Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,276 members, 7,954,091 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World (25795 Views)

Noo Saro Wiwa Makes 30 Most Influential Women Travellers In The World List / Top 10 Most Influential African Tribes During Atlantic Slave Trade / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Finnese001: 11:41am On Jan 14, 2019
soberdrunk:
No PORTHARCOURT!!!! WE WILL NOT TAKEEEEEIIITTT!!! angry

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by luckygirl02(f): 11:41am On Jan 14, 2019
No Dubai?
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2019
Chukazu:

Lie... LONDON is the number 1 City
google is your friend..

New york is the number 1 city in the world..

London is just given so much respect because of the Queen

do u know what it means to b the city with the most billionaires in the world

New York is to USA what Lagos is to Nigeria.

And do i need to tell u what USA is to the world

So do the math yourself
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 14, 2019
asuustrike1:

Is Singapore a city or country?
singapore is also the name of the capital city

just like enugu, kanu, Gombe Katsina
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by obonujoker(m): 11:55am On Jan 14, 2019
theoldpretender:

Behind all those cities are

1.Strong and corrupt free municipal governments.

2.Taxes, heavy taxes. Those cities tax everything. In Nigeria? They wanted to start charging tenement taxes in Abuja. I doubt up till now that anyone has paid. Also in Abuja, four years ago there used to be something called parking ticket...until someone went to court and got it stopped.

So how do you expect Nigerian cities to raise money for improvements.

3.Nigerians LOVE electing people who pay them to vote. And when those people take power...they calmly recover their costs, and do nothing for city development.

4.Nigerians that refuse to pay taxes for the Police to function well ? Nigerians that refuse to pay DISCO bills because they are too expensive? Nigerians that throw rubbish everywhere ? Garbage in...

If you want your city to be a SUPER CITY....you have to pay the taxes, bills, etc for it. I used to live in one Birtish city that had a good transport system....and their council tax was about N40000 naira. If they start charging that in any Nigerian city...people will be out on the streets crying about poverty...the tax gets abolished...then suddenly at Christmas or Sallah, these same people will go and slaughter ram of 80000 or more.

Good things are not matter of I dash una.

So you expect people to pay tax to Abia's Ikpeazu, Ilorin's saraki or Tinubu's Lagos??

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by perdollar(m): 11:58am On Jan 14, 2019
fake list! were is ABA and ONITSHA

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by rapid101(m): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
post=74748676:
Nigeria will get there gradually with good leaders.

Nigeria must be great!

We BELIEVE so much in our country.
with mr body odour cow integrity pmb abi

Cras de ur head

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Ykol(m): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
[quote author=luckygirl02 post=74749544]No Dubai? then abuja should be there if There's dubai
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by TMKsouth: 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
shadrach77:
No African country on the list. Sad! I would have added Johannesburg to that list

I'm a proud Jo'burger, but don't think so. That Top10 is on steroids man (out of this world)! wink

Not so sure about Brussels. It's like saying Addis ranks higher than Jo'burg just coz of the AU headquarters. Maybe Berlin should have been there instead.

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by TMKsouth: 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ighoga898:
9 Beijing

The capital and political hub of the world's second-largest economy is understandably influential. It is also home to more companies in the Global Fortune 500 than any other city.

I prefer Shanghai to Beijing. cool

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Chiachifranklin: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2019
dominique:
That Tokyo interchange is out of this world
They have high Technological standard, They don't believe in Christianity, they practice Buddhism;Buddha that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by theoldpretender(m): 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
obonujoker:

So you expect people to pay tax to Abia's Ikpeazu, Ilorin's saraki or Tinubu's Lagos??

Yes, because most of you voted for them.

And no,nothing for rigging. Most Nigerians genuinely love men like the ones you mentioned.

That is why I always say democracy is hard work. The voting public's job does not stop at the ballot box.

And the improvements needed to make our cities better need MONEY. They won't pay for themselves.

You cannot demand good governance without working for it.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by vonlogon: 12:14pm On Jan 14, 2019
Starboytwo:
No MUSHIN.....

List inconclusive

AJ city
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Segloyd(m): 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2019
dominique:

How about this one in Chongqing, China.

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by krisdzhon: 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
Who else took note of the way Asian Cities are making a mockery of American and European Cities? smiley

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by buchilino(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
Am surprised no German city made the list
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by chiboy1116: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
Singapore had their independence after Nigeria by the way .#justsaying
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by alexola20(m): 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
Life made in ShangHai.
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
California should be made a country of its own....very huge economy
Yes bro.

If California was a country only 4 or 5 countries would be bigger than it in terms of GDP Gnp
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by americaninja1: 2:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
Why should people pay tax when the govt is not even utilizing the little one generated. Can u tell me the minimum wage, employment rate, infrastructure, housing, electricity, water, education, free health care, provided by the govt of these countries to her citizen, i will stone u if u mention tax again . the govt provided nothin except those our colonizers left before going.. govt at doesnt care abut the welfare of her citizen, is dat one govt.one American citizen is equivalent to the president of all african countries. in terms od security and services his entitled too.
theoldpretender:

Behind all those cities are

1.Strong and corrupt free municipal governments.

2.Taxes, heavy taxes. Those cities tax everything. In Nigeria? They wanted to start charging tenement taxes in Abuja. I doubt up till now that anyone has paid. Also in Abuja, four years ago there used to be something called parking ticket...until someone went to court and got it stopped.

So how do you expect Nigerian cities to raise money for improvements.

3.Nigerians LOVE electing people who pay them to vote. And when those people take power...they calmly recover their costs, and do nothing for city development.

4.Nigerians that refuse to pay taxes for the Police to function well ? Nigerians that refuse to pay DISCO bills because they are too expensive? Nigerians that throw rubbish everywhere ? Garbage in...

If you want your city to be a SUPER CITY....you have to pay the taxes, bills, etc for it. I used to live in one Birtish city that had a good transport system....and their council tax was about N40000 naira. If they start charging that in any Nigerian city...people will be out on the streets crying about poverty...the tax gets abolished...then suddenly at Christmas or Sallah, these same people will go and slaughter ram of 80000 or more.

Good things are not matter of I dash una.
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Kingsley10000: 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
Remove Brussels and put Shanghai or Sydney
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Olawalesmarter(m): 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
Without Lagos That List is so Fake
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by theoldpretender(m): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2019
americaninja1:
Why should people pay tax when the govt is not even utilizing the little one generated. Can u tell me the minimum wage, employment rate, infrastructure, housing, electricity, water, education, free health care, provided by the govt of these countries to her citizen, i will stone u if u mention tax again . the govt provided nothin except those our colonizers left before going.. govt at doesnt care abut the welfare of her citizen, is dat one govt.one American citizen is equivalent to the president of all african countries. in terms od security and services his entitled too.

And that is how we will continue with bad cities.......

All those taxes they pay abroad...it isn't because people can afford them!

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by darfay: 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
TMKsouth:

I'm a proud Jo'burger, but don't think so. That Top10 is on steroids! wink

Not so sure about Brussels. It's like saying Addis ranks higher than Jo'burg just coz of the AU headquarters. Maybe Berlin should have been there instead.

Nobody asked you, what stupid nonsense

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by sunshine1974(m): 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
With buhari in power we can't make top 1000.
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by stasius: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2019
I was waiting to see New York at number 1.

I wasn't disappointed! New York all the way!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
dominique:
Actually it's in this world, it's in Tokyo, Japan?? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by MKULTRA: 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2019
Antwep

For Notorious diamond traders and luxury auctioneers

Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
Kingsley10000:
Remove Brussels and put Shanghai or Sydney
Those ones are in the top 20 list.
Re: The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World by americaninja1: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
So how many people are taxable here, when mre than ahlf of the population live below 1 dollar/day. plus you pay tax on aby goods purchased. VAT paid by the company producing it , plus have u ever owned a business before, tell me wen u do.. They will kill u with tax, local govt go show, state go show, ministries and they won even calculate ur profit its a fixed price. Go ask school owners, u pay tax on every student ever term.
theoldpretender:

And that is how we will continue with bad cities.......

All those taxes they pay abroad...it isn't because people can afford them!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Burnt To Death As SUV Collides With Truck In Lagos / Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued / Tanker Goes Up In Flames While Discharging Its Content In A Petrol Station.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.