Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home (55319 Views)

Osinbajo Wins Polling Unit, Egunrege Ikenne, For Tinubu / VP Osinbajo Arrives Ikenne, Ogun State Ahead Of Elections / Osinbajo Inspects Maiden Landing Of Cargo Plane In Ikenne, Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 12, 2019
Very unkempt!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by olasaad(f): 8:29am On Jan 12, 2019
AmuDimkpa:

I thought he was rich.

What is the source of his wealth?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by olasaad(f): 8:32am On Jan 12, 2019
Rednaxelot:
And what is the wealth in buying this kinda car?

Base on the position he occupied, if he was that corrupt, he would have more than this Benz as private car, being a former minority leader and commissioner for finance.

That's my point
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by mu2sa2: 8:42am On Jan 12, 2019
Denn:
The car is not being properly maintained despite its unique history.

It is showing signs of serious rust. I doubt if the engine is in good shape at the moment.

The car should be restored urgently to prevent it going into a rusty end in few decades.
It looks as if it has zero maintenance - it's just parked there to rust away. As a people, we have a poor sense of history, that's why you see anomalies like this quite often.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by Mynightmare: 9:16am On Jan 12, 2019
sarrki:

Nigeria itself wasn’t maintained

If not for the present government
Are u normal?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by gare(f): 9:17am On Jan 12, 2019
NaijautoDotCom:
In Nigeria, Obafemi Awolowo – “Leader of the Yorubas” needs no introduction indeed. This nationalist and political leader took an extremely important part in our country’s quest for independence and hold important functions in the machinery of the state. Most of the progressive social legislation making our country a modern country is credited to Awolowo. In fact, on three occasions, he made attempts at the presidency Federal Republic of Nigeria. Obafemi Awolowo died at the age of 78 at his Ikenne home in 1987.

Obafemi Awolowo took an extremely important part in our country’s quest for independence
To pay tribute to his life and work, the Efunyela Hall, part of his Ikenne home, was made a museum which was commissioned by his widow in 1989. Particularly, an 8-seat grey Mercedes-Benz 230.6 is shown off in the museum. Obafemi Awolowo's Mercedes-Benz, which was purchased in 1970, was driven by him to travel across the country during his presidential campaign in 1979 and 1983. Now, peep at it!

https://naijauto.com/market-news/behold-obafemi-awolowos-mercedes-benz-2306-in-his-ikenne-home-555

Saw this Benz when I visited his residence during my service year
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by hundredrivas(m): 9:33am On Jan 12, 2019
I think say na obafemi martins mercedes lol
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by BabaO2: 9:37am On Jan 12, 2019
olasaad:
And they will tell us this people were our heroes, are they not corrupt too? Abi somebody should tell us were Baba got his wealth from shocked
Everybody is not lazy ...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by fortune1968: 9:43am On Jan 12, 2019
Mopolchi:
Fayose is greater than Awolowo. That's an indubitable fact.
These days , reasonable people no longer argue with a fool .
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by safetyInspector(m): 9:47am On Jan 12, 2019
Really? this is coming from you that judge others with the same yardstick. Oh I remember he is not from the other part of the country hence it becomes a proceed of corruption.
sarrki:

Don’t allow poverty to take over your reasoning

Using a car or living a good life is not living a ravaged life before you can become saint

You need reawakening mind as soon as possible
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by CoolAmbience(m): 10:18am On Jan 12, 2019
Ojiofor:

What is been maintained in this archaic administration?

1. The rails i.e. Itakpe-Warri, Abuja-Kaduna etc.

2. Roads i.e Sagamu-Ore, Abuja-Lokoja-Auchi, Oyo-Ogbomoso, Ilorin-Mokwa-Jebba, Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-Okigwe-Port Harcourt, Kano Bye Pass etc.

3. Aviation i.e Port Harcourt International Airport, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Murtala Muhammed International Airport etc.

4. Revitalisation of fertilizer blending (more than 10 blending plants have been revitalized bringing cost from N10,000 to N5,500 per bag). You want names?

5. The Anchor Borrower's policy revamped existing and created new rice mills; more than 10 mechanized rice mills were established in the last three years. You want names?

6. Optimizing and enhancing efficiency and transparency of revenue generating agencies i.e FIRS collected over N5trillion in 2019. Assignment: Find out what Customs, Immigration, JAMB etc received last year.

7. Foreign exchange sits at over $42billion from less than $30billion in 2015, despite significant drop in government revenue.

8. Revamp of the agriculture sector i.e rice importation dropped by more than 80% in three years. What do you think is responsible for Nigeria's trade surplus of about N400billion? Oh, that may be too much for you, kpele!

9. Want to learn about the Energizing Economies Initiatives? Thousands of traders at the Sabon Gari market in Kano, Sura Shopping Complex in Lagos Island, Ariaria Market in Aba are beneficaries.....etc.

10. No single state in Nigeria has less than 5,000 beneficiaries in the Npower programme. I won't talk of School Feeding Programme and the over 60,000 women recruited to prepare meals for the millions of pupils in public primary schools. What are the impacts of these daily foodstuff purchases i.e eggs, meat, rice, yam, onions, pepper, tomatoes, vegetables, beans etc, to our local market women and farmers?

11. Let me not speak of bridge maintenance and constructions i.e 2nd Niger Bridge, maintenance works on the Third Mainland Bridge, completion of the Loko-Oweto Bridge linking Nassarawa and Benue states etc. Do you even travel at all?

12. Feel free to ask for more......
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by miqos02(m): 10:25am On Jan 12, 2019
olasaad:
And they will tell us this people were our heroes, are they not corrupt too? Abi somebody should tell us were Baba got his wealth from shocked
that baba was a big man oh, he has a lot of stakes in coca cola Nigeria plc
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by legba1(m): 10:25am On Jan 12, 2019
Chizuru01:
Do you mean our Amiable Ambassador?

Onye ọgwụ oke

Let me skool you a bit iPod pig....your two heroes ran away.....that's a cowardly thing to do....in Yoruba land, the elders will tell you "iku ya ju esin lo".. If your assertion about awolowo committing suicide is true, then I respect him more...at least he escape the ridicule...only brave hearts do that...ojukwu and kanu your heros are cowards who knows how to run....and same is noticeable in all you lots...when the yorubas played opposition for so long, we gave you and your masters the hausas fulani serious headaches..now your turn to play opposition, you are playing the victims card...awon ode gbogbp

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by ethankareem(m): 10:34am On Jan 12, 2019
olasaad:
cocoa
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 12, 2019
Mopolchi:
Fayose is greater than Awolowo. That's an indubitable fact.
Namdi Kanu is greater than Azikiwe and Ojukwu combine. Kiss d truth

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 12, 2019
olasaad:
God punish poverty in ur life undecided
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by AutoReportNG: 11:08am On Jan 12, 2019
NaijautoDotCom:
In Nigeria, Obafemi Awolowo – “Leader of the Yorubas” needs no introduction indeed. This nationalist and political leader took an extremely important part in our country’s quest for independence and hold important functions in the machinery of the state. Most of the progressive social legislation making our country a modern country is credited to Awolowo. In fact, on three occasions, he made attempts at the presidency Federal Republic of Nigeria. Obafemi Awolowo died at the age of 78 at his Ikenne home in 1987.

Obafemi Awolowo took an extremely important part in our country’s quest for independence
To pay tribute to his life and work, the Efunyela Hall, part of his Ikenne home, was made a museum which was commissioned by his widow in 1989. Particularly, an 8-seat grey Mercedes-Benz 230.6 is shown off in the museum. Obafemi Awolowo's Mercedes-Benz, which was purchased in 1970, was driven by him to travel across the country during his presidential campaign in 1979 and 1983. Now, peep at it!

https://naijauto.com/market-news/behold-obafemi-awolowos-mercedes-benz-2306-in-his-ikenne-home-555

Please whoever knows the owner of NaijAuto.com and its subsidiaries, please help me to warn the company to reply to my mail or they forfeit our agreement, one of their rep sent me a mail last year about content marketing and after I have sent in all my data and info, they refused to reply, now all my info and data are with them and yet, they refuse to reply, I tried all the numbers on their page, no one is going, I learnt an Indian firm own the company.

Please if you know them, tell them to reply to mail before we make it a legal issue.

Thank you
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by Ojiofor: 11:25am On Jan 12, 2019
CoolAmbience:

1. The rails i.e. Itakpe-Warri, Abuja-Kaduna etc.

2. Roads i.e Sagamu-Ore, Abuja-Lokoja-Auchi, Oyo-Ogbomoso, Ilorin-Mokwa-Jebba, Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-Okigwe-Port Harcourt, Kano Bye Pass etc.

3. Aviation i.e Port Harcourt International Airport, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Murtala Muhammed International Airport etc.

4. Revitalisation of fertilizer blending (more than 10 blending plants have been revitalized bringing cost from N10,000 to N5,500 per bag). You want names?

5. The Anchor Borrower's policy revamped existing and created new rice mills; more than 10 mechanized rice mills were established in the last three years. You want names?

6. Optimizing and enhancing efficiency and transparency of revenue generating agencies i.e FIRS collected over N5trillion in 2019. Assignment: Find out what Customs, Immigration, JAMB etc received last year.

7. Foreign exchange sits at over $42billion from less than $30billion in 2015, despite significant drop in government revenue.

8. Revamp of the agriculture sector i.e rice importation dropped by more than 80% in three years. What do you think is responsible for Nigeria's trade surplus of about N400billion? Oh, that may be too much for you, kpele!

9. Want to learn about the Energizing Economies Initiatives? Thousands of traders at the Sabon Gari market in Kano, Sura Shopping Complex in Lagos Island, Ariaria Market in Aba are beneficaries.....etc.

10. No single state in Nigeria has less than 5,000 beneficiaries in the Npower programme. I won't talk of School Feeding Programme and the over 60,000 women recruited to prepare meals for the millions of pupils in public primary schools. What are the impacts of these daily foodstuff purchases i.e eggs, meat, rice, yam, onions, pepper, tomatoes, vegetables, beans etc, to our local market women and farmers?

11. Let me not speak of bridge maintenance and constructions i.e 2nd Niger Bridge, maintenance works on the Third Mainland Bridge, completion of the Loko-Oweto Bridge linking Nassarawa and Benue states etc. Do you even travel at all?

12. Feel free to ask for more......

All the things you listed are mostly on paper,they are non existent unless South East where I am presently is not part of Nigeria.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by tunjijones(m): 11:45am On Jan 12, 2019
Truth be told awolowo is not the saint everyone think he is.

He contributed to the first civil war.

Awolowo, gowon and ojukwu were all greedy. Greed for oil. That was the major cause of the civil war
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by kokomilala(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2019
@olasad,are u sure you know your history? For those of us who are in our second generation, and who always go through the pages of history, Awo was, still is the finest across generations.
He was a populist.He was people oriented, always seeking how to better the fortunes of the masses.Please, read his book ,The People's Republic.
By 1986,Liberty Stadium was ready ;the first TV station in Africa was established in Ibadan.In 1964,400,000 pupils were inducted into the Universal Free Education scheme ...and so much more.So,what are you talking about? Because he was using a Benz spec then?Does that invalidate his populism or service to humanity?
Which of the herd of the accidents of history we call leaders today can match the least of Awo's achievements?
Please, read your history to be able to come to grips with the intersection between past and present.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by LordCenturion(m): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2019
olasaad:

@ Rednaxelot @ sarrki
Don't mind her,she is a woman, most of them don't think before they talk or do something, that's why I don't argue with ladies..
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by Adebowale89(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2019
Chizuru01:
Do you mean our Amiable Ambassador?

Onye ọgwụ oke

no we mean the clown parading himself as hero running to abdijan a whole major general disguising like a lady to leave his brainless followers

many people think the dumb Igbo we learn from it, only for them to fall for another clown parading himself Jesus and saviour of Igbo Jews. Igbo should be ashamed to make mockery of a man that;

established the first TV station in Nigeria

established the first institution in Nigeria

the first to implement free education and free health care in Nigeria

Nigerians own him a lots and Yoruba own him more

I pushed the question to you, what has Igbo leaders done to any Igbo man to be referred as hero?

the nemesis of Nigeria started from your kinsmen disintegrating a regional politics to central one just for his selfish interest . you Igbo are just one useless thing to happen to Nigeria, I blamed Nigeria army for not flushing you people out totally during the civil war

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by delpee(f): 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2019
olasaad:

Apart from politics, he was a practising lawyer.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by ddooskie(m): 12:41pm On Jan 12, 2019
The car should be kept in a proper museum where necessary maintenance would be carried out on it periodically or given to the traditional ruler of his home (the Emir of Kano has a vintage Rolls-Royce he inherited) or they should sell to just anyone that believes in Awo's legacy.

This vintage car should not be allowed to rot away like that; a Benz for that matter.

I drove a family friend's Benz C200 flatboot (those old model called Regular Benz that reigned during the era of V-boot) throughout 2016 and I love the car's performance even prefer it to the Camry pencil light we had at that time(the only edge the Camry has is the A. C), I begged the man to sell it to me but said he's keeping it despite having newer cars...maybe he's keeping it cuz he took possession of the car when his dad died.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by mechanics(m): 12:41pm On Jan 12, 2019
dollytino4real:
abeg they should auction it a billions becos d other time I heard of common guitar dat is not big as Benz was auctioned millions of dollars
hahahaha, no one will spend his money here in Nigeria just like that.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by AFONJACOW(m): 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2019
AWOLOWO is a tribalist
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by InvestorAA(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2019
With this trick you can secure $30 daily min without having any experience after reading this free pdf. message me on whatsapp to get it FREE.

Fiverr lists more than three million services on the site that range between $5 and $500. With this trick you can secure $30 daily after reading this free pdf. message me on whatsapp to get it FREE. check signaturee to contkact me..
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by dollytino4real(f): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2019
mechanics:
hahahaha, no one will spend his money here in Nigeria just like that.
a trial convince us
Re: Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home by Orpe7(m): 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2019
Dem for try spray am keep am in shape na
Or an air tight place cus of corrosion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / EFCC To Reopen 14 Former Governors’ Corruption Cases / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets President Tinubu In Paris (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.