Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi (1286 Views)

Reps To Get N10m Each Out Of N18m Allowances / Reward Amaechi’s Courageous Support, Northern Community Tells Buhari / Army Arrest 50 Fleeing Terrorists In Borno Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by kufreabasi(m): 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2010
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/11/arrest-50-kidnappers-get-n10m-reward-%e2%80%94-amaechi/
PORTHARCOURT — TO stem the wave of kidnapping and other related crime in Omuma Local Government Area, a border council between Rivers and Abia States, Governor Chibuike Amaechi has called on people of the council to arrest 50 kidnappers in their midst and get N10 million reward. He said if they are able to apprehend 30 kidnappers, they will get N2 million.
The Governor said they should collaborate with security operatives in this task. The area is notorious for kidnapping and other related crime. Governor Amaechi assured that more security operatives would be deployed to the area to assist in smoking out the hoodlums from their hideouts.

He advised the people to move from house to house in the area to identify the criminals in their midst and hand them over to law enforcement agents.

The Governor, who lamented that the wave of crime in the area had stalled government projects, also advised the people to come up with a name to fill the vacant traditional stool of Onye Isi Agwuru.

He said the state government will not interfere with the process.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by kufreabasi(m): 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2010
I guess this another way where innocent peoples shall molested and abused.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2010
This is just crazy, now, people will even be presenting their own bros and sister to collect 200K Naira per head.
What would be the yardstick for the arrest and how will the investigation be carried out.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by philip0906(m): 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2010
TO stem the wave of kidnapping and other related crime in Omuma Local Government Area, a border council between Rivers and Abia States, Governor Chibuike Amaechi has called on people of the council to arrest 50 kidnappers in their midst and get N10 million reward. He said if they are able to apprehend 30 kidnappers, they will get N2 million.
ol boy,u go fear na. . .kidnappers go begin dey nab common man collect him share,waka go another area. . . grin grin
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by EzeUche22(m): 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2010
What? shocked

Well if Abia implement this, I know a few Ngwa boys I can make money off of.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by honeric01(m): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

This is just crazy, now, people will even be presenting their own bros and sister to collect 200K Naira per head.
What would be the yardstick for the arrest and how will the investigation be carried out.

Why would they present their own bros when they know that it's going to be a death sentence to any kidnapper caught? who would do that to his or her brother for common 200k?
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2010
wow, now this is just desperate lol.

what if neighbors kidnap their enemies and clain to the police that the enemies are kidnappers just to get the rewards? ppl will do anything for money
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

Why would they present their own bros when they know that it's going to be a death sentence to any kidnapper caught? who would do that to his or her brother for common 200k?

You are really underestimating what Nigerians could do for money.
Even a father will give up his own pikin for the money to deck his uncompleted building.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Pennywise(m): 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2010
Waow. I like that. Kidnapping the kidnappers
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2010
EzeUche22:

What?  shocked

Well if Abia implement this, I know a few Ngwa boys I can make money off of.

Lol . . .  Someone might have their eyes on you too
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2010
Pennywise:

Waow. I like that. Kidnapping the kidnappers

Only if they end up kidnapping the right people and not innocent being used to make fast 200K
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by honeric01(m): 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Even a father will give up his own pikin for the money to deck his uncompleted building.

So u mean some southerners can do anything for money including trading their kids/relatives for a mere 200k per head to rot and die in Nigerian prisons?
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I know you are likely right, but I hope this does not go horribly wrong.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

So u mean some southerners can do anything for money including trading their kids/relatives for a mere 200k per head to rot and die in Nigerian prisons?
lol you're swinging on a thin thread.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by philip0906(m): 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

he said southerners not easterners
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by blacksta(m): 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2010
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by honeric01(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Hehehehe, stop that joor grin

philip0906:

We are all Nigerians right? undecided tongue grin
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2010
philip0906:

I don't think that is what she meant there. She probably meant the presented logic itself betrays the @Poster's reasoning.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Gekko(m): 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2010
This is just some downright crass thinking from the governor.  It reeks of desperation and lack of forethought.  is he is encouraging private citizens to risk their lives in the attempt of apprehending hardened criminals?  

if anything he should offer reward towards credible information that leads to the apprehension of these criminals while keeping citizens identities anonymous.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Fhemmmy: 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

The last time i checked, i said, Nigerians, not of any particular tribe.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nice one
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by honeric01(m): 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

The last time i checked, i said, Nigerians, not of any particular tribe.

Either did i, or did you see me mention any? why are you so fret? tongue
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

Either did i, or did you see me mention any? why are you so fret? tongue
Because this is politics where ppl are too ready to display their idiocy/insecurity.

Kobojunkie:

I don't think that is what she meant there. She probably meant the presented logic itself betrays the @Poster's reasoning.
mucha  gracias. bien merci!
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by honeric01(m): 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Because this is politics where ppl are too ready to display their idiocy/insecurity.

ehehehehe grin grin grin

BTW, you type like an old member of NL, are you gators? undecided
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

ehehehehe grin grin grin

BTW, you type like an old member of NL, are you gators? undecided

my oh my, I've got so many stalkers on my cutely shaped azz tongue cheesy
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by Fhemmmy: 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2010
Getting more interesting
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by EzeUche22(m): 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2010
There is nothing like JUNGLE JUSTICE. That is what we need. Our police are inept so it is high time we took justice into our own hands.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by bkbabe97y(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

Seems u never ran across an Ibo man in ur life. . . . .
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by misterh(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2010
I don't think this is the best way to go about arresting kidnappers. People will start suspecting their neighbours unnecessarily.
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by honeric01(m): 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

my oh my, I've got so many stalkers on my cutely shaped azz tongue cheesy

Stalk you? that is an insult to my username. angry

Sorry i bothered to take notice.

bk.babe97y:

Seems u never ran across an Ibo man in your life. . . . .

Can you stop coming on the internet without your brain?
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by bkbabe97y(m): 3:15am On Aug 12, 2010
honeric01:

Can you stop coming on the internet without your brain?

Can Ibos stop doing everything for money?
Re: Arrest 50 Kidnappers Get N10m Reward — Amaechi by honeric01(m): 10:23am On Aug 12, 2010
^^^^

maybe after they sell you a brain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Corruption Of The Nigerian Political Process, Now In Full Swing / Jonathan - Africa's Only Hope, Says International Analyst. / Buhari ,buharism, And Buharinomics Part3: The Man And His Methods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.