Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,216 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Officers At Otta Police Station Allegedly Extort N20,000 From 2 Young Men - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Officers At Otta Police Station Allegedly Extort N20,000 From 2 Young Men (307 Views)

Video Of 2 Young Men Running Away From The Police During Stop & Search (pic/vid) / Suspected Cultists Kill 2 Young Men In Anambra (Graphic Photo) / 2 Young Ladies Fighting in class, panties exposed, video goes viral (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Officers At Otta Police Station Allegedly Extort N20,000 From 2 Young Men by goldcoinhub: 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
Two young men have taken their grievances to twitter over an alleged extortion by officers of the Nigerian police Force at Otta Police Station, Otta, Ogun State.

According to the men, the police officers at the Otta Police Station forced them to make wrong statements and then accused them of being Yahoo Boys.

They were then asked to pay N200,000 to bail themselves, which they later negotiated to N20,000.

Read their post:

On Saturday at just few minutes pass noon, I was on my way to otta to see my dad who was just recently discharged from the hospital and that was when police caught me and my friend who we were together at oju ore bus stop, Otta.

We were about boarding bike to my house when a man not dressed in uniforme pulled up and dragged us by the belt. I was furious and I was like what's going on here? Immediately another officer dressed in @PoliceNG uniform came with a gun, cocked it and forced us to enter bus

When we entered, other member of @PoliceNG was in the Danfo. I asked if I was under arrest and they said yes, I asked for what? And immediately one of them rained slaps and punches all over my face. I guarded it with my hand but he kept on punching my head.

They took my phone from me and my friend, forced us to sit down in the Danfo and then took us round the whole of otta while picking up other innocent young men that dressed nicely By the way this was how we dressed.

After taking us round otta for like 4 hours they finally took us to their station located at Sango otta. On getting there we were forced to take off our shirts, they checked for tattoos which they didn't find.

They forced me into writing a false statement stating that I was a yahoo boy, at first I hesitated but after receiving hot slaps I cooperated with them and wrote the statement as they were dictating, but I gave wrong information about my age, where I live, my email, etc

After the statement, they asked me to pay 200k.. I told them I couldn't pay as I don't have funds but that I can give them 20k. I then immediately called a friend to transfer 10k to me plus the 10k for my dad's drug that was with me.. so I gave them all 20k

Attached here is me giving members of @PoliceNG @PoliceNG_PCRRU 20k in cash so they can allow me go and see my sick dad at home. They are plenty but I could only capture few of them.. this brutality must stop

https://lailasnews.com/officers-at-otta-police-station-allegedly-extort-n20000-from-2-young-men/

lalasticlala

Re: Officers At Otta Police Station Allegedly Extort N20,000 From 2 Young Men by goldcoinhub: 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Wife Burnt Husband Alive For Refusing To Giver Her His Password / Warnings To Parents / Tricycle Operator Remanded For Allegedly Defiling 10-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.