Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS (51937 Views)

Dangote Refinery Installs Largest Single Crude Distillation Column - Pictures / Dangote Install The Largest Single Crude Distillation Column At His Refinery / Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS by deepwater(f): 8:45am On Jan 12, 2019
RealTrump:

Honestly, you know this more than me. I can sense it from your moniker. In my very short time at the downstream, I know that dangote will have a tough time selling his refined oil in Nigeria but there are international markets.

However, you said it will take till 2025. The simple explanation is that his contractors have been instructed by a higher power to slow down the place of work. Sabotage, but he should have for seen that.

Truth is, oil is not going anywhere, it will always be a part of us especially the industries. No country can just shut down oil production, it's not going to happen. It's implications on job creation, GDP tax revenue is just too much.

Do you see oil hitting USD70 per barrel anytime in the next 10years? I don't think so. Those E n P are still making money even at the current price so they keep producing n expanding, no problem. Some countries are already phasing out motorcycle that use petrol, first hand information. Billions of startup dollars us being invested in autonomous driving, autonomous drone delivery all of which are powered by battery tech. Even long haul trucks are powered by battery tech. Do you even know that a company will start testing it's battery powered passenger planes sometimes this year? Those oil companies are very worried about their medium term future because their future no longer lies at the pump station. but I believe they will find a way.

The refinery uncompleted is a window for cheap Forex for Dangote. No business man will close such window quickly and no business man will tell you there is any delay in closing the window.
Simply put, take the opposite of what the business man is telling.

Now to the so called cleaner energy, imagine every individual dealing with battery cells, think about what the environment will be like?

Presently I am working on a personal research to see if the sun as we know it would stand the test of time if the world is powered on solar energy.

While we understand the first law of thermodynamics, there is also a possibility of transfering all the solar energy from space to power the earth, them we shall have longer nights than days and eventually no day at all. While this is just a view, it is also a fear.

My cousin was told not to work for TOTAL in 2010 because of oil was going out of vogue, a polymer industry was proposed instead that was the era of the polymer naira notes. It was like the inthing then.

He refused and went for TOTAL, 9years now every body still they happy. cheesy

Bottom line, enjoy your oil now the next world will find their own

The world is not ready for another great depression, taking out oil now will sky rocket global mass unemployment. In this case, the rich and poor will suffer.

One thing that amuses me is that people think alternative to oil and gas was discovered this millennium undecided

S.h.it has been around all the while, however oil and gas takes the lead

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS by Abortedfetus(m): 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2019
Friend01:

When you don't follow events happening around the world then you will inevitably see things the way you do.
subtle insult.
have u been to the sychell islands.
Re: Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS by Abortedfetus(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2019
propsvila:

Myopic view Even in the next hundred years he can't even make it to top 20.
long-sighted Capone. continue seeing far.
Re: Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS by Abortedfetus(m): 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2019
eliash11:
clown
masquerade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS by Ugosample(m): 1:37am On Jan 13, 2019
Shawnnn01:
He won’t the Saudis have more oil wealth than Nigeria, beta managed economy, beta experts find managers managing their finances and a true ally of the Western, then you have the rich Chinese and the Americans to bet. I don’t see how will upstage those with just the monopoly he enjoys in Nigeria, he needs to be a genius to become the richest man in the would.

which monopoly does Dangote enjoy?

una don start again with this una talk
Re: Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS by Ugosample(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
franchasng:
Dangote has ventured into vehicle assembling already.

He is now the sole assembler of Chinese made Howo Sinotruck trucks in West Africa, his assembling plant is located at Oba Akran Lagos, currently operating as we speak.

He has also ventured into construction, he is the one constructing Apapa road in Lagos as Nigerian Government awarded him the contract already last year.

He will soon venture into banking and retail shopping like Walmart, Shoprite.

Dangote has used his overbearing power and influence in Nigerian government to kill competitors in cement manufacturing sector.

Lafarge one of the largest cement manufacturing plants in Africa has been sold and bought by foreigners more than thrice due to struggling economy as Dangote keep using his government funds to crash cement price in a bid to make it difficult for other cement companies to break even and catch up, hence some struggle to meet up and Dangote keep using every available method to kill his cement business competitors. I speak based on insider info.

In as much as its good for him, it is not too good for a developing nation like Nigeria for one man to wield so much power in virtually all sectors of the economy, in western and developed countries, government will checkmate his excesses using some factors, especially heavy taxation which Nigerian government do give him tax waiver and FOREX waiver still instead of taxing him heavily.

Many average Nigerians will think its cool, but in the long run, it's not good because it will kill competition and monopolize the economy and this will affect industrialization and mass job creation.

Nigeria is really not a working country at all

you guys have started this talk of Dangote killing competition again undecided
Re: Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS by Ugosample(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2019
omonnakoda:

I do not get your logic AT ALL.
$11 billion is being invested without subsidy removal so subsidy removal cannot be the ONLY way

I am sorry but your assertion abouut NO profit is NONSENSE
There are many layers in the oil industry

Crude extraction
Refining
Marketing
They are all quite profitable.
We are buying X litres of petrol today internationally. Are we buying at subsidized rates?
NOOOOOOOOOO
So any investor in refining who produces X litres of petrol in Nigeria can reasonably expect to sell it at what we pay to refiners in the UK currently

A major reason why there is no investment from outsiders is what happened probably before you were born
BP was nationalized by Obasanjo government for political reasons and that reputation lingered

Nothing to do with subsidy

Subsidy comes in at the Post Refinery stage.

Nothing to do with refining and is adifferent segment of the market.
In fact refiners do not have to sell in Nigeria and Dangote may end up not selling most of his product in Nigeria just as he does not have to get his crude from Nigeria

the guy you quoted is right

under the subsidy regime, Dangote can NEVERR make profit

He either exports to other countries where he will get a better price, or the subsidy regime goes.

No sentiment or "patriotism" in business

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
omonnakoda:
Dangote borrowed from World bank? Really

What is the source of al these your "details" please share with us

use google my brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDBJxsa5x4g

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! / My Girlfriend Said I Look Like Femi Otedola, Is This True? / Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.