Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. (16575 Views)

Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" / 'Buhari Not Fighting Corruption' - Ango Abdullahi / 'corruption Is Official' - Atiku Releases 10 Questions Buhari Must Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by namio10: 9:18am On Jan 10, 2019
Goke7:

Even if we restructure and have federating units, each federating unit will still have to put systems in place to fight corruption. The question is are Nigerians ready?

Nigeria's four zones are ready for political restructuring to stop factors that enable corruption.

Only Buhari's Northwest and North east zones detest political restructuring.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by dokunbam(m): 9:19am On Jan 10, 2019
The level of corruption in this country is GRAND STYLE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Goke7: 9:19am On Jan 10, 2019
namio10:

How can Nigeria know how much oil foreigners take away from Nigeria with present Buhari as Petroleum Minister?

Nigeria as presently structured and governed is a doomed country.

Now I know where you are coming from, if the President starts going after the foreign thieves, you guys will come here and still criticise him. See this has been a perennial problem from time immemorial due to our lack of foresight and vision planning so it's not a today problem
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Goke7: 9:20am On Jan 10, 2019
namio10:

Nigeria's four zones are ready for political restructuring to stop factors that enable corruption.

Only Buhari's Northwest and North east zones detest political restructuring.

If you think restructuring alone will stop corruption, you are mistaken dear
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by lexy2014: 9:21am On Jan 10, 2019
Goke7:

My guy, please read wide and do more research as no country can exist in this world in isolation. You have a made up mind as I can see if not you will know that I have answered your question before now

U that has read wide, show us what u have read. No country can exist in isolation, fact. Am asking u 4d purpose of Nigeria's existence? Does Nigeria exist because of "d world"? because no country can live in isolation, does that make Nigeria accountable 2 "d world"? Who & who is Nigeria accountable to? U are asking about globalization. Are u supposed 2b asking me or telling me since u are Mr. Knowledge? Break it down. Explain how globalisation now means Nigeria exists because of "d world". Explain how globalization now means Nigeria is accountable 2 "d world".
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by meccuno: 9:21am On Jan 10, 2019
When people would put up a thread saying Rawada is better than Nigeria you would see people having convulsion. grin
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by lexy2014: 9:23am On Jan 10, 2019
Goke7:

Very myopic view, read more dear grin

No wahala. Its myopic. Since u aren't myopic, shed light in this:

Who is "d world" u referring to? Is Paul kagame "d world"?
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Goke7: 9:23am On Jan 10, 2019
lexy2014:

U that has read wide, show us what u have read. No country can exist in isolation, fact. Am asking u 4d purpose of Nigeria's existence? Does Nigeria exist because of "d world"? because no country can live in isolation, does that make Nigeria accountable 2 "d world"? Who & who is Nigeria accountable to? U are asking about globalization. Are u supposed 2b asking me or telling me since u are Mr. Knowledge? Break it down. Explain how globalisation now means Nigeria exists because of "d world". Explain how globalization now means Nigeria is accountable 2 "d world".

O boy na fight? Can't you see you have answered the question yourself? You have the answer already, why bothering me. Abeg chill! grin
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by dokunbam(m): 9:24am On Jan 10, 2019
chloride6:

If there was no selective fighting corruption, Jonathan would currently be incarcerated

cheesy cool
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Goke7: 9:24am On Jan 10, 2019
lexy2014:

No wahala. Its myopic. Since u aren't myopic, shed light in this:

Who is "d world" u referring to? Is Paul kagame "d world"?

Shebi you have answered that kegame is the world, so what more do you want me to say grin
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by namio10: 9:27am On Jan 10, 2019
Goke7:

If you think restructuring alone will stop corruption, you are mistaken dear

Stop deceiving the gullible ones.
High scale corruption in Nigeria is because an over-centralized unitary governance system has Abuja collect revenues from all parts of the country, mainly oil revenues, then share a small part of the revenues to all the state's and local government councils

This is a sure ticket to high flying corrupt practices that are next to impossible to fight.

1 Like

Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by lexy2014: 9:27am On Jan 10, 2019
Goke7:

O boy na fight? Can't you see you have answered the question yourself? You have the answer already, why bothering me. Abeg chill! grin

U de run, Mr. Knowledge? I haven't answered anything. Am still asking u, what is d purpose of Nigeria's existence? Who is Nigeria accountable to? D answer to that isn't in my post
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by lexy2014: 9:28am On Jan 10, 2019
Goke7:

Shebi you have answered that kegame is the world, so what more do you want me to say grin

I didn't say he is d world. Am asking u if he is d world? Is my English too difficult?
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by OlaDavid2012: 9:29am On Jan 10, 2019
We will remain goofed if we stop reading and discussing headlines or topics without going though the content.
When you are fighting corruption, you will step on tolls even your relatives, helpers and associates, Buhari failed on fighting corruption for the same reason.

Nations should put in modalities that will stop corruption and stop harassing people on political reason as we do here in NIGERIA.

BLOCK THE LOOP HOLES AND NOT PEOPLE BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS THERE TO STEAL.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by OlaDavid2012: 9:32am On Jan 10, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
True

And this is the NOI some people are shouting about?

Well, I'll need to read the book to understand the reason for this title.

You don't need to shut the shop to enhance hunger , stress and hardship as PMB and PYO is doing now, you just need to beef up the shop's security (put in modalities).
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Goke7: 9:33am On Jan 10, 2019
lexy2014:

I didn't say he is d world. Am asking u if he is d world? Is my English too difficult?

Oga, i am not here to win any contest. keep your opinion and I keep mine, okay? Have a nice day.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Goke7: 9:38am On Jan 10, 2019
namio10:

Stop deceiving the gullible ones.
High scale corruption in Nigeria is because an over-centralized unitary governance system has Abuja collect revenues from all parts of the country, mainly oil revenues, then share a small part of the revenues to all the state's and local government councils

This is a sure ticket to high flying corrupt practices that are next to impossible to fight.

Have you read history enough to know that while Nigeria practiced the regional system of govt in the 60s that there was high scale of corruption? is that not the reason the Igbo soldiers of the 1966 coup gave for their coup plot?

What does then south south region have to show for their additional 13% oil derivation which the FG is planning to increase. No matter where revenue goes to in Nigeria, there are hawks waiting to devour
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:39am On Jan 10, 2019
OlaDavid2012:

You don't need to shut the shop to enhance hunger , stress and hardship as PMB and PYO is doing now, you just need to beef up the shop's security (put in modalities).

Truth is the shop was never shut
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by dokunbam(m): 9:40am On Jan 10, 2019
tesppidd:
In an ideal world yes.

But in the Nigerian context selective anti corruption war is still a million times better than not fighting it at all.

Nigeria is a special country, call it a zoo like Nnamdi Kanu if you would.

I just gave an example with my small sample space which is the company where I work.

In most companies in Nigeria people get sacked for exposing fraud.
In Nigeria family members insult and criticize their uncles and fathers for not stealing while in government positions.

Any government in this country which decides to go against it's members and loyalists gets booted out with a twinkle of an eye.

The day Buhari and the EFCC decide to go against the Tinubus and the Amaechis who are ALLEGED to be corrupt, that day they begin the process of removing him.
The day Buahri decides to send the EFCC against the 60 senators who are on his side, the very next day his impeachment proceedings begin.

Stop being in dreamland.
Stop thinking you are in an ideal society or in a reasonable society.

All of this idea of going after everybody will never work in Nigeria.

It will be a pass mark for Buhari if,
Out of every 10 he prosecutes 8 are PDP and 2 are APC.

When PDP comes they do same.

Good one I use to tell people this

Also, if you work in govt corp or ministry you will understand the level of corruption

From junior Staffs to senior staffs

From inflation money for stationaries to inflating money for big contracts

1 Like

Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:40am On Jan 10, 2019
monex:

she meant fighting corruption is a dangerous mission because corrupt elements will fight back. The book was about corruption fighting back.

Try not to twist her words when you read it

Thanks. I'll do that.

Is that be the case, then we may like to cut PMB some slack for engaging on a dangerous mission, even though it's still more one-sided
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by joepepsy(m): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2019
Presently Nigeria is the worst country in Africa maybe better than Somalia or Sudan but am not even sure.
ACHILLES45:
this one has not even finished rescuing his war shattered country, every body want to advise nigeria.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by joepepsy(m): 9:47am On Jan 10, 2019
Presently Nigeria is the worst country in Africa maybe better than Somalia or Sudan but am not even sure.
ACHILLES45:
this one has not even finished rescuing his war shattered country, every body want to advise nigeria.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by BabaO2: 9:54am On Jan 10, 2019
ACHILLES45:
Reason why you are a failure, because you don't know what is right. It is not about shouting..., Obviously, you are local man, Rwanda is the model for Africa in this century. You can even see it on Arsenal jerseys promoting a visit to Rwanda
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by orisa37: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2019
Goke7:
What a shame! We keep lying to ourselves as Nigerians that corruption is not our major problem and the world keep mocking us.

We are just being Don Quixote in the Fight.
Restructure and reorganize the 36 States.
Decentralise the Exclusive List
Or simply reconcile out Nigeria's Presidential System fully with the U.S
And Corruption will scamper.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Guide777(m): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2019
buharitill2023:
the only economy policy of thief atiku/obigot, pdp and the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of biafra terrorist is importation and corruption.
BMC job for 30k perhaps may look good now because economy is in shambles. If economy falls into a more competent hand, even 200k will not be appealing to youths that have bright future. Then you will rarely see lazy youths doing R8bia sign of Egyptian Muslim brotherhood.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by 7lives: 9:59am On Jan 10, 2019
tesppidd:
If we only appreciate the level of corruption in Nigeria then we would never mind even a selective anti corruption crusade.

Just last week in the company where I work, a guy was fired for busting a procurement fraud which had existed in the company for over 15 years. He was sacked for exposing it!

The level of corruption that thrives in Nigeria could be fought to a reasonable extent over a minimum of 20 years.

Just to a reasonable extent!

I really do not mind if the APC' s target is only on the PDP members, as long as they have stolen money from Nigeria.

When next PDP returns to power, they should witch hunt every corrupt person in the APC.
Yes they should!

Little by little we will get from this level of 95 percent corruption to 50 percent.

That guy wey expose fraud in his office is one in a million, God will settle him.
Our people's affinity for chop and quench, free money, dirty money and lazyness, na STRONG thing.
Only God can deliver us in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by eshcol(m): 10:00am On Jan 10, 2019
ACHILLES45:
Your comment shows you are not in tune with current happenings in the world. Biko, make a small research and thank me later.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Goke7: 10:01am On Jan 10, 2019
orisa37:

We are just being Don Quixote in the Fight.
Restructure and reorganize the 36 States.
Decentralise the Exclusive List
Or simply reconcile out Nigeria's Presidential System fully with the U.S
And Corruption will scamper.

Read my earlier post where I said that even in the 60s where we practiced true federalism, there was corruption which is the reason the soldiers gave for the 1966 coup plot. We have a moral problem and crisis in Nigeria. It's in our DNA, no political restructure will solve the problems. If you say judicial reform, yea and am surprised no body has mentioned the judiciary so far, that is where we can tackle corruption headlong. But when a big politician is taken to court for corruption or any criminal issue, we all begin to shout. We have a moral crisis
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by artofseduction: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2019
tesppidd:
If we only appreciate the level of corruption in Nigeria then we would never mind even a selective anti corruption crusade.

Just last week in the company where I work, a guy was fired for busting a procurement fraud which had existed in the company for over 15 years. He was sacked for exposing it!

The level of corruption that thrives in Nigeria could be fought to a reasonable extent over a minimum of 20 years.
Just to a reasonable extent!

I really do not mind if the APC' s target is only on the PDP members, as long as they have stolen money from Nigeria.

When next PDP returns to power, they should witch hunt every corrupt person in the APC.
Yes they should!

Little by little we will get from this level of 95 percent corruption to 50 percent.

More reason why PDP should b voted into power to do their own part.
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by lexy2014: 10:03am On Jan 10, 2019
Goke7:

Oga, i am not here to win any contest. keep your opinion and I keep mine, okay? Have a nice day.

Neither am I here 2 win. I didn't offer an opinion. I only asked u 2 explain& shed more light on ur opinion which u couldn't
Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Goke7: 10:04am On Jan 10, 2019
eshcol:

Your comment shows you are not in tune with current happenings in the world. Biko, make a small research and thank me later.

Someone is even asking me here if Nigeria is accountable to the world, wet in person dey see for this nairaland eh?

1 Like

Re: Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 10, 2019
seunmsg:
In what appears like a subtle shade, Rwandan President Paul Kagame took to Twitter to advice Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to write another book on, “Not fighting corruption is even more dangerous “.

This message also goes to all lovers of corruption like Peter Obi who feels we should concentrate on opening shops alone and allow rogues to plunder our resources without restrain. We cannot make any progress as a nation until we collective battle the menance of corruption.
Since the fight against corruption what has changed? undecided
The so called fight is witch hunting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum / I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes, Says Buhari / No Matter How Much They Recover,we Can Never Be As Poor As Dangote-abacha's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.