Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets (9226 Views)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? / PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Ibomade1: 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2010
Here we go again.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by amirize(m): 1:10am On Aug 14, 2010
Life go tire that good luck abi na wetin una call am, people go just enter govt. start behave any how
I no no wether e get one demon wey de make them loose common sense when they enter power,

in short may God forgive all of them, spend money any how they like instead of thinkin how dey go take better the nation.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by chelseabmw(m): 2:23am On Aug 14, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Dereal1(m): 6:52am On Aug 14, 2010
Hi,
I think it's a crazy to buy more presidential jet this time around when Nigerians are suffering.No good roads,no electricity,no good health care,etc.But if they choose to buy it nothing we can do about it.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Hussain555(m): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2010
@ shesi,
i'm wit u! I don't think we need to wait for people to join this cause. If there is anything possible like persuading these repentant Militants of ND and some oda folks who are ready to free Nigeria at any cost. Chai! Wish I had a Muttalab on my side to attend a social meeting with some Governors and if possible, present and past Presidents and he wud just open himself up and go BOOM!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Hussain555(m): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2010
@ shesi,
i'm wit u! I don't think we need to wait for people to join this cause. If there is anything possible like persuading these repentant Militants of ND and some oda folks who are ready to free Nigeria at any cost. Chai! Wish I had a Muttalab on my side to attend a social meeting with some Governors and if possible, present and past Presidents and he wud just open himself up and go BOOM!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by misterh(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2010
shesi:

WTF people of Nigeria ARISE.

how the herlll can an impoverised country like Nigeria justify a $150mil presidential jet. to go where? ridiculous.

i swear if nigeria is the same miserable country it is now in 5 years, i myself will lead a revolution. i will organize it so well they won't know what hit em. they will wake up one morning and find they're all prisoners on the run.

who's with me -

i think it's time to start building ranks for the time that shall surely be.
thumps up if you're ready to stand up. men or women.
I support you.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by egu(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2010
The president has been given a wrong advise. Spending such huge sum of money at this trying period is a minus on his credibility. I did not expect him to fall into a trap like this. But he still remains my man.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by monkeyleg: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2010
@egu, the president is a damn fool if he got this sort of advice and acted on the wrong side. Listen folks, we have the sort of government we deserve, because Nigerians are not prepared to do what it takes to move the country forward. All this rubbish talk we keep doing on here is really begining to tire me. Nigerians talk too much and act little. Where are the unions and the good folks of Nigeria who should be opposing this rubbish.

From day one, I never layed much faith on Jonathan, he never tsruck me as someone who knew how to wipe his bottom clean let alone lead a country, especially one so disfunctional as Nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by egu(m): 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2010
I believe it will be right to give this young man the benefit of doubt rather than allow the spent forces masquerading themselves as our future presidents. On the issue that we deserve the leadership we have,you are very right. We dont sustain a struggle that we sincerely believe in. We have given them too many chances. But jaw jaw we must,at least,it help sometimes.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Gbawe: 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2010
egu:

The president has been given a wrong advise. Spending such huge sum of money at this trying period is a minus on his credibility. I did not expect him to fall into a trap like this. But he still remains my man.

Wake up . No one has adviced Jonathan wrongly. He is now consumed by greed and an inordinate desire for power. OBJ attempted to loot everything that was lootable to actualise third term. This was ony a few years ago.  We are seeing the same desperation of third term with Jonathan's frenzied spending.

Anyone that thinks all the billions of dollars suddenly  being approved under Jonathan is for the improvement of Nigeria is a naive fool totally ignorant of history. Jonathan has the "usual suspects" (OBJ, Aondoakaa, Anenih, Danjuma, et al) in his corner and we are now to believe that , with such ruinous supporters ,  Mr.President wants the best for Nigeria?

Nigeria/Nigerians wake up .
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by monkeyleg: 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2010
@egu,

Listen my bro, Nigeria is not in a state that we start giving leaders massive leeway. The country is in serious melt down, and the what we get is a president, worse than a kid in a candy store. If he has proper thoughts in his head, he would not have bought those planes. Pure and simple, Nigeria cannot afford 3 presidential jets. What happened to the ones that were bought in 1999, 2006. Anyone that understands aviation, knows that a planes lifespans is normally between 25-30yrs, in the aviation industry the old planes are still considered new. But mr President does not know that

Someone has probably told him that he has the keys to the treasure chest, why not spend as you like, na u be oga, Nigerians no go talk. And as usual we dont. Where is the opposition, Buhari, Ibb, Atiku, all them Phucking bastards should be shouting foul, but no they are not, cos they know they will do the same. where are the trade unions? where is AC? this is what oppositions do, they challenge the government in power when they stray, and GJ and his band of robber have strayed big time, but as usual We Nigerians go siddon dey look.

We really have the gorvenment we deserve, so I think we should all stop complaining and suck it up
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by blackboi(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2010
$150 million divide by 100 million hungry Nigerians

oloshi people, shey na jet matter dey ground now? embarassed

mad leaders sad
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by odumchi: 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2010
What a Sad venture.

The gov't spending millions of $ to buy planes for people who's election circumstances are questionable.

$150,OOO,000 no be N3O billion?? The average hard working Nigerian earns N6O,OOO a year which is only $600 not even enough to buy a computer on which to visit this site.

An example of corruption angry
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by odumchi: 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2010
Shesi I am personally supporting you!

Which kind wahalla be dis Everybody calls us the giant of Africa, but wen the oga's son grows up he sends him to Ghana to read! We no get light, no job, no rest of mind!
Come 2 think off it who sed 150million ppl must be trapped in that country

It is time for Nigeria to split NOW!!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by watsoncars(m): 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2010
nigerian, lets hold the bull by the horn, are our leaders justifed for their spend. what is d reason for three jets at a time when millions of nigeria can not have two sq of meal talkless of three, millions do not have houses to live in n our leaders are busy buying jets. do they intend to have a convoy of jets in the air. Good Lord pls help us. think nigerians think
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2010
Them dey enjoy sha grin

Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by damilola15: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2010
Estimation of Nigerian population = 150m
Divide "jet money" by 150m = $1
Population contributes their $1 and invest it wisely = Investment that keeps growing(month/yearly profit.)

Use $150m for jet = cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by kreem7(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2010
With better planning they can get to their destinations well in time with scheduled fligh. lol cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Ricardosan(m): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2010
coolme na Don kool,i believe everyone should go about their business.
I have gone past the level of discussing and shouting like God forbid those men around newspaper stands at bus stops,cause thats where it all stops,the man at the center cant hear u.
If his idea of stimulating an Economy is buying jets,its all good.
But,they ought to be smarter than this,tell me u need money for Election and not a jet,same way the Hon and house Reps members came forward with their own proposal for increment in allowances and yet they can only sign off on N17k as minimum wage.
I shall continue to source for alternative power for my business and home,but altimately i go carry my Ghana must go Enter Ghana-at least there is some semblance of order and direction.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by shoboy9: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2010
What exactly is the point of this thread? To tell us that our leaders are acting like depraved egoists? or that the leadership is corrupt? Is there anyone left who doesn't know that? It is a very world, but I don't see what any one has to gain in repeating what has been said severally. It is not crying about a problem that makes one a man or a leader but solutions.

Are there any solutions to offer? If not, please consider the ostrich. It can excused for trying to avoid problems by burying its head in sand, but I doubt if fate will be so merciful to any of us. Have a great day.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Hussain555(m): 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2010
Come on guys!
Instead of all these 'shesi, I support u', why don't we organize something like some REVOLUTION or at least, MILITANCY in all geo political zones of Nigeria.
At least, the ND militants got what they wanted for their region.

For me, I'm in Kwara State and I, along with some other people can start by KILLING SARAKI and all available family members to at least, wipe out Godfatherism.
After peace and right reasoning has been downloaded and installed into the brains of other Kwarans, then I can proceed to other states.
Walai, I wish I had access to Guns and other weapons, those who have, I'll be glad to do biz wit u!
NAIJA GO BETTA WIT REVOLUTION, MASSACRE OF ALL NECCESSARY LEADERS, BUT THIS CAN'T BE ACHIEVED BY ONE MAN!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Hussain555(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2010
Come on guys!
Instead of all these 'shesi, I support u', why don't we organize something like some REVOLUTION or at least, MILITANCY in all geo political zones of Nigeria.
At least, the ND militants got what they wanted for their region.

For me, I'm in Kwara State and I, along with some other people can start by KILLING SARAKI and all available family members to at least, wipe out Godfatherism.
After peace and right reasoning has been downloaded and installed into the brains of other Kwarans, then I can proceed to other states.
Walai, I wish I had access to Guns and other weapons, those who have, I'll be glad to do biz wit u!
NAIJA GO BETTA WIT REVOLUTION, MASSACRE OF ALL NECCESSARY LEADERS, BUT THIS CAN'T BE ACHIEVED BY ONE MAN!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Remii(m): 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2010
@Hussain555, pele pele to owo e fa
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Hussain555(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2010
@ Remi,
Nijja mattaz dey blaze in me.
Dis recent clashes btw Nijja n Ghana dey spice am up. Haha! GHANA n NIJJA, lati bo si bo?!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by Jencejyde(m): 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2010
hahahahah, Naija my country, how i weep. and yet people here were condemning Fashola who sent 42 kids for LEADERSHIP trainig in South Africa.

Can we see our leadership in action? can we see?, !50 million dollars for jet at this time!@#$ WTF  have they ever considered giving every Nigerian just 100 thousand naira

Hahahahah, again i say it and will continue to say it, Until we get it right, the smaller countries in Africa will continue to disrespect us and grow ahead of us. Something that should not be, what a mess we have put ourselves in, Well i'm also in support of a revolution

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by arambada(m): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2010
;DJust to make the presidential campaign an easy task, 
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by millinmax2(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2010
This Good luck Na reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal bad luck, And if care is not taken by next year he would get him self a presidential mega Yatch in case of they wanted to celebrate an event.My people she Na like this we go DE DE ??

We really need God intervention in this our country or else poor people will die of hunger and nobody go look back see them either, smiley kiss cry
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by millinmax2(m): 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2010
Again them wan fight jet worth of 21bn for air port whey no cost reach Half money whey them take buy plane, this is incredible in fact this country is something else and our leader are just , [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]In fact I reserve my comment[/font]
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by alldone(m): 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2010
The president needs to be comfortable pls. with what happen via uganda let him buy the plane.
it may not be as expensive as OBJ plane.Afterall the money is there before some looters will come for it.
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by viclee009: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
how much of $150million goes for kick backs grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets by lifecentre: 7:34am On Aug 18, 2010
Life-Centre Aberdeen has made information and the people available to you all in one place. It is the heart of information for students from all over the world with the intention of studying in Aberdeen, presently residing here or have been here and left with very interesting stories to tell and strong bonds to keep with friends.
The life-centre Aberdeen is a forum where students can access any form of valuable information as regards comfortable living experience in Aberdeen.
Check out the website and get valuable information www.lifecentreaberdeen.org , It is a great honor to welcome the New student to the Granite City, yaaaaaay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism / Senator Douye Diri Shows His Love For Sports And Youth Development / Sunshine Stars Players Protest Over 3 Months Unpaid Salaries In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.