Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him (906 Views)

Buhari Endorses Dapo Abiodun As Ogun Governor, Amosun's Thugs Kick / Governor Amosun And His Loyalists To Dump APC / Governor Amosun Declares Intention To Run For Senate In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by 12Ebisco: 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
The Governor of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun, on Thursday claimed he is being castigated by some leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC), because of his achievements and commitment to the development of Abeokuta, the state capital, ahead of other regions in the State.

Amosun stated this during the kick-off of his ward-to-ward senatorial campaign, in Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun Central Senatorial District.

According to him, no right-thinking Governor would abandon the capital to remain the glorified condition it was, before he became Governor in 2011.

Amosun said: “Why am I being castigated? Abeokuta was made the State capital over 40 years ago and the only offence I have committed is to have developed Abeokuta but I tell you, no sane governor will neglect Abeokuta, else that governor will see the result.

“I have never neglected other areas. We have one of the best flyovers and roads of our administration in Sagamu, there are two flyovers in Ijebu Ode with good roads and the same things are done in Ijebu Igbo and Yewa.

“What we’ve done is that when we do three things in Abeokuta, we do two or one in other places and we are running round day and night to get this done.

“I am not the first governor in Ogun State but I appreciate what they’ve done but if anybody castigates me? No governor worth his salt will abandon Abeokuta.”

He solicited the votes of people in all the wards, appealing to them not to trade their Permanent Voter Cards(PVCs) for monetary gains.

“Don’t be deceived into trading your PVC, they will come with promise of loans and grants requesting for your PVC number, tell them they are thrives and criminals, ask them where they have been since all these years that they are now coming on the eve of the election,” he added.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/10/2019-governor-amosun-uncovers-apc-pioneers/

Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by sincerlyyo(m): 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Ride on Baba, we are solidly with you
APC for February
APM for March
Its a goal

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by AgbariOjukwu1: 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
Amosun is absolutely right.

Abeokuta is the State capital and it deserves the attention it is currently getting from the government.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by babyfaceafrica: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
crap..you are too stubborn..you need to be more flexible!!
Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by afroniger: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
The problem with Amosun is that Ogun has become more divided than ever under his watch. The current hostility between Egbas and Ijebus is unprecedented all thanks to his immature style of politics.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by helinues: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
Amosun don't think ( Ko n ro'nu)
Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by Homeboiy: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
undecided
Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by helinues: 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
AgbariOjukwu1:
Amosun is absolutely right.

Abeokuta is the State capital and it deserves the attention it is currently getting from the government.

Amosun doesn't have a say currently in Ogun central
Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by AgbariOjukwu1: 9:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
helinues:

Amosun doesn't have a say currently in Ogun central

Bro i don't think you are on ground.
Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by forgiveness: 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2019
That's the main reason Amosun doesn't want the governor to come from the Ijebu area. He wants to retain the seat of power in the Egbado/Egba corridor for another 16 years so that he can achieve his aims of neglecting other areas to develop Egbaland. Is this this not what he's insinuating?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by AgbariOjukwu1: 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
forgiveness:
That's the main reason Amosun doesn't want the governor to come from the Ijebu area. He wants to retain the seat of power in the Egbado/Egba corridor for another 16 years so that he can achieve his aims of neglecting other areas to develop Egbaland. Is this this not what he's insinuating?

Lol, Bro you once claimed to be an Owu man like Amosun... But your comments about Amosun and Ogun 2019 is suggesting you may not be.
Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by forgiveness: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
AgbariOjukwu1:

Lol, Bro you once claimed to be an Owu man like Amosun... But your comments about Amosun and Ogun 2019 is suggesting you may not be.

Honestly, I am an Owu by bloodline. You should know Owu are migrants. It is just that I hate cheating.
Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by AgbariOjukwu1: 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
forgiveness:

Honestly, I am an Owu by bloodline. You should know Owu are migrants. It is just that I hate cheating.

Owu Ijebu abi?
Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by forgiveness: 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
AgbariOjukwu1:

Owu Ijebu abi?

Anyhow you call it.
Re: 2019: Governor Amosun Uncovers Why APC Pioneers Are After Him by AridunuThomas: 11:38am On Jan 24, 2019
This is bullcrap. The governor only did "Karimi" project. He did roads for people visiting Abẹ́òkúta, not people staying there. Every other sector of the state is in shambles. All the inner city roads of Abẹ́òkúta are in tatters.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Apc Flagbearer For Oyo State House Of Assembly, Egbeda Lg, Usman Olalekan / See Dele Momodu's Reaction To Commissioned Abuja Airport / 2019 Presidency: MKO Abiola’s Son Endorses Atiku, Gives Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.