|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,163,934 members, 4,715,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 24 January 2019 at 01:45 AM
|How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Iykemovies(m): 2:47am On Jan 11|
My name is Iyke Ozo.
Creative Director of Pinio Studios.
Want to Become a Nollywood Movie Star in 2019?
Then come let’s do it together!
Let’s produce our own movie.
- How to become a Nollywood actor?
- Where to attend movie auditions?
- What to do to act in a movie?
- What does it take to become an actor in Nollywood?
- How can I become a star actor in Nollywood?
- Where can I get trained to become an actor?
- How do I join Nollywood?
- Do you truly want to be a Nollywood star? The same way I want to produce my own unique movies.
- Do you want to show the world how talented you are at acting? The same way I want to show the world how good I am with Hollywood styled vfx in Nollywood movies.
- Are you tired of not getting your acting dream started?
- Are you tired of searching & searching for movie role, and yet nothing.
- Do you just want to star in a movie now?
One interesting fact & equally discouraging is, there are hundreds of thousands of people like you, searching for the same movie roles. So the chances are… You figure it out.
Well, if nobody will give you the opportunity to showcase yourself, will you now give up & kill your dream? For me the answer is a big no way. Then I say showcase yourself. Let’s showcase ourselves. Not in a small way but in a way that Nollywood will shake because of our amazing movies. Let’s do it together.
LET’S PRODUCE OUR OWN MOVIES, AND YOU’LL BE THE ONES TO STAR & ACT IN THE MOVIES.
Nollywood is more of drama, comedy and a bit of action. There is no fantasy like in Hollywood. Now, that’s the movie we’ll produce.
At Pinio Studios, our specialty is producing Hollywood styled vfx for Nigerian & African movies & stories. We are weary of seeing the same movie genres in Nigeria. We can do so much more, hence Pinio Studios.
My demo reel video says it all.
Click this link to see it: /piniodemo
To shock you. All the scenes in my demo reel video with human actors, were all shot at my backyard, in front of a Greenscreen. I used computer to create the CG environments, the way it’s done in Hollywood. Now imagine what we’ll create when we have the right production set and equipment, which we’ll acquire from your contributions.
WHAT WE’LL DO TOGETHER TO PRODUCE OUR MOVIES
- Let's contribute to fund the production of our own movies. - All contributors will star/act in one, two, three or all four movies, according to your contribution. - 4 amazing movies will be produced, one after the other.
- 5 days of Greenscreen movie shoot, per movie. - There is accommodation & feeding for all actors. Your location in Nigeria does not matter. - All actors get back their complete invested fee + a 100% profit after the sales of the movie. Example: Contribute N20,000 and you will make N40,000. That’s a good investment. - A quick training on acting for all actors, so as to get professional performances in the movies.
- We at Pinio Studios will run everything, from script to production and to marketing of the movies. Contributors will just focus on giving an excellent acting performance in the movies.
BELOW IS THE SYNOPSIS OF OUR FIRST MOVIE TO PRODUCE.
Genre: Fantasy, Comedy & Adventure.
Two friends; one is a womanizer & the other is stupid. They try to lure the lady of the womanizer’s dreams into a trap in the forest, to get her to truly fall for him. The trap backfires and they find themselves lost in an uncharted jungle.
They were not expecting to encounter a wild, giant talking ape, who is equally looking for love.
Now the friends have to escape the jungle by all means. The real craziness begins.
Question: How do you see the movie’s story?
WHAT INSPIRED ME TO DO THIS? MY STORY.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always loved movies. I don’t think anybody here have my kind of passion for movies.
If you do, please prove me wrong. Lol.
As a young boy, I enjoy seeing Nollywood movies. My late dad would buy them & boy were we always excited.
It got to a point, I began to get bored. The movie stories are repetitive & easily predictable. I switched to Hollywood movies & I was hooked. I never got enough.
I started writing my own movies in comic forms while in primary school. My stories always had the Hollywood fantasy touch, so my classmates were always ready to read. I dreamt of producing my own Nollywood movies in Hollywood style when I grow up.
In 2013, reality dawned on me that without the vfx & animation skills, I can’t achieve my dream. So I began training myself & by the special grace of God, I can now produce the movies of my dreams.
I’ve produced adverts for some organizations & I’ve also produced some short movies, with my friends as the actors.
Just watch my demo reel to confirm. The link is above.
Again I faced another challenge, which is actually the major in all businesses, which is fund. ‘Well, fund can’t stop me’, I said to myself. I had a plan. A very simple plan.
My plan was to show Nollywood what I can do by working with a producer to make one, just one awesome movie, at a very low price. One awesome movie will bring me into the lime light & producers will rush to me, to work on their own movies too.
I wasn’t after profit yet, but to put my work out there. I’ll make my profit from other productions that comes after.
So, with my samples (the works I’ve done), I met with some movie producers. They loved my samples & eagerly wanted to work with me. One producer offered to market one of my short movie; the zombie one. It’s 23 minutes long. I told him, I didn’t make it for sale but as a sample. He said it doesn’t matter. It was until I told him I’ve already shared the movie with family and friends, that’s when he rested the matter. Actually, the real reason why I didn’t want that short movie sold is because I produced it with a really small budget, so the quality is not my best work. I can do much better than the samples when I have the right budget. I want my first official work to be outstanding & a game changer, because I know it can be done.
However, what happened next with producers shocked me.
Obviously, the budget to produce my type of movie is higher than the regular. Now some producers offered to pay just N300k for the total production of part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and part 8 of their movie.
That is ridiculous.
They said I have to make some sacrifices so as to make it big in the industry. That is true. I knew that.
But what they don’t understand is, N300k won't even produce half of part 1. The budget for my kind of movie is different from the regular movies. It's not the regular movie. If it is, then producers would have been making such long ago. It’s not the producers fault though, it’s just the system. That’s the amount some producers pay for that part of their movie production.
I told myself, ‘Well Iyke, welcome to Nollywood’.
I became close to one of the producers. He’s a good man. He told me how Nollywood works. It’s interesting & also sad. One thing I love though is that a good & unique movie will always get marketers rushing to be the one to market it because a good movie sells itself.
Now, I’m here to achieve my dream by also helping others achieve theirs. We produce our own movie. We do this by working together and contributing our resources.
In recent times, some good Nollywood movies has been produced, but I still can’t find fantasy movies. Nollywood needs our unique movies.
So here I am. Come join me let’s do this together.
To truly understand what I’m saying, just watch my demo reel.
This is the link: /piniodemo
- You don’t have to launch your acting career by starting with insignificant roles, which is the normal trend. With us, you launch your acting career in a big way by playing lead roles, which is rare. Lead roles in an awesome movie is what bring actors into the lime light. All contributors will play lead roles in our movie.
- The movie scripts are written in such a way that all the roles are lead roles.
- You star in our Hollywood styled fantasy movie. The first of its kind in Nollywood. Guess what that will do to your career?
- All contributors become a friend of ours; Pinio Studios, which has lots of advantages.
HOW TO GET A ROLE OR MULTIPLE ROLES IN THE MOVIES?
- N20,000 gives you a role in one movie. At the end you get paid N40,000.
- N40,000 gives you a role in two movies. At the end you get paid N80,000.
- N60,000 gives you a role in three movies. At the end you get paid N120,000.
- N80,000 gives you a role in all four movies. At the end you get paid N160,000.
- Only 50 seats available.
- This is a One Time program. After this version, we won’t run it again, because we’ll be producing our movies independently.
- All contributors get added in our official What’s App group.
- Contributors get full details of the program.
- All contributors get back their cash after the marketing of the first movie, regardless if you have acted your movie or waiting for your movie’s turn.
All four movies will be produced within a time frame of 6 months; from January – July 2019. After we are done with the production of one movie, we’ll move to the production of the next one, while the marketing of the finished one is ongoing.
It’s a first come first serve order. The first to contribute acts in the first movie.
Once we have 50 contributors, the contribution opening automatically closes.
NOTE: We don’t need all 50 people to contribute before we begin production. We’ll begin preparations from the first contributor.
If you perform excellently well in your movies, we'll retain you for more movie roles.
If you have no interest in acting, but only to invest or finance the production of a movie for financial gains, please do contact me for discussions.
Do you see this as a great opportunity, the same way I do? Are you in? Do you have questions? Let’s know in the comment box.
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Iykemovies(m): 2:50am On Jan 11|
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Iykemovies(m): 2:56am On Jan 11|
To see my amazing works on facebook & the type of movies you are going to star in, click
If the link above is not clickable, just search for Pinio Studios on Facebook.
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Jewelnutch: 3:09am On Jan 11|
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Iykemovies(m): 3:22am On Jan 11|
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:24am On Jan 11|
Alll the very best in your venture man.
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Iykemovies(m): 6:42am On Jan 11|
One way or the other, my first movie will be produced & released. God has always paved a way for me.
I'm persistent, & this right here is the final step.
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48am On Jan 11|
Iykemovies:God will never leave you nor forsake you in this project.
Just believe in him.
He will come through for you.
Go and Excel!
1 Like 2 Shares
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Iykemovies(m): 7:25am On Jan 11|
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Iykemovies(m): 3:05pm On Jan 12|
The wild, giant talking Ape character in the first movie.
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Datazone(m): 4:18pm On Jan 12|
I must commend you first for idea turned to reality and, for the time you put into this, few who have ventured will understand. However, I want to tell you honestly that your videos is not appealing to the eyes. The colour, texture and what have you doesn't blend and it's somehow contrasty to say the least. Your 3D text is really poor. Your green screen and CG elements don't blend well and it's aching to our eyes. Take a look at other people's work and see the gap with yours. Learn the tools of the trade before opening a studio. If you don't and continue with this reel above, it's gonna be a rough ride o. Improve your work, you can get better
|Re: How To Become A Nollywood Actor In 2019 For Sure. by Iykemovies(m): 11:07pm On Jan 12|
Thanks a plenty.
Much appreciation for the constructive response.
Though you made a few exaggerations bro.
However, in the world of CG, polygon count & high resolution textures are top key for quality.
Top & established coys use top end systems + a mini render farm, to make their designs & compositions, and for longer render times for even more quality.
I used a core 2 duo laptop to make those videos. Picture that.
It's like trying to transport 10 deep freezers with a salon car instead of a truck.
Do you have an idea how difficult it is to achieve awesomeness when you are designing & your system is giving you 5 fps. It's like trying to keep your boat steady on a stormy sea.
Part of what will be generated will be used to acquire a mid range system to achieve the intended quality on this project.
Did I mention I shot all the human scenes with my phone & at my backyard. Didn't have to spend much. They are short movies for samples. The producers I met understood my potentials under the right settings, meaning the right equipment.
If it's not that good, I won't have some producers interested in working with me. The only issue is the right price that will be enough to produce what we can put out in the market.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121