Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

"I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. (1753 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Hazard: I Nearly Joined Spurs Before Chelsea Turned My Head / UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by Razorr(f): 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2007
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Chelsea's Didier Drogba was once a major target for him.  shocked

This is interesting, considering that Chelsea's Makalele and Petr Cech have been targets of his in the past!

I wonder what stopped him then if he is now regreting not doing so after Drogba's PFA nomination.  grin   grin

Mr. Wenger, please bring out your big purse and get the players you want in future and spare us the winning!  angry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/04/18/sfndro18.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20061004/ai_n16756731
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by Hugoboi(m): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2007
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Chelsea's Didier Drogba was once a major target for him.

This is interesting, considering that Chelsea's Makalele and Petr Cech have been targets of his in the past!

I wonder what stopped him then if he is now regreting not doing so after Drogba's PFA nomination.

Mr. Wenger, please bring out your big purse and get the players you want in future and spare us the winning!

Ouch!! That hurt real bad
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by mukina2: 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2007
and you had to start a thread for that?

tell me the manager in the world that hasnt lost players they'll like to have angry

is he the first?

come up with something new angry
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by Razorr(f): 3:12pm On Apr 18, 2007
Mukina, I wasn't expecting you to be hapy about it! Sorry love! kiss kiss grin grin
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by A40(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2007
Its amazing well they are still a lot of quality players who could get we want action not talk and i think Samuel Eto'O is not a bad start
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by ZUBY77(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2009
wenger is always complaining. there are hot players in the market now,

man city is hot on the heels of kaka.
he will come to tell us kaka was on his target list too,

even enyimba wants kaka,

the issue here is ''sign kaka '' and not that you nearly signed kaka.
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by Tatase(f): 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2009
I'm surprised that he's waiting till now when Drogba is having a spell of razzness to make this comment. I mean maybe in Drogba's glory days, it would have made sense but now when Drogba is so off?!? Na wa o.

ZUBY77:

wenger is always complaining. there are hot players in the market now,

man city is hot on the heels of kaka.
he will come to tell us kaka was on his target list too,

even enyimba wants kaka,

the issue here is ''sign kaka '' and not that you nearly signed kaka.

ROTFLMAO. I want him myself. Am I in with a chance I doubt I'm that much less likely than enyimba!!!
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2009
he nearly signed ronaldo too.

Wenger . . . nearly signed doesnt get you players!
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by tkb417(m): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2009
of course
hes always "wanting" to buy but will never buy
he shld shut the hell up
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by allboyz(m): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2009
AW + MONEY + TRANSFER NEWS + PLAYERS + TROPHIES = I don't understand again o0o lipsrsealed
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by switch47(m): 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2009
dumb post dumb thread, like wenger gives a hoot if you ever exist
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by invisible3(m): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2010
This man nearly won the premier league for 5 seasons now.
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by dyabman(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2010
''he nearly signed Messi''
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by medjai(m): 6:56am On Nov 28, 2010
dyabman:

''he nearly signed Messi''
grin grin grin
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by moonraker(m): 1:37am On Dec 01, 2010
He was this close to clinching a treble and also nearly signed Victor Agali to replace van persie

and Okocha to replace fabregas!!! wonders shall never cease to end!!!
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by jalether(m): 6:06am On Dec 01, 2010
In fairness to wenger, he was extremely close to signing Ronaldinho, Eto'o, kaka, Rivaldo, Nedved, shevchenko, figo and Abiodun Baruwa in their prime

and even threatened to resign if the board fails to provide sufficient funds to acquire these players, so let's give the man some credit
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by bigfather(m): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2010
Nearly nor dey kill bird o ! grin
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by 1025: 8:19am On Dec 01, 2010
In fairness to wenger, he was extremely close to signing Ronaldinho, Eto'o, kaka, Rivaldo, Nedved, shevchenko, figo and Abiodun Baruwa in their prime

and even threatened to resign if the board fails to provide sufficient funds to acquire these players, so let's give the man some credit

@jalether,
uncle how u take know? do u know that wenger nearly sign me? even pele nearly sign for arsenal.
na because of melt down maradonna no sign for arsenal.
mumu wenger.
Re: "I Nearly Signed Chelsea's Best!" - Arsene Wenger. by moonraker(m): 9:17am On Dec 01, 2010
@ jalether

shebi i was there naw, when the board revolted,

Mikel uko?? not forgeting del piero. wenger was abt to give

del piero the arsenal pen to sign the contract, my guy just change him

mind sharply, talk say del piero is not a young man, ode

(1) (Reply)

Pogba 'banned From Playing Basketball' By Manchester United / Arsenal: Post- Match Analysis / This Is Anfield!!! - Thread for Liverpool Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.