Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them (4479 Views)

Stella Oduah Reacts To Claim Of Not Completing Her NYSC, Shares Evidence / Policeman Punches Man Trying To Remove APC Flag From Ortom's Jeep (Video) / Another Man Shot At Ekiti APC Rally, Man Trying To Save Him Victim Of Pickpocket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2019
grin

Blood is indeed thicker than water

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2019
I'm so ashamed of be ndi Igbo. They are giving us bad names.

Benin descendants are majority in Edo,delta,river and Bayelsa.

Please let's stop claiming them to avoid further embarrassment

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2019
Igbo kwenu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Odingo1: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2019
But they speak Igbo, bear Igbo names and wear Benin attire, I think language is first before cloth you wear, you cant be speaking Yoruba and claiming that you wear Igbo clothes and you speak Yoruba as your mother tongue and bear Yoruba names. Ika in Delta, Ikwerre in Rivers and Igbanke in Edo, their speaking of Igbo and bearing of Igbo names gave them out as Igbos,if they like make them wear all manner of Benin or Yoruba clothes.

6 Likes

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by mpianya39(m): 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Igbobyblood:
I'm so ashamed of be ndi Igbo. They are giving us bad names.

Benin descendants are majority in Edo,delta,river and Bayelsa.

Please let's stop claiming them to avoid further embarrassment
Oiler from south wast of zoogerian

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
grin grin when will ndi Igbo learn.

Okay Nigeria is British because they speak English, mumu people.

We the south south angry grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
Odingo1:
But they speak and wear Benin attire, I think is language
yesoo just the language and Igbo are claiming them

We all know it's because of oilll

1 Like

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
Odingo1:
But they speak Igbo, bear Igbo names and wear Benin attire, I think language is first before cloth you wear, you cant be speaking Yoruba and claiming that you wear Igbo clothes and you speak Yoruba as your mother tongue and bear Yoruba names. Ika in Delta, Ikwerre in Rivers and Igbanke in Edo, their speaking of Igbo and bearing of Igbo names gave them out as Igbos,if they like make them wear all manner of Benin or Yoruba clothes.
when will you guys learn.

I'm sure you are putting on an English attire,you went to an English inspired school, you speak English.

Are you English? Can Britain come to Nigeria and say they are British?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lol. Her defence is senseless. Only slow people celebrate the crap she is spewing.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Iwillbegreat: 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
I blame lord lugard and British for this nonsense.

How can igbos be laying claim to descendants of great Benin? Weston be concern Igbo with ekpeye?!

1 Like

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Excaperx:
when will you guys learn.

I'm sure you are putting on an English attire,you went to an English inspired school, you speak English.

Are you English? Can Britain come to Nigeria and say they are British?
Does Britain and Nigeria share boundary. Does hausa man in niger stop being hausa because he is in another country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Odingo1:
ikwere people lay claim to benin ancestry, they honoured the man that took part in killing 3 million of igbos.

Dein of agbor say he's Benin, he warn his people to stop promoting Igbo culture.

Ekpeye,ogba, oguta,ika have continued to deny us.

What more you guys want? Is the embarrassment not enough?

1 Like

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
Odingo1:
Cloths can easily be changed but language can not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Does Britain and Nigeria share boundary. Does hausa man in niger stop being hausa because he is in another country?
that's exactly why they adopted a version of Igbo language, to make trade easier.

Just like there are many Benin descendants that look and speak like Yoruba,igala but they identify as Benin.

Only Igbo case is different

1 Like

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
Igbobyblood:
ikwere people lay claim to benin ancestry, they honoured the man that took part in killing 3 million of igbos.

Dein of agbor say he's Benin, he warn his people to stop promoting Igbo culture.

Ekpeye,ogba, oguta,ika have continued to deny us.

What more you guys want? Is the embarrassment not enough?
Who put a gun on thier head to give their children igbo names

5 Likes

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Cloths can easily be changed but language can not
it took less than 100 years for Nigerians to start speaking English fluently.

Those ekpeye has been living in Igbo communities for over 500 years

1 Like

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2019
Excaperx:
that's exactly why they adopted a version of Igbo language, to make trade easier.

Just like there are many Benin descendants that look and speak like Yoruba,igala but they identify as Benin.

Only Igbo case is different
Why can't igbo be the one adopting benin language. Does it mean benin is so inferior?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Who put a gun on thier head to give their children igbo names
*Igbo inspired names*

I bear an English name and we speak English.

But I'm a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
Excaperx:
it took less than 100 years for Nigerians to start speaking English fluently.

Those ekpeye has been living in Igbo communities for over 500 years
Thank you. They live in igbo community. Case closed. Let them pack to benin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Igbobyblood:
*Igbo inspired names*

I bear an English name and we speak English.

But I'm a Nigerian
Idiotic analogy. Nigeria is not geographically contiguous with Britain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Thank you. They live in igbo community. Case closed. Let them pack to benin
nah they were there first.

Igbos met them in those locations before they started trading with them
Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Why can't igbo be the one adopting benin language. Does it mean benin is so inferior?
this is so stupid.

It's just a version of Igbo language that has developed over time.

They aren't igbos and that's final
Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2019
Excaperx:
yesoo just the language and Igbo are claiming them

We all know it's because of oilll
Languge is more permanent than clothes. Clothes can easily be changed but language can not
Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Idiotic analogy. Nigeria is not geographically contiguous with Britain
whatever rock your boat.

You can't force people to claim what they aren't
Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Languge is more permanent than clothes. Clothes can easily be changed but language can not
okay

What matter is that they aren't Igbo

1 Like

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
Excaperx:
this is so stupid.

It's just a version of Igbo language that has developed over time.

They aren't igbos and that's final
There aere uncountable versions of igbo. All deveped over time so what's your point
Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
Excaperx:
okay

What matter is that they aren't Igbo
In that case I am not black
Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Igbobyblood:
whatever rock your boat.

You can't force people to claim what they aren't
Anybody can claim anything. Substantiate your claim that the point
Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Asshurbanipal: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
Excaperx:
nah they were there first.

Igbos met them in those locations before they started trading with them
And the language of the newcommers had upper hand? Lol
Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

In that case I am not black
I think you've gotten your answer.

You can change your skin colour, you can learn new languages, adopt new cultures.

But can you change your ancestry? Your blood? Till date African Americans are locating their roots because blood is thicker.

They aren't Igbo and that's final.

Trying to claim them and force them into your union is a terrorist act.

Buhari was right declaring IPOB a terrorist organisation

1 Like

Re: What An Ekpeye Woman Told Igbo Man Trying To Claim Them by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Anybody can claim anything. Substantiate your claim that the point
since they said they aren't Igbo.

What are you going to do?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IGR: Ogun Targets Over ₦100 Billion In 2021 ― Governor Abiodun / 2023: Seun Osewa Forecasts Tinubu To Win; Says Atiku Not Popular In The North / Sit at home Jinx Broken as Obidient rally in Abiriba, Abia State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.