Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

To The Memory Of Sam Okwaraji,the Most Finest Nigerian Footballer Of All Time! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / To The Memory Of Sam Okwaraji,the Most Finest Nigerian Footballer Of All Time! (3654 Views)

Nigeria Remembers Sam Okwaraji At Cup Games / 25 Years After Samuel Okwaraji Slumped And Died On The Field / Samuel Okwaraji - Things You Never Knew About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Memory Of Sam Okwaraji,the Most Finest Nigerian Footballer Of All Time! by tenry(m): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2010
21 years down the lane, we still remember you, your passion, service to your father land,you cannot be forgotten,RIP.
Re: To The Memory Of Sam Okwaraji,the Most Finest Nigerian Footballer Of All Time! by Primegold: 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2010
Sam Okwaraji was no doubt a rare breed. A true patriot who died serving his fatherland.

Sam spent his personal funds to ensure that Super Eagles made it to the World Cup, which sadly was not achieved during his life time.

His commitment to Nigeria was beyond question. Sadly, Nigerian government does not care about Sam Okwaraji. 21 years after, Sam's contribution is yet to be appreciated. His aged mother remains forsaken by the Govt both at the center and Sam's state. But for the token attempt by Fashola, Sam Okwaraji appears to have been forgotten by those who should celebrate his contributions.

SAM OKWARAJI, you are a true NIGERIAN HERO!!!
Re: To The Memory Of Sam Okwaraji,the Most Finest Nigerian Footballer Of All Time! by chidichris(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2010
oh, what a waste? it is better to be envied than to be pitied.
sam okwaraji's case was a lesson from which today's footballers are learning from.
nigeria has proved time and time again that the word PATROTISM is only valid in papers.
let them call u unpatrotic while ur family enjoys ur patrotism.
sam okwaraji wanted to change things at the federal level but today, the family is in a pitiable situation.
Re: To The Memory Of Sam Okwaraji,the Most Finest Nigerian Footballer Of All Time! by yousouph(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2010
True talk. Many players choses the match they will play and when on the field its not the same as representin their club
Re: To The Memory Of Sam Okwaraji,the Most Finest Nigerian Footballer Of All Time! by Primegold: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2010
Friends, you are all correct in your reading of the situation.

As long as this sad state remains, we cannot have a National team we can be proud of!

Has anyone seen Rashidi Yekini lately?

The man whose goals helped us qualify for the World Cup for the first time? The man who scored our 1st world cup goal?

President Goodluck Jonathan is on Facebook. I suggest we bring this situation to his notice by writing about it on his wall.

We need to celebrate and honour our true heroes like Sam Okwaraji and not thieving politicians and Government contractors!

Re: To The Memory Of Sam Okwaraji,the Most Finest Nigerian Footballer Of All Time! by EJUNMA: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
fellow Nairalanders, this matter don tire me oo . l wouldn't know who else is in the same predicament with me/ us in the area am living. NEPA /EKEDP has been reaping us off by their estimation bill. The worst is that this NEPA-EKEDP will cut off your light and still be bringing current billings for you. Does it mean they do not keep record and know that they have not been supplying light to the building/ flat. This is gross fraud because, they will tell you to pay the money which you did not use and also there's no meter to determine the energy consumed. We have asked them to give us the analogue they said no way. However we have paid for a prepaid meter for like 3-4 months now, it is yet to come. The annoying thing is that the marketer so called Celine and the likes of her staff-Yusuf, IK, etc will tell you pay more even when you have paid they said it is small in an estimated bill. The most funny thing is if they give you bill and you pay next month they will increase it and and tell you to pay - compulsory exortion. What is the difference between these people and our dear Nigerian police?.
Please any body that knows the appropriate office at EKEDP to lay my complaints because you find out that the bill is more than your house rent in a month. l live at Aguda area. l was given a bill of N19,850 for 2 bedroom flat in a month Upon that we dont have light regularly, also when there's fault in the transformer they will ask us to contribute money for the repay it mean while they collect N750 service charge every month. l have asked them to come and inspect the flat since i don't manufacture anything there.IKEDC is given prepaid meter free now in their zone/ area why wouldn't they give even when we have paid. Fellow Nigerians l need urgent intervention as l can no longer bear it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To The Memory Of Sam Okwaraji,the Most Finest Nigerian Footballer Of All Time! by udysweet(f): 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dis Is d dilema I'm also in and I live arnd Aguda. And then I wrote a letter to Marina,only for them to say I bypassed dem and went to the head office! Jus a letter for them to disconect me afta offsetting my bill so I can close the accoubt and be drafted back to the main house to ease the burden of me paying huge sums on nepa bills. And d next thing is I can't join any body. I hav to be in darkness,and who knows if dey will bring bill afta disconecting me? I'm so fustrated in fact its the frustration that led to my search,wether someone else is in my same predicament,and I saw ur post! I've been to orile and marina,nobody wants to really understand my plight. Nigeria nawa o. God will fight for His. So if prepaid will tak 6mnths I'll hav to be in darkness? Jus because dey dnt wnt me to join my compound and use light. Its well o
EJUNMA:
fellow Nairalanders, this matter don tire me oo . l wouldn't know who else is in the same predicament with me/ us in the area am living. NEPA /EKEDP has been reaping us off by their estimation bill. The worst is that this NEPA-EKEDP will cut off your light and still be bringing current billings for you. Does it mean they do not keep record and know that they have not been supplying light to the building/ flat. This is gross fraud because, they will tell you to pay the money which you did not use and also there's no meter to determine the energy consumed. We have asked them to give us the analogue they said no way. However we have paid for a prepaid meter for like 3-4 months now, it is yet to come. The annoying thing is that the marketer so called Celine and the likes of her staff-Yusuf, IK, etc will tell you pay more even when you have paid they said it is small in an estimated bill. The most funny thing is if they give you bill and you pay next month they will increase it and and tell you to pay - compulsory exortion. What is the difference between these people and our dear Nigerian police?.
Please any body that knows the appropriate office at EKEDP to lay my complaints because you find out that the bill is more than your house rent in a month. l live at Aguda area. l was given a bill of N19,850 for 2 bedroom flat in a month Upon that we dont have light regularly, also when there's fault in the transformer they will ask us to contribute money for the repay it mean while they collect N750 service charge every month. l have asked them to come and inspect the flat since i don't manufacture anything there.IKEDC is given prepaid meter free now in their zone/ area why wouldn't they give even when we have paid. Fellow Nigerians l need urgent intervention as l can no longer bear it.

(1) (Reply)

Get A Sure List Of 15 Teams That Plays Under 4.5 Goals Every Week! / Find The Best Selection Of UA Curry 2 Basketball Shoes On Www.uacurryshoe.com / N'golo Kante Finally Upgrades From Mini Cooper To Mercedes After Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.