Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb (2594 Views)

Obasanjo Registers For Phd At National Open University / Obasanjo Registers For Phd At National Open Varsity … / So You Still Think Gays Should Be Allowed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by VPersie: 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2010
Hello,

My name is Olamilokun Oyekan. I came to US a couples of years ago and got admit to porsue Chemical Engineering Phd at MIT. It is a lot of strenous academic work and I always pull through with a lot of diligent. However, the problem was that depite the fact that I got As in my course work and do my researchs well, I still feel like I am dumb and my friends tell me that I am foolish. What can I do? is it a spiritual or mental problems? Your advise are welcome.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by femmy2010(m): 12:08am On Aug 12, 2010
Tell yourself you arent dumb nor foolish,believe what you told yourself and you would be fine.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by philip0906(m): 12:11am On Aug 12, 2010
u aren't dunmb. . .just work harder 2 prove urself and others wrong. . .u got d brains,use it wink
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 12, 2010
So many ppl on NL on a soul compliment-searching journey. . . . so now, what do you want us to tell you undecided
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by labiyemmy(m): 12:57am On Aug 12, 2010
Do you speak the English Language to them often? If yes, then they may be right in their name calling-reading your post over and over again just proves that.

1 - You came to US a couples of years ago

2 - and got admit to porsue

3 - i always pull through with a lot of diligent.

4 - problem was that depite the fact that you got As

5 - is it a spiritual and mental problems,
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by semid4lyfe(m): 2:10am On Aug 12, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Do you speak the English Language to them often? If yes, then they may be right in their name calling-reading your post over and over again just proves that.

Thought I was the only one who noticed grin shocked
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by VPersie: 3:35am On Aug 12, 2010
What is wrong with what I write. I said I am chemical engineer not english professor or Wole Soyinka. I know engines does not speak english.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by labiyemmy(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2010
VPersie

You are right there- Engines don't speak the English language - my turbo powered Mercedes engine speaks to me in German while my BMW speaks to me in Latin. You are right bro.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by VPersie: 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2010
are you cereal?
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by Hauwa1: 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2010
grin grin grin grin
haven't laughed so hard in a while
ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by nellaluv(f): 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2010
VPersie:

What is wrong with what I write. I said I am chemical engineer not english professor or Wole Soyinka. I know engines does not speak english.

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin
dang, you're really dumb.

Nice try at wanting to be popular. Your name won't get you anywhere it sounds like a slowpoke tongue which isn't far from the truth your posts tells it all.

Aside
Ask 190 how he does it, you too can be dumb in a unique way grin
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by VPersie: 2:16am On Aug 13, 2010

Nice try at wanting to be popular. Your name won't get you anywhere it sounds like a slowpoke which isn't far from the truth your posts tells it all.

Aside
Ask 190 how he does it, you too can be dumb in a unique way

what are talking about? Somebody wants to die. Why does you keep pushing me? I does not understand what you say.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 13, 2010
This slowpoke is neither Yoruba or seeking a PhD. . . . more like attention seeking.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by VPersie: 4:10am On Aug 13, 2010
I come hear to searchs for help and you keep insult me. How does you know I am not Yoruba. And where does the yoruba part comes up in what I have say previously. I can shows you my admission paper if you wants. If I needs attention, I can gets a lot from all the peoples in my school not from insulting peoples on nairaland.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by oyinda3(f): 4:33am On Aug 13, 2010
your only problem is ur english. but you said yourself that engines does not speaks english right?
so ur fine. ignore d haters they're just jealous of ur engineering skills. kepp getting ur As at MIT jare. u dont need hep.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 13, 2010
VPersie:

I come hear to searchs for help and you keep insult me. How does you know I am not Yoruba. And where does the yoruba part comes up in what I have say previously. I can shows you my admission paper if you wants. If I needs attention, I can gets a lot from all the peoples in my school not from insulting peoples on nairaland.
Judging by your history of attention-seeking threads, this is no difference. Enjoy.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by oliviathn: 5:01am On Aug 13, 2010
Communication is a best way to learn very good English. Try to find out some friends who have a very good knowledge of English. And speak only in English, or try to read English magazines and news papers, and you are not aware of any words or sentence then take a help of dictionary, dictionary will help you to understand English.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by VPersie: 5:18am On Aug 13, 2010
Judging by your history of attention-seeking threads, this is no difference. Enjoy.

What does you want from me? Did they sent you from my village? Or his it by forced to be your boyfriend?
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by dayokanu(m): 7:34am On Aug 13, 2010
Bolaji Aka Van Persie

Why cant you be proud of your school University of Maryland Baltimore? or you too would claim the-seekers story that MIT is your dream school thats why you are lying to people
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by Jarus(m): 8:01am On Aug 13, 2010
@labiyemmy:

You omitted these:
VPersie:

Hello,

My name is Olamilokun Oyekan. I came to US a couples of years ago and got admit to porsue Chemical Engineering Phd at MIT. It is a lot of strenous academic work and I always pull through with a lot of diligent. However, the problem was that depite the fact that I got As in my course work and do my researchs well, I still feel like I am dumb and my friends tell me that I am foolish. What can I do? is it a spiritual or mental problems? Your advise are welcome.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by googles: 10:13am On Aug 13, 2010
VPersie:

Coming from a dumbo. . . this is actually cool cheesy

@labiyemmy:

VPersie

You are right there- Engines don't speak the English language - my turbo powered Mercedes engine speaks to me in German while my BMW speaks to me in Latin. You are right bro.

Bragging maybe ?? undecided

VPersie:

What does you want from me? Did they sent you from my village? Or his it by forced to be your boyfriend?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

does she asks you outs ??
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by philip0906(m): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2010
Its very obvious dat vpersie is only here 2 joke around undecided
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by VPersie: 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2010
Bolaji Aka Van Persie

Why cant you be proud of your school University of Maryland Baltimore? or you too would claim the-seekers story that MIT is your dream school thats why you are lying to people

NIce of you to try. BUt you is an a epic fail. Keeps trying though.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by VPersie: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2010
Plus I am the one who seeks.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by 1105(f): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2010
nellaluv:

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin

Nice try at wanting to be popular. Your name won't get you anywhere it sounds like a slowpoke tongue which isn't far from the truth your posts tells it all.

Aside
Ask 190 how he does it, you too can be dumb in a unique way grin

I swear, (if not for ban) Muki i hope ure seein the insults, ARGGGGGHHH angry angry
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by Hauwa1: 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2010
grammar don wores drosses
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2010
[size=13pt]Hauwa we need you in the food section kitchen now to organize a very hot pepper soup . . . please , fasten em up darling my visitors are starving . grin grin wink[/size]
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by mamagee3(f): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Hauwa we need you in the food section kitchen now to organize a very hot pepper soup . . .  please  , fasten em up darling my visitors are starving . grin grin wink[/size]
Hungry Lad. grin
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2010
[size=13pt]Mama Gee too happy you're here. . . . You can see she's no longer online leaving my visitors to starve , please. . . i beg you darling hurry em up and prepare the pepper soup -- every thing needed for the meal is already in the kitchen. wink wink[/size]

mama-gee:

Hungry Lad. grin
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by nellaluv(f): 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2010
190.:

I swear, (if not for ban) Muki i hope ure seein the insults, ARGGGGGHHH angry angry

grin grin grin grin
RELAX
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by mamagee3(f): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Mama Gee too happy you're here. . . . You can see she's no longer online leaving my visitors to starve , please. . . i beg you darling hurry em up and prepare the pepper soup -- every thing needed for the meal is already in the kitchen. wink wink[/size]

Don't worry cut your head and out it in the kitchen.

I'm coming.
Re: I Am Pursuing A Phd At Mit, But I Still Think I Am Dumb by 1105(f): 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2010
nellaluv:

grin grin grin grin
RELAX

Ugghhhh angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders! How Did You Spend Your Christmas? / Breaking News In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi And Auchi Town Generally / Part 3 Of Chidinma Okeke's Video Is More Brutal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.