Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun (17295 Views)

Peter Obi Lands In Enugu To Campaign For LP Governorship Candidate & Others / Thugs Chase Funke Akindele Out Of Lagos Market / EFCC Chiko Shot Dead By Gunmen While Returning From Rally. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by citruslimited(m): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2019
[quote author=AcuraZDX post=74698365]People believed to be suspected political thugs have chased away the governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party in Ogun State, Rotimi Paseda during the rally in Ijebu-Ode.

It was gathered that the violence broke out Friday evening at Oyigbo junction in Ijebu-Ode and lasted for about 15 minutes.

It was also learnt that the incident happened when some unidentified political thugs invaded the venue while the SDP flagbearer was addressing the crowd.

The development forced the organiser to put the campaign programme to an abrupt end, as security operatives whisked away the governorship candidate and other Very Important Personalities at the event.

The thugs reportedly carted away the empowerment gift items which included ; gas cookers, sewing machines, hair dryers and refrigerators meant to be shared to the people at the event.

Reacting to the incident, the SDP governorship candidate claimed that, the attack was premeditated by unnamed opposition candidate.

He commended the Nigeria Police attached to Ijebu- Ode for responding swiftly and dispersing the hoodlums without inflicting injury on the people.

His words, “In my state most especially my senatorial district we have never been attacked before, we are very peaceful, I only associate with peace.

“I think we started the campaign very fine until we saw a set of people who are not our party members. We tried to manage and calm them, but, they were shouting opposition slogans and the way it was done I think it was a coup plan because I’ve never seen it before”.

Read more: https://zenithnaija.com/political-thugs-chase-sdp-govship-candidate-others-away-from-rally-in-ogun/
Don't struggle to pay bills this year!
Make more money year, click on the link below to learn how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJy8NCKOAVA
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by folu4real(f): 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2019
Deivid10:
Wish I can turn this my voters card to American Visa

likewise mine
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by klever18(m): 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2019
Handsomecole:
Imagine .... APC all the way !!!!
FP today where my gift abeg?? I must celebrate
near miss you and osinbajo na 5 and 6
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by Humblega(m): 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2019
Am even confused to predict a suspect for the mayhelm....

Simply bcs Paseda of sdp poses no threat to any of the top 5 favourites........

If thugs attack akinlade, gni, kashamu, Adebutu, dapo or even Dimeji campaign.......every1 would av started suggesting or accussing anoda....

But paseda. .......... Am confused

Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by don4real18(m): 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2019
countwell:

What about the unimportant personalities at the event
Like you said, they are unimportant grin
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by Omolaawari: 6:55pm On Jan 12, 2019
More of this is expected with Gov Amosun in the race by proxy and the 'ikes of Dapo Abiodun.....its going to be a supremacy battle in Ogun State but am sure the will of God will be done!
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by Brightology2(m): 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2019
AhlexOfficial:
#30,000,000
make I send my akant number?
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by daslimdude: 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2019
I just need a job. I don't want to sit back at home this year. Anything will do for a start though I have an HND in Elect/Elect. I can read and write, understand English, Yoruba and Igbo. I am computer literate and a good driver. If God touches your heart to help please Email me ustyno_slim@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by olisaemeka1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 12, 2019
Deivid10:
Abeg let me park here and wish with you ... angry
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by chrisj2(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2019
Empowerment gifts/ Is that not called bribe or buying voters... Philanthropists and the Government or Charities can give empowerment gifts all year round but during a election campaign, it should be outlawed.

Thugs! What do we expect from APC especially as the incumbent and PDP? They have all the apparatus and the stolen money to employ political thugs. Smaller parties are just too vulnerable in a zoo of a country. We should move to a Prime Ministerial system with proportional representation...
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by omoiyalayi(m): 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2019
Deivid10:

grin grin LOL grin grin
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by mechanics(m): 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2019
Eyah, maybe he's new into the system.
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by UncletC: 10:29pm On Jan 12, 2019
APC and thuggery na 5 and 6
Re: Political Thugs Chase SDP Gov’ship Candidate, Others Away From Rally In Ogun by nwanyionitsha: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2019
Deivid10:
Lol!
Did you vote for change in 2015?

Your answer will determine my prayers for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan, Wike, John-jonah, Alaibe Absent From PDP Mega Rally In Bayelsa / Buhari’s Vision For Maritime Is Massive Job Creation – Saraki / 2023: NGF Insists On Producing President From Fold, Takes On APC, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.