Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,601 members, 7,955,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:41 PM

Raw Meat For Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Raw Meat For Dog (839 Views)

Inside China's Dog Meat Trade As Animals Are Beaten, Boiled & Burned Alive(Pics) / Why You Should Not Feed Your Pets Raw Meat. / Scientists Condemn Trend Of Feeding Pets Raw Meat After Study Finds Pathogens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raw Meat For Dog by gwenzence(m): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
Pls, how good and healthy is feed a dog Raw meat. Advice needed
Re: Raw Meat For Dog by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2019
You will ignite its predator instincts.
Re: Raw Meat For Dog by kolokolobi(m): 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
beatcoins:
You will ignite its predator instincts.

Nothing of that sort.

And to the question there's a growing trend of raw feeding for dogs. People are turning to raw feeding as it is the closest to what dogs or even wolves who are their ancestors feed on till today. The processed food is convenient... Yes. Our cooked meals too can be cheaper. But on the long run if you consider the short digestive tract of dogs raw foods are actually more suitable as they will almost totally be digested, their breath better and you'd notice better stool quality etc. The challenge is getting the right balance of nutrients. You can do some research online. There's a whole lot available to learn from.

3 Likes

Re: Raw Meat For Dog by cedar3: 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2019
My 1kobo advice
Feed your dog raw if you want to. From my experience, it's just the best for them. You need to see how white my dog's teeth are. And from the way he rushes the meat or bone, you'll know he's totally enjoying it. No foul breaths or too much poop or even watery poop.

Forget all these guys telling you that feeding your dog raw will make it vicious. All nah wash. I feed my dog raw and guess what? He's still the same sweet natured dog he used to be. In fact, I even get annoyed of the way he plays with people.

The down side is that you may have to deworm regularly, at least once every month.

1 Like

Re: Raw Meat For Dog by IamAnderson(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
gwenzence:
Pls, how good and healthy is feed a dog Raw meat. Advice needed
raw meat is a healthier and better choice of feeding for dogs but not in Nigeria!
the meat we buy from markets are usually filled with pathogens and worms, it's just the cooking that helps us.
dogs that are fed raw meat in other countries are fed with clean meat from treated animals.
sadly, our cows and chickens are not even dewormed most of the time not to talk of other treatments.
don't feed your dogs raw meat unless you can vouch for the source you are getting it from.

2 Likes

Re: Raw Meat For Dog by gwenzence(m): 9:40am On Jan 14, 2019
Tnx all for ur advice. I really appreciate
Re: Raw Meat For Dog by adisabarber(m): 9:43am On Jan 14, 2019
Try a little to see if it will work for your dog. My dog vomits if it eats raw meat or fish. I still don't understand why that happens.
Re: Raw Meat For Dog by kolokolobi(m): 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
IamAnderson:

raw meat is a healthier and better choice of feeding for dogs but not in Nigeria!
the meat we buy from markets are usually filled with pathogens and worms, it's just the cooking that helps us.
dogs that are fed raw meat in other countries are fed with clean meat from treated animals.
sadly, our cows and chickens are not even dewormed most of the time not to talk of other treatments.
don't feed your dogs raw meat unless you can vouch for the source you are getting it from.

I quite agree with your concern about quality that's why it took me a long time to consider the source of the raw I feed. I do 700 naira per kilo from shoprite. Yes this may be on the high side for some people but at least I know what I'm getting is actually human grade chicken.... Breast, back and runt in the 80:10:10 ratio (meat, bone, fat). I also do organs like liver, kidney and heart etc in small quantities twice a week. All human consumption grade. Then I add allowed fruits and vegetables.... Carrots, pineapple, apple and other OK veggies and fruits prepared in detail removing all that should be removed. Then a tab of multivitamins and cod liver oil daily.

So far I'm getting pretty good results. Excellent coat, good breath, small non loose formed poo, agile smart dogs etc.

PS: I also do one raw egg about 5 times a week for each dog just to mix it up a bit. Then one pork chop once a week too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Local Nigerian Puppies For Sale / Dog Breeders Whatsapp / Braboo Puppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.