Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

My Family Have Represented Injustice To Ovia People, Says Igbinedion* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Family Have Represented Injustice To Ovia People, Says Igbinedion* (471 Views)

List Of Male And Female Senators Who Have Represented Abuja Since 1999 / Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded / Ambode And Tinubu Meet At Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Family Have Represented Injustice To Ovia People, Says Igbinedion* by oviosun: 10:49am On Jan 13, 2019
Peter Igbinedion, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and a brother to PDP candidate for the Ovia Federal Constituency, Ms Omosede Igbinedion, said his family have perpetuated injustice to the people of Ovia, and Okada in particular.

Peter who defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) along with hundreds of his supporters, said the need to right the wrong was his reason for defection.

He said, aside the fact that Omosede has failed to perform as the current representative of the people at the House of Representatives, there was need to put a stop to his family's control of the constituency, particularly Ovia North East.

He noted that it would have been a different thing if Igbinedion control of the area had translated into better life to the people or brought development to the place.

According to him, "We cannot continue to protect the family's name while the people continue to suffer in anguish.

"If we have failed to promote the interest of the people, but that of Igbinedion, I don't see any reason why I should continue to support that as an individual.

"My brother, Chief Lucky Igbinedion was the Governor of this state for two term and also a one time Local Government Chairman, the just like another brother of mine was also a former council boss and now, Omosede as a member of the National Assembly (NASS).

"The truth be told, all these positions occupied by the family should have by now reflected on the Ovia Federal Constituency by way of infrastructural development, but the opposite is the case.

"Just like what is happening with the Saraki's in Kwara State today with the slogan "O to ge" a Yoruba word for "Enough is Enough" coined to stop the family dominance of the political space in the State, I am convinced, also, that the people are tired of the Igbinedion political hegemony.

"My question is, should we (Igbinedion) not call it quit now before the people similarly come out with a Benin catchy word "Oni se" for Enough."

Peter, however, made this known that he hold no grudge against Omosede, nor is he in any fight with the family.

" I just want the best for Ovia while we also continue to protect the Igbinedion family name. My position is that, protecting the name should not be to the detriment of the people," he stated he posited.

Re: My Family Have Represented Injustice To Ovia People, Says Igbinedion* by Buterflyle0: 10:53am On Jan 13, 2019
Welcome development
Re: My Family Have Represented Injustice To Ovia People, Says Igbinedion* by Born2Breed(f): 10:59am On Jan 13, 2019
Osawaru..we know.
Lucky...we know.
Bright...we know.
Charles....we know.
Omosede....we know.

Pls remind me, who is Peter?

Hissing...abeg make I drink my fresh palmwine and antelope bushmeat from Iyekovia.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Akwa Ibom Exposed As Frauds And Liars. Udom Emmanuel Is A Deceiver. / US Reports On Atiku Is Error / Naija Unusual Reasoning About Atiku Visit To The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.