Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Should I Take This Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Take This Job? (365 Views)

Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" / Policeman, Oluwa Oscar Lam: "I Took This Job Knowing I May Never Get Rich" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Take This Job? by gabito4luv(m): 7:02am On Jan 14, 2019
Experienced people in this forum kindly advice me on what action to take. A friend and former colleague helped to submit my CV in his office last year. The job is in a fellow subsidiary company. I attended the interview and they promised to get back to me. I currently work in Lagos on the island and the stress is killing. The proposed job is in the south South where cost of living is very low and less stressful. My current gross pay is N120k while the newone will pay about N200k. My friend wanted me to join him at all cost hence has put in good words for me to relevant people in the company. Now the issue.
My friend had an accident last year Dec and died. We just buried him. The company has started negotiations with me on salary expectations. The offer though not up to what I desired is still better than the Lagos pay. I have tried to use salary as an issue for not accepting the job but the called again to up the offer a little. Working on the island is not good for me health wise but I am also devastated with the death of my friend. Going to that city will mean everyday sadness for me which may affect my productivity. I'm confused
Re: Should I Take This Job? by Kwenty: 9:50am On Jan 14, 2019
Sorry for the loss. It is indeed painful to lose a loved one but then such is life. You have to bear it and console yourself. Life must go on no matter what.
Considering the higher pay for the job in South South, low cost of living, less stressful etc; I think you should give it a shot. Time heals wound. In a short while you will forget the loss and make new friends.
Re: Should I Take This Job? by gabito4luv(m): 10:14am On Jan 14, 2019
Thanks for the advice.

(1) (Reply)

Winning Benefits Of AWS Certification For IT Professionals And Enterprises / Apply Now: GE Power EID Graduate Intern Recruitment 2019 / Nigeria Navy Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.