Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures (10378 Views)

APC Mocks Saraki Over Crashed Presidential Run / Police Summon Saraki Over Murder Of 31 People In Kwara / IGP Idris Gets Buhari’s Nod To Arrest Saraki Over Murders In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by 14Ebiscoo: 10:58am On Jan 12, 2019
The Buhari Campaign on Friday accused the Director General of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign, Dr. Bukola Saraki, of resorting “to baseless campaign of calumny” directed at the person of President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Dr. Bukola Saraki’s resort to poorly choreographed and worn-out political brinksmanship is fueled by the obvious absence of any credible agenda or bearing to present to Nigerians in their campaigns.

“In clear demonstration of hallucination with figures, Dr. Bukola Saraki claimed, in an interview with Channels Television a few days ago, that Nigeria's petrol consumption is about 20-22 million Iitres per day and that the current import level of about 50 million litres is a scam and fraudulent,” Festus Keyamo, SAN, Director, Strategic Communications, APC Presidential Campaign Council (Official Spokesperson), said in a statement.

According to Keyamo, “the same Dr. Bukola Saraki was in the 7th Senate and knows very well that in 2014 and part of 2015, the PDP Government that was in power was reporting to Nigerians daily PMS consumption of 35-40 million litres per day. (In January, 2014 for example, the average monthly consumption was 38 million Iitres per day. By January, 2015 under the same government of PDP, they reported 36 milIion Iitres per day and March 2015, the daily consumption reported by PDP government was 45 million Iitres per day, whilst importing at levels above 80 million litres per day).

“Strangely, years later, the PDP Campaign DG is peddling a phantom fuel consumption figure of 20-22 million litres per day.

“The PDP Chief Campaigner discountenanced the obvious fact that within the last three years of the current administration, the Nigerian economy that PDP left in comatose has been jump-started to vibrancy leading to remarkable changes in energy consumption needs and patterns.

“The allegation that the national oil company prevailed on Mr. President not to seek appropriation for subsidy and to rather treat it as cost under-recovery is not only laughable and mischievous, but it is a blatant lie.”

Continuing, Keyamo said: “Verifiable records indicate that NNPC has never claimed subsidy payment from any government in its history of operation. All NNPC’s transactions in this regard have been treated as product costs under-recovery.

“The Corporation, like any other business entity, does its business and recovers its cost from its revenues.

“It is instructive to note that in his rush to indict the NNPC and the President, willy-nilly, Dr. Bukola Saraki forgot that a Senate Committee was set up by him to investigate the intervention of NNPC in PMS imports.

“The mandate of the Committee includes volumes, costs and any associated under-recoveries. The big question remains; why would he not wait for the outcome of the Committee he set up to investigate the matter? Is it because he believes the outcome of his Committee will not satisfy his predetermined mindset?

“Nigerians should therefore ignore the tantrums of Dr. Bukola Saraki as it concern the oil and gas sector.”

https://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/67748-Buharis-Campaign-slams-Saraki-over-oil-and-gas-figures-16

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Kingosytex(m): 11:01am On Jan 12, 2019
saraki was one one the greedy fellas that brought this calamity upon nigerians, he should accept whatever is meted out to him in good fate, i dont pity him at allllllllllll

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by haladadon: 11:06am On Jan 12, 2019
saraki is the Senate president, he's figures may not be wrong.

I should be worried about Buhari not answering for himself therefore letting "the campaign" answer for him.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by sigiyaya(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2019
NIGERIA : The land of generals without war, professors without discovery, politicians without ideology, wealth without prosperity, religion without piety, leaders without vision, the oppressed without worries, courts without justice, criminals without fears, history without glory, heroes without honor, schools without learning, artists without taste, intellectuals without thought, terrorists without identity, appointees without life, hunger without famine, change without progress, next level without foundation, democracy without citizens, unity without love, heroes without sacrifice, policies without plans, crime without culprits, saints without humility, integrity without performance, wars without enemies, billionaires without business, youth without dreams, elders without wisdom

I weep for Nigeria!!

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2019
We know it is nothing but the usual Propaganda from the party of thieves and CRIMINALS.
We are not pertub avout it for a minute.
No matter what they say OR write......

SAI BABA WE LOVE.
SAI BABA KNOW.
SAI BABA WE WANT.

18 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Donzion77(m): 11:07am On Jan 12, 2019
Don't blame Saraki for the small lie. He is trying to imitate the ayatollah of falsehood, APC Lai Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by calmbabadee(m): 11:08am On Jan 12, 2019
Nobody holy pass! I am never in a rush to criticize the short comings of others in a particular situation or event except I have experienced such a situation/event. The moral burden becomes unbearable when you one acts in the same manner under similar situations
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by chrisluci: 11:08am On Jan 12, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by theophorus(m): 11:08am On Jan 12, 2019
...Despite being the Number 3 Man in the Country, He saw the Fraud and didn't do anything about it until now...

Abegi leave the O to gee victims.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by elitejosef: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2019
Slamany body u like, Bubu is going home this year

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by ClearFlair: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2019
Kingosytex:
saraki was one one the greedy fellas that brought this calamity upon nigerians, he should accept whatever is meted out to him in good fate, i dont pity him at allllllllllll

Yes he brought the calamity called Atiku.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by nijabazaar: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2019
I am tired ....
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Babacele: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2019
it is only a fool that would believe the godfather of Offa Armageddon. O to ge. Sai Baba! sai Next Level.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Alepa(m): 11:10am On Jan 12, 2019
Saraki should be stoned to death

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by DonFreshmoney(m): 11:12am On Jan 12, 2019
Buhari and apc is a scam

That's why buhari in his recorded interview with ARISE said he deals with facts not figures.

If you present this to buhari, he wouldn't agree the figures are right, same with keyamo. Useless set of people

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by PointZerom: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2019
Festus Otobo was at his best as a lawyer under PDP, he convicted Olabode George.

Under APC, he closed his chamber because looting is paying more to him than his profession.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Okwyjesus(m): 11:12am On Jan 12, 2019
sigiyaya:
NIGERIA : The land of generals without war, professors without discovery, politicians without ideology, wealth without prosperity, religion without piety, leaders without vision, the oppressed without worries, courts without justice, criminals without fears, history without glory, heroes without honor, schools without learning, artists without taste, intellectuals without thought, terrorists without identity, appointees without life, hunger without famine, change without progress, next level without foundation, democracy without citizens, unity without love, heroes without sacrifice, policies without plans, crime without culprits, saints without humility, integrity without performance, wars without enemies, billionaires without business, youth without dreams, elders without wisdom

I weep for Nigeria!!

This is deep.
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Babacele: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2019
haladadon:

I should be worried about Buhari not answering for himself therefore letting "the campaign" answer for him.
The figures are in the public documents accessible to all if you care to learn. Sai Baba.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by kollinz1234(m): 11:12am On Jan 12, 2019
This Festus keyamo irritates me. Whenever I see his name on any news, I lose interest
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by ImperialYoruba: 11:14am On Jan 12, 2019
haladadon:

Saraki is reviewing NNPC for the planned sale to foreigners.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Babacele: 11:17am On Jan 12, 2019
chrisluci:
story . what did PDP who killed hundreds of youths in the immigration scam recruitment nonsense after swindling same youths do in its 16 years in power? Buhari is laying strong foundations and we can't wait to go to the NEXT LEVEL.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by worlexy(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2019
Ok
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Crossboy(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2019
post=74687566:
We know it is nothing but the usual Propaganda from the party of thieves and CRIMINALS.
We are not pertub avout it for a minute.
No matter what they say OR write......

SAI BABA WE LOVE.
SAI BABA KNOW.
SAI BABA WE WANT.
Will U Keep Shut! angry
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Selfy(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2019
it's a pity Nigeria is in a sorry state
A country where yesterday is always better than today,
A country were the worst of last administration is better than the best of the next administration.

So sorry naija
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by ifox(m): 11:23am On Jan 12, 2019
Kingosytex:
I share this same view. Atiku and Saraki gave us Buhari. So if APC wins 2019. It's all good.
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Shikini: 11:25am On Jan 12, 2019
Wq
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by ofiko123(m): 11:26am On Jan 12, 2019
Sai Atiku 2019..
Waziri of adamawa...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by sparog(m): 11:28am On Jan 12, 2019
Na una Sabi

2 bad choices
Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by Omeokachie: 11:32am On Jan 12, 2019
They would slam and dunk.

Saraki has exposed their looting ass for the world to see.

Just wait until May 29th. Atiku will probe and jail all those involved in the NNPC $25b contract scandal that I've Kachikwu exposed, but which Buhari swept under the carpet like other numerous corruption scandals under his incompetent leadership.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Campaign Slams Saraki Over Oil And Gas Figures by mfm04622: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2019
haladadon:

Saraki don't have access to figures. Only NNPC and DPR have the real figure. Saraki should tell us where he got his figure from

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can The North Wait Till 2027 If Yar Adua Dies? Yar adua Getting Lean Save 15mil / Asari-dokubo Did Not Promise Bloodshed If Jonathan Not Re-elected - Okupe / FG Blackmailing Jonathan To Dent His Rising International Profile - Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.