yankee101:
Adenuga is one of those guys to call and get angry because they say he is not as rich as he should be. Some people are rich but because they suffered too much while growing up the mentality of poverty never left them. Enter Adenuga.

Buhari happened to Dangote. Everyone wants him gone but don't want to say it openly because they need to protect their business interests.

That's why when Buhari added him to his campaign he protested sharp sharp. No carry your bad luck finish me be association.
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Yankee101: 5:45am On Jan 10, 2019
GEEBITE:
You are ignorant dude.Mike Adenuga was born with a silver spoon.His parents especially the mother were wealthy and affluent by the standard of the 50s and 60s.They owned the biggest sawmill in Ibadan and they could afford to send him to school abroad.

I don't know if you know the meaning of 'rich. It's different from comfortable.

I live in the US. I schooled in the US. I own businesses. Compared to 1billion dollars I definitely won't say I'm rich.
But by your sawmill and school abroad standards
I'm more than rich. If you want to talk about born rich, talk of Dangote. Do your calculations before you call people ignorant.

Maybe what is covering your eyes is 'pooverty' as Oyedepo pronounces extreme lack.
Re: Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b by Chukazu: 6:58am On Jan 10, 2019
The more reason Dangote doesn't want to support Buhari's inept government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Can't The CBN Just Print More Money? / People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us / Payday: Nigerian Favour Ori Breaks Record In Rwanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.