Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician (2046 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Malaria Vaccine Conspiracy Theories By BBC / Chris Okotie: The Truth About T.B Joshua. He Was A Magician & A Sorcerer (Video) / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'

Francis goes against Benedict XVI’s apparent support for 'intelligent design' - but does hail his predecessor’s 'great contribution to theology'

The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not “a magician with a magic wand”, Pope Francis has declared.

Speaking at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the Pope made comments which experts said put an end to the “pseudo theories” of creationism and intelligent design that some argue were encouraged by his predecessor, Benedict XVI.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
I'm suspecting this pope

I go soon leave that church for you
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
FortifiedCity:
I'm suspecting this pope

I go soon leave that church for you
Because he said the truth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
Francis !!!!

Bia !!!! respect yourself......

..the power of God raising the dead after four days or feeding thousands with little wasn't called magic so oga Francis we don't know what ur point is....

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Because he said the truth?
Define truth
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
FortifiedCity:
Define truth
something that has evidence and can't be refuted by right thinking people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by ChiefAzubuike(f): 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
nwabekeyi:
something that has evidence and can't be refuted by right thinking people.
How do you ascertain evidence?
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2019
FortifiedCity:
How do you ascertain evidence?
it gives same result when repeated several times, the result never change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
nwabekeyi:
it gives same result when repeated several times, the result never change.
Based on your definition of 'ascertaining evidence ', what evidence do you have about the big bang theory
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
FortifiedCity:
Based on your definition of 'ascertaining evidence ', what evidence do you have about the big bang theory
the universe is expanding at an accelerated speed, this was noticed by redshift in the wavelength of lights from terrestrial bodies (spectroscopy). If the universe is expanding and the principle of spectroscopy always giving same result as reagard this then the universe must have started from a point.

Any time you check the distance of any particular galaxy via spectroscopy, it would have moved farther away from us.

3 Likes

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 13, 2019
nwabekeyi:
the universe is expanding at an accelerated speed, this was noticed by redshift in the wavelength of lights from terrestrial bodies (spectroscopy). If the universe is expanding and the principle of spectroscopy always giving same result as reagard this then the universe must have started from a point.

Any time you check the distance of any particular galaxy via spectroscopy, it would moved farther away from us.

How does this support 'The big bang theory'
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2019
FortifiedCity:
it supports big bang because the big bang postulates that the universe is expanding at accelerated speed and it started from a singularity.

If we know that the universe is expanding via spectroscopy (which will give same result several times) and it starts from a singularity then big bang is an irrefutable fact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
Science and it's desperate attempt to outwit the God concept..
we study what we met here, we find a way to explain the mechanism of operation....suddenly we assume there's no divinity behind it.. like we started it all by ourself in the first place....
Man's so called wisdom will make us achieve great heights in the coming years....but it will also bring humanity to its knees....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
1StopRudeness:
Science and it's desperate attempt to outwit the God concept..
we study what we met here, we find a way to explain the mechanism of operation....suddenly we assume there's no divinity behind it.. like we started it all by ourself in the first place....
Man's so called wisdom will make us achieve great heights in the coming years....but it will also bring humanity to its knees....
Actually science attempts to outwit anything that doesn't have evidence and doesn't have testable hypothesis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Actually science attempts to outwit anything that doesn't have evidence and doesn't have testable hypothesis.

Science is too limited to outwit nature....we are only studying and explaining and manipulating the template
we met here ..then we try to play creator like we were there from the beginning..
I took a course recently in the area of marine biotechnology.....man hasn't even conquered 30% of the territory within its reach.....and we constantly wreck millions of dollars in space.....
I've had the chance to see the DNA helix live, it's a wonder I must say....I've done a some physics as well....and I must say that nature is all too complex, fragile and at the same time crazily perfect in some way that I find it hard to attribute it to an invisible, unmappable and unviewable evolution.
There are so many things science can't prove or has not been able to prove...for one minute, let's assume there's a God entity behind all of this complex interwoven mysteries of nature...do u think the limited science we have now that can't even fully cure HiV or cancer can prove that entity than designed it all...

I feel science isn't completly eliminating the God factor. but until they have the knowledge to unravel that factor it's more convinient to say there is no God

1 Like

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by OpenYourEyes1: 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2019
Evolution is pure myth. Nothing is evolving.
Why not show us proofs of evolution?
Bing bang is a myth too. Explosion does not produce order. If big bang happened and the universe is billions of years old why are there few supernova in our galaxy?

The pope is Jesuit...(the only Jesuit pope ever.) Lying is allowed in Jesuit.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by OpenYourEyes1: 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
If big bang happened and the universe is billions of years old why are there few supernova in our galaxy?

Our galaxy experiences a supernova on an average of 26yrs . There are about 250 supernova remnants in our galaxy .
250 supernova remnants x 26 should give you an age estimate of our galaxy.
If the galaxy is billions of years old we should find hundreds of thousands of this supernova remenants instead of just 250
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by budaatum: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2019
FortifiedCity:
Easy. God said "let there be light". And there was a big bang and there was light.

This is a smart Pope. He's educating people to accept reality.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Aaronsrod: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2019
This lying Pope must be humbled.

He is a servant of Satan!

The time has surely come for him to meet his Master!!

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Our galaxy experiences a supernova on an average of 26yrs . There are about 250 supernova remnants in our galaxy .
250 supernova remnants x 26 should give you an age estimate of our galaxy.
If the galaxy is billions of years old we should find hundreds of thousands of this supernova remenants instead of just 250
And I suppose you have the exact age?
You mustn't do calculations like this for nothing.
It is a sin in the field of MATHS/PHYSICS.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Science is too limited to outwit nature....we are only studying and explaining and manipulating the template
we met here ..then we try to play creator like we were there from the beginning..
I took a course recently in the area of marine biotechnology.....man hasn't even conquered 30% of the territory within its reach.....and we constantly wreck millions of dollars in space.....
I've had the chance to see the DNA helix live, it's a wonder I must say....I've done a some physics as well....and I must say that nature is all too complex, fragile and at the same time crazily perfect in some way that I find it hard to attribute it to an invisible, unmappable and unviewable evolution.
There are so many things science can't prove or has not been able to prove...for one minute, let's assume there's a God entity behind all of this complex interwoven mysteries of nature...do u think the limited science we have now that can't even fully cure HiV or cancer can prove that entity than designed it all...

I feel science isn't completly eliminating the God factor. but until they have the knowledge to unravel that factor it's more convinient to say there is no God

you dont understand it doesn't mean others don't. HIV emerged as a result of evolution, with time we will get over it with or without science
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Evolution is pure myth. Nothing is evolving.
Why not show us proofs of evolution?
Bing bang is a myth too. Explosion does not produce order. If big bang happened and the universe is billions of years old why are there few supernova in our galaxy?

The pope is Jesuit...(the only Jesuit pope ever.) Lying is allowed in Jesuit.
do you understand life cycle of stars? If you do, you won't ask this question.

Having few super nova makes sense if you underground the life cycle of stars
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
nwabekeyi:
you dont understand it doesn't mean others don't. HIV emerged as a result of evolution, with time we will get over it with or without science

What don't I understand...??
People like u only want people to see thing from their perspective only.....
U see the problem with scientist-atheist is that they ignore every other fact/evidence except facts driven from science....it's not that they aren't there. They just choose not to acknowledge it because it isn't based on laid down rules of science..and sadly science is just a creation of man....it isn't even perfect..
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
1StopRudeness:

What don't I understand...??
People like u only want people to see thing from their perspective only.....
U see the problem is that scientist with is ignore every other fact except fact driven from science...and sadly science is just a creation of man....it isn't even perfect..
If science is not perfect,your God is worse.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

If science is not perfect,your God is worse.

Who is this one??

Please quote me when u have something meaningful to discuss and so we can learn from each other like nwabekeyi.....
I don't usually realate with ur kind of atheist....u don't have points or even know how discuss objectively.....
You just come and show how well u can insult....
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Who is this one??

Please quote me when u have something meaningful to discuss and so we can learn from each other like nwabekeyi.....
I don't usually realate with ur kind of atheist....u don't have points or even know how discuss objectively.....
You just come and show how well u can insult....
This is not an objective way of responding to an observation made by someone you can't identify.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

This is not an objective way of responding to an observation made by someone you can't identify.

U don't know me either......u just jumped and mentioned me insulting my beliefs and opinion..
That's not inly rude, it's intolerant, an act of violence because it's an abuse to a fellow man...u don't have to share my beleifs...all u have to do is respect them....just like a gay man wants his sexuality respected
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2019
1StopRudeness:

U don't know me either......u just jumped and mentioned me insulting my beliefs and opinion..
That's not inly rude, it's intolerant, an act of violence because it's an abuse to a fellow man...u don't have to share my beleifs...all u have to do is respect them....just like a gay man wants his sexuality respected
Send my apologies to your God.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by budaatum: 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'

Francis goes against Benedict XVI’s apparent support for 'intelligent design' - but does hail his predecessor’s 'great contribution to theology'

The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not “a magician with a magic wand”, Pope Francis has declared.

Speaking at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the Pope made comments which experts said put an end to the “pseudo theories” of creationism and intelligent design that some argue were encouraged by his predecessor, Benedict XVI.

Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

The Catholic Church has long had a reputation for being anti-science – most famously when Galileo faced the inquisition and was forced to retract his “heretic” theory that the Earth revolved around the Sun.

But Pope Francis’s comments were more in keeping with the progressive work of Pope Pius XII, who opened the door to the idea of evolution and actively welcomed the Big Bang theory. In 1996, John Paul II went further and suggested evolution was “more than a hypothesis” and “effectively proven fact”.

Yet more recently, Benedict XVI and his close advisors have apparently endorsed the idea that intelligent design underpins evolution – the idea that natural selection on its own is insufficient to explain the complexity of the world. In 2005, his close associate Cardinal Schoenborn wrote an article saying “evolution in the sense of common ancestry might be true, but evolution in the neo-Darwinian sense – an unguided, unplanned process – is not”.

Giovanni Bignami, a professor and president of Italy’s National Institute for Astrophysics, told the Italian news agency Adnkronos: “The pope’s statement is significant. We are the direct descendents from the Big Bang that created the universe. Evolution came from creation.”

Giulio Giorello, professor of the philosophy of science at Milan’s University degli Studi, told reporters that he believed Francis was “trying to reduce the emotion of dispute or presumed disputes” with science.

Despite the huge gulf in theological stance between his tenure and that of his predecessor, Francis praised Benedict XVI as he unveiled a bronze bust of him at the academy's headquarters in the Vatican Gardens.

“No one could ever say of him that study and science made him and his love for God and his neighbour wither,” Francis said, according to a translation by the Catholic News Service.

“On the contrary, knowledge, wisdom and prayer enlarged his heart and his spirit. Let us thank God for the gift that he gave the church and the world with the existence and the pontificate of Pope Benedict.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html
Here's it is complete. Please edit your op so it's included. Ta!
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Send my apologies to your God.

He's really not far from u. In about a few years, say roughly 100 years from now.....that's just roughly 2.5hrs to him.....u will have the chance to tender than apologies urself.....

U bragging and insultive rights is because u still have air in ur lungs....I'm sure by then ur science god won't have the answers as to why we all have to to be here for a short time..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Blocked Ways To Success/Breakthrough With Our Road Opener Soap / The Gospel Vs The Passion Of The Christ / The Justice Of God Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.