Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Does The Role Of A Parent/guardian Stop After Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does The Role Of A Parent/guardian Stop After Education (195 Views)

A School Teacher Did This To Your Son,as A Parent What Is Your Next Move ? / What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? / What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Role Of A Parent/guardian Stop After Education by ebuka10box(m): 10:04am On Jan 11, 2019
I thought about this topic and decided to share your views and opinion. Most parents and guardians feel they have done more than enough when the child is out of school(graduate),so they leave the child to fend for himself /herself. This is very wrong and parents should please have plans for their children after university life. The educational system here in Nigeria is dead,nowadays skill and talent pays more than education. Parents should never compare their era with ours cause you can't compare the labour force in the 90's and now .There were many vacant jobs back then ,even heard of tea workers back then who are senior staffs in prolific companies right now . Have you ever asked yourself why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer , planning is the answer. These rich ones while in position pave way for their children while in office and make other means for their children to meet up in life. Never feel proud to help your child even if it means begging where help is gonna come from. I have seen a dad who came begging my boss on behalf of his son and his son definitely got a spot. In the Nigerian society ,there is noting like man-up except you want your child to join a gang or the yahoo squad. Past years ,the rate of rituals,yahoo,corruption and depression wasn't high cause we felt things were a lot easier and the labour force wasn't much but right now there are many graduates who are depressed and really wished their parents left something in stock for them. Education doesn't make a man,it's an opportunity to make a man. Don't leave that child hanging ,show the child the way and it doesn't stop at educational financing. We are Africans and we believe in the 'God Go Do Am'syndrome,God won't do anything if you dont show working . If Uche had a miracle job if miracle jobs really exist,you and Uche carry different grace . To all the job seekers out there,it's gonna be fine and parents don't abuse your child if he or she hasn't arrived . Make life sweeter for that child!!!! Insults are accepted sha!!!
Re: Does The Role Of A Parent/guardian Stop After Education by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2019
Children of nowadays are the ones that let their parents handsoff..with the mentality "I'm now an adult..I can chose and do what I want"...chose and get job urself naa
U can't have it both ways...u want to use Ur parents as far as u like. U want them to be part of u life only when it suits u and u are benefitting...thats how we make most of them feel... They should help u till u get jobs, set u up in business....
but when they say dont marry this person, or live here, or relocate there, or do this, u will say no!...I'm old enuf....and u were not old enuf to get job by urself and put urself try school..... Una don graduate..some people no even see parent help them graduate..abeg!!!leave parents alone let them enjoy their life too...

(1) (Reply)

Goodnews For All Parents/guardians, Teachers And Leaders / Phillipines Admissions Process / Admission Into Affordable Universities In The Philippines And Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.