Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

How To Survive A Crocodile Attack - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Survive A Crocodile Attack (751 Views)

Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive / Why Are False Tears Called Crocodile Tears? / Nigerian Universities Sell Bread And Bottle Water To Survive - MAUTECH VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Survive A Crocodile Attack by profeazy: 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2019
In my last discourse on wildlife here on NL, I talked about snake bites using the wildlife wizkid's 'Adael the Creature Teachers' video. (check that out: https://www.nairaland.com/4944238/some-education-dealing-snake-bites).

Today Adael tells us about crocodiles. I was once on a visit to an acquaintance in the Lekki Area of Lagos State. Standing on the balcony overlooking the swamp behind their house, I saw a live crocodile! I was shell shocked that a crocodile could dwell so close to me. Imagine I was exploring the swamp! Crocodiles are one of the most successful members of the family reptilia. They are animals we need to know and avoid or approach with due caution.

1. Avoid Contact

If you ever see a crocodile, avoid it. They could be so camouflaged at times, you may not know they are there. If you are in places where they might dwell, don't go too close to the water or swim in it to reduce the likelihood of an attack. This is especially so in mangrove and swamps. There are saltwater and freshwater crocodiles.

2. Be Aggressive When Attacked

Their jaws can only move up and down. To swallow or get a better grip, they must temporarily open their jaws. This is the time to pull away if your body part has been gripped in the jaw of a crocodile. Be aggressive. Never allow the crocodile to drag you or whatever you want to rescue from its jaw into the water!

3. Roll With The Crocodile

When a crocodile grabs you and tries a deathroll with you, roll in its direction as shown in the picture below. It can prevent the grabbed body part from being ripped off your body. You can easily receive great bodily harm to whatever part of you is caught in the animal's jaws if you don't roll with them.

4. Once Released, Run!

Once the animal releases you, get away. The death roll uses up a lot of energy and stamina in a crocodile or alligator, and leaves them virtually immobilized while they try to regain all this back. A couple of consecutive rolls will probably cause the animal to release you, giving you time to escape.

5. Seek Medical Attention

Seek medical help. Even if you escape, you're not totally out of the woods yet. Crocodiles are known to have one of the strongest bite forces on the planet and can also contain dangerous bacteria in their mouths. It is important to reach medical attention as soon as possible.

Photo credit: Imgur
Re: How To Survive A Crocodile Attack by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2019
undecided

I did the technic to also survive the wall gecko in my room last night.
Re: How To Survive A Crocodile Attack by Christianos: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2019
[quote author=profeazy post=74704889]

Be aggressive. Never allow the crocodile to drag you...

Hmm... This your advice gidi gan o...
Re: How To Survive A Crocodile Attack by Emmzy201(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2019
This is all trash
The fear of death will surely format every survival skill you've learnt from your brain
Re: How To Survive A Crocodile Attack by SKhanmi: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2019
Confam. Until you release yourself & find out you're both in spirit form & an ex-Lifer. How many people get mind to drag part with krokodie. I still wonder about the ratio of people that escaped croc jaws without missing parts. It all depends on the state of mind at that moment.... Make I follow drag am or jejeli start calculating how I go install industrial AC for my duplex in hell.....if it exists
Re: How To Survive A Crocodile Attack by Richiez(m): 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2019
cool
Re: How To Survive A Crocodile Attack by profeazy: 1:10am On Jan 16, 2019
Here, Adael tells more about crocodiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSyevbY4iX8

(1) (Reply)

20 Amazing Nature Photos That Will Make You wonder" / WAEC SSCE May/june SSCE Exam Timetable For 2019 Online / Can You Identify 30 Idiomatic Expressions In This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.