Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

When Should We Begin To Pray For Revival? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Should We Begin To Pray For Revival? (643 Views)

Buhari Appears On A Church Poster For Revival (photo) / Your Prayers As We Begin The "Ember" Months / Questions You Will Ask Yourself As We Begin Lenting Season - Ash Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should We Begin To Pray For Revival? by oldtime(m): 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2010
I have been somewhat reluctant in posting a topic like this because i am aware that there are several opinion on issues that are man's idea which is not scripture based, i believe in a personal relationship with God and though fellowship is of essence, it also very important to do a heart check of places of fellowship where the Presence of God is felt and seen, Trying hard not to be to spiritual, I would start by saying, I have been greatly dissapointed at modern trend of church association, especially at the manner and style of presentation by the great number of clergymen who claim to be representing Jesus on earth

The issue is, all men jostle for acceptance, fame, Popularity, majoring on the minor and minoring on the major.
The result has been a subtle falling away from the path of righteousness, I have observed how GAS (Gospel according to Satan) has become the order of the day in most big assemblies where you can see Hypocrisy, Vanity and Fantasy
They have dupe the members who themselves are gullible

The Church renown for Holiness are far away from common Love, there seem to be a congregation divided, some big men are making money from doing business around the church, Please answer this question
What is the rationale for the huge rentals paid at DLCC Camp, where people have gathered to recieve from God?
Who is making the money?
For what purpose is the money kept? When member cannot even afford certain need
(Please you can think of that for other Big assemblage also) Please let us not imagine that the monies of the Church is kept for Antichrist

2. What is the business of the Church in Establishing University? Please be sincere
The Missionary made it Free as a strategy top allow the Preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
These days, after the offering of the people have been collected or stolen, the church build a University that the children of members cannot afford
Let me add that it is because there is no Revival, that is why the church is busy in other duty
the Gospel of Jesus Christ is too much a work to leave for Building university
when we become to settled in the world our ambition begin to change because of the competition in the world
The Church has no business with the business of educating the world outside Christ

This Church close their doors to members who want to pray and employ carnal men who are strangers to the common wealth of Israel

There are a lot of issues to be added on the above as it concern routine, stereotype and mechanical worship not backed by the power of the Holy Spirit

Well, I must say they are copying from the Known worldly Churches who are well established in the world
well known by the government
where a Pastor can double as the Vice Chancellor and imposed Laws on mature students on how to live when he should have prayed enough to let the Holy Ghost compel them on lifestyle
OR the Arena which is a Paradise for a once Pilgrim who have become too tired to pray for the return of Jesus rather they busy themselves with Prosperity messages and "I will make it Sermon"

If you understand my Passion,
I am concern for the Lost glory.
The church has accommodated people who should weep to the cross
They Run the church,
They are respected and given Titles
The Pastor have homered men more than they honor God

When should we Pray for Revival,
When Salvation Messages is common and it does not break the heart that Jesus Died
when the Clergy are busy accepting national honor
when Pastor are becoming Aluta when they have the option of Prayer
when the Church is Locked and the Righteous cannot run into it
When humility becomes a poster rather that a visible lifestyle
when we pray and nothing happens
when Universities becomes the Pride of pilgrims
when we have become worldly that it is impossible to differentiate a christian from the world
when BIG daddies cannot leave thier comfort Zones to preach in Northern Cities or Saudi Arabia for fear of death
When we are unwilling to die like martyrs
when the way of the cross which in itself means crucifixion or death is no longer the path that leads home

We need revival
Re: When Should We Begin To Pray For Revival? by Spatta: 2:19pm On Aug 11, 2010
I like the fact that you did not mention names, But it is good to mentions names, I see deeperlife, Winners, and Reedeem Church in your write up
True we need Revival
Re: When Should We Begin To Pray For Revival? by Joagbaje(m): 7:20am On Aug 12, 2010
Romans 14:4
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Don't be a critic. If you don't know the reason why churches do certain things, simply ask them question for clarification . Don't assume you know the motive for their action. It will be a sin if your assumption is wrong.

Take education for instance. With the failing educational system in the nation, bribery, strikes,lack of library , cultism, and lack of education itself in our schools today , you should commend those churches that opened universities. Instead of nigerians running to Ghana to have an education. Pastor chris once said in a youth conference "don't just pass through school, get an education" because many people just pass through schools and did not get education.

The structure of our educational system in Nigeria is making it difficult for people to get proper education. Until we have a visionary minister of education.  Imagine a situation where invigilators for WAEC write answer on the blackboard for students! After making them pay certain amount of money. I have met people with good credits in GCE and WAEC who can not write their name! How did they pass waec?

If you want to pray for revival, pray, but make sure your prayer includes thanksgiving for those churches who were visionary enough to cone up with a plan to restore standard in education.

The idea of A church opening school may not be free school, but to restore standard of learning.
Re: When Should We Begin To Pray For Revival? by oldtime(m): 7:44am On Aug 16, 2010
@Joagbaje
We are prone to misapplication of scriptures in defense or defiance, one of the most misapplied scripture is “Judge not, that ye be not judged, For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again” here we often refer to an act of condemning any improper behavior or misdeed,
The application is that, do not judge people by the standard that you fall short of
For example, when I Drink pure water and throw the sachet on the street, I do not have the moral standing to correct another man who does the same, but if I don’t, I can tell others that the act is wrong or make them face the consequence of their action
There is a thin line between error and truth and most times we do not observe the signpost, a lot of things done by churches today were left unchecked and no one spoke to condemn the errors
For instance 1 Corinthian 5: 1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
We forget that Jesus himself when he said Woe unto you scribes and Pharisee hypocrites, that was displaying an authoritative type of judgment on the evil at the time
If you have a good understanding of 2 Timothy 2;4 , No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that
he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. , you will know that just the way you don’t expect soldiers to sell yam in the market while on uniform, or a Police to sell meat while on uniform, A True Pastor is not expected to engage in other activities that will not propagate the Gospel of the Lord Jesus
Re: When Should We Begin To Pray For Revival? by Joagbaje(m): 7:47am On Aug 17, 2010
oldtime:

@Joagbaje
We are prone to misapplication of scriptures in defense or defiance, one of the most misapplied scripture is “Judge not, that ye be not judged, For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again” here we often refer to an act of condemning any improper behavior or misdeed,
The application is that, do not judge people by the standard that you fall short of
For example, when I Drink pure water and throw the sachet on the street, I do not have the moral standing to correct another man who does the same, but if I don’t, I can tell others that the act is wrong or make them face the consequence of their action
There is a thin line between error and truth and most times we do not observe the signpost, a lot of things done by churches today were left unchecked and no one spoke to condemn the errors
For instance 1 Corinthian 5:  1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
We forget that Jesus himself when he said Woe unto you scribes and Pharisee hypocrites, that was displaying an authoritative type of judgment on the evil at the time
If you have a good understanding of 2 Timothy 2;4  ,  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that
he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. ,   you will know that just the way you don’t expect soldiers to sell yam in the market while on uniform, or a Police to sell meat while on uniform, A True Pastor is not expected to engage in other activities that will not propagate the Gospel of the Lord Jesus 

The issue of moral standard  was only a warning as a consequence of judging. He was saying if you continue to judge others , you will reap what you sow. Spiritual hammer will follow you, if you should make a mistake, the hammer will land on you without mercy.The word of God has always condemned judging. Because every judging is a condemnation of others. 

Luke 6:37-38
37* Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

It is God that knows mans heart and intention. The men of God you're condemning , you didn't know their heart, you are not in the place of God to judge men's intention. You are not God. You only judged them by what you see physically, there is a biblical way to judge. We judge according to truth.but you judged according to appearance.

John 7:24
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment

Romans 14:13
13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in[ his] brother's way

Romans 14:4
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand

Jesus had said that before you judge a man, you ought to have given him room to defend himself. Because you don't know his motive. You find your self sinning against God by judging and you set a trap for yourself.
Re: When Should We Begin To Pray For Revival? by vivaladiva(f): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2010
u already got a revival, that is wat is responsible for the religious lunacy gripping the nigerian pips, wat ur behind needs is a social revolution and mental evolution

(1) (Reply)

First Part - The Mystery Of Creation / This Is Your Appointed Time- Pastor E. A Adeboye / What Is The Work Of Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.