Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

China's Future Bus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / China's Future Bus (7766 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

China's Future Bus by spikedcylinder: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2010
China plans to combat traffic with huge buses that let cars pass beneath them

Cities have a constant traffic problem, and urban planners and developers try to combat this with more roads, subways and other means, which of course leads to huge expenses. China’s Shenzhen Hashi Future Parking Equipment seeks to solve the problem by putting giant buses on the road, buses with enough height to allow small cars to pass unhindered beneath them.

The concept makes use of the space between regular sized cars and bridges, and allowing cars to drive underneath the giant buses will provide more space, make public transportation better, and reduce costs. The concept was introduced in May this year, and is now gearing up for test runs. The bus will begin its journey at Beijing’s Mentougou District, which is planning a 186km route for this straddling bus.

The straddling buses will be 4.5 meters in height, and will allow vehicles up to 2 meters in height to pass underneath them. Straddling bus will be capable of carrying 1200-1400 passengers, and is expected to save 860 ton of fuel per year, reducing 2,640 ton of carbon emission.

http://randommization.com/2010/08/03/china-plans-to-combat-traffic-with-huge-buses-that-let-cars-pass-beneath-them/
Re: China's Future Bus by spikedcylinder: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2010
Absolutely amazing. The things these people do with technology ehn.
Re: China's Future Bus by Kennyblues(m): 11:33am On Aug 11, 2010
Amazing though but unrealistic. What if my car is underneath and the bus needs to intercept a junction?
Re: China's Future Bus by oludashmi(f): 11:36am On Aug 11, 2010
Kennyblues:

Amazing though but unrealistic. What if my car is underneath and the bus needs to intersept a junction?
They would have thought of that and plan it along various options. There may be a signal to indicate that the bus needs to wait cos a car is still underneath or somehow, just leave it to them.
China leads in technology, I bet it.
Re: China's Future Bus by Ruq: 11:37am On Aug 11, 2010
It depends on our Govt. (how they reason)
Re: China's Future Bus by obi123: 11:41am On Aug 11, 2010
@RUQ, i laughed at your comment because it in a way implies that it is possible , not even in a trillion trillion x 1 billion years would this happen in naija , lets leave innovations like these to people that have a vision please.

While we are busy furiously gathering flour ,butter , eggs, milk and sugar to make the world's largest freaking cake, see what people are coming up with amazing , absolutely amazing
Re: China's Future Bus by Kennyblues(m): 11:52am On Aug 11, 2010
oludashmi:

They would have thought of that and plan it along various options. There may be a signal to indicate that the bus needs to wait cos a car is still underneath or somehow, just leave it to them.
China leads in technology, I bet it.

Albeit the bus is not running on wheels but tracks
Re: China's Future Bus by spikedcylinder: 11:54am On Aug 11, 2010
Kennyblues:

Albeit the bus is not running on wheels but tracks

I see wheels on the model in the picture.
Re: China's Future Bus by Kennyblues(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2010
Eyes open, its wheels are on tracks
Re: China's Future Bus by Carlosein(m): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2010
how do people get on it?
Re: China's Future Bus by sayso: 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2010
huge
Re: China's Future Bus by Uchesuper: 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2010
What if the small cars and buses beneath the larger ones decides to take a particular turn not being aware that the big bus has passed their turning points? To me it has more disadvantages than advantages. It will also mean that humans can walk beneath the buses as well, hence higher mortality rate
Re: China's Future Bus by spikedcylinder: 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2010
Kennyblues:

Albeit the bus is [b]not running on wheels but track[/b]s
Kennyblues:

Eyes open, its wheels are on tracks

Oga, your comment immediately negated the existence of wheels on the bus. Whose eyes are closed now? undecided
Re: China's Future Bus by eloii: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2010
It's somehow possible. but i wont last or else in Abuja
Re: China's Future Bus by Bukittes(f): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2010
China, Wow!!!!!!
Re: China's Future Bus by chrisford(m): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2010
This is a nice initiative.Am greatly impress,
Re: China's Future Bus by cgift(m): 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2010
Uchesuper:

What if the small cars and buses beneath the larger ones decides to take a particular turn not being aware that the big bus has passed their turning points? To me it has more disadvantages than advantages. It will also mean that humans can walk beneath the buses as well, hence higher mortality rate

Cars will not perpetually be on under it now. you will not always move at the speed of the Big bus and vice versa. i want to believe they will have everything figured out. Humans are unstoppable when they set their minds at things. this one will work, all they need do is a perfect feasibility study and put all measures in place. sefini,
Re: China's Future Bus by mckaycee(m): 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2010
Possible in 9ja? una stl dey use LOCOMOTIVE ENGINE FOR TRAIN WHEN OTHERS DON DEY RETIRE  FOR ELECTRIC ENGINES. Pls let us talk abt something else, o jare!
Re: China's Future Bus by Gentle4lyf: 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2010
OOOooooobooyyy, This one na witchCRAFT!
Re: China's Future Bus by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2010
The spambot didnt like my post & deleted them both
Re: China's Future Bus by spikedcylinder: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2010
Gentle4lyf:

OOOooooobooyyy, This one na witchCRAFT!

ROTFLMBAO! grin grin grin

Chaircover, sorry jare, it will be untagged soon.
Re: China's Future Bus by Jencejyde(m): 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2010
obi123:

@RUQ, i laughed at your comment because it in a way implies that it is possible , not even in a trillion trillion x 1 billion years would this happen in naija , lets leave innovations like these to people that have a vision please.

While we are busy furiously gathering flour ,butter , eggs, milk and sugar to make the world's largest freaking  cake,  see what people are coming up with amazing , absolutely amazing
Naija , I weep.

mckaycee:

Possible in 9ja? una stl dey use LOCOMOTIVE ENGINE FOR TRAIN WHEN OTHERS DON DEY RETIRE  FOR ELECTRIC ENGINES. Pls let us talk abt something else, o jare!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If only we can put our strengths to useful things, but lai lai, corruption will not permit. If you ask China how much they will budget for this project
you will be amazed that it wont be up to nearly half of what our senators and Govt officials collect as salaries in a year. God help us oh!
Re: China's Future Bus by emmydee(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2010
Kennyblues:

Amazing though but unrealistic. What if my car is underneath and the bus needs to intercept a junction?
good talk my friend.
very unrealisitic
Re: China's Future Bus by Browser69(m): 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2010
Chinko peeps, I hail o lipsrsealed
Re: China's Future Bus by Pukkah: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2010
This is a novel idea. Never mind, scepticism greeted almost (if not all) inventions. I wish them success in this.
Re: China's Future Bus by Guyman02: 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2010
If the Biafrans could build Armoured personnel carriers in 1966 operated with locally refined petrol, I wonder were Naija would have been by now if we didnt destroy their concept due to tribal and religious sentiments. cry cry cry cry Today we spend billions on inferior Chinco products that are not allowed to be used locally in china cry cry cry cry
Re: China's Future Bus by hackney(m): 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Post  : Nice.

If the cars under want to turn left at a junction but the bus wants to turn right, im sure
the bus will have displays or audio indications to have the cars take note and probably give time for the cars to move away.

The bus route will be known anyway so cars can avoid being under it when apropriate , the bus will move at steady known speed,etc.
the possibilities are endless, people.
Kudos to china.

Nigeria : Take heart as He that is down in the dumps need fear no fall.
LMAO .
Re: China's Future Bus by HighChief4(m): 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2010
I have always known that Chinese will come up with such briliant idea, it is possible in nigeria if we put the right people in power and not those looters(sorry leaders) that we have
Re: China's Future Bus by obi123: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2010
i am sure all the greatest inventions of our time were called unrealistic once, its a work in progress and we can only be humbled by their abilities , i'm sure they will continue to try to find possibilties with this project , if not they will scrap it and move on swiftly to the next project.  

Well whether its unrealistic or not i bow for them i beg.
Re: China's Future Bus by Ranoscky(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2010
@High_Chief, you call our leaders looters n u stil dey say sorry? undecided Na wa for u O! Dey'r all bunch of big tym CRIMINALS!

@Guyman, i dey feel u die men, no be small! Na bomb u drop so!

@Oludashmi, japan leads in technology n not china follows!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can 2million Buy A Good Big Daddy / Top 12 Reasons Why Your Car Won’t Start / What Is "Car Running Rich" And "Car Running Lean"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.