Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Leon Balogun: My Parents Are Not Entitled To My Money!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leon Balogun: My Parents Are Not Entitled To My Money!!! (855 Views)

Omeruo, Leon Balogun And Iwobi Pose For A Selfie In Russia / Leon Balogun Signs For EPL Side Brighton / Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leon Balogun: My Parents Are Not Entitled To My Money!!! by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
Why my parents are not entitled to my money, Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun reveals

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8497961_balogunprofile_jpeg61fb9727f9e0e24acb06bdc93b9be8f2

Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun has revealed that his parents are not entitled to his money. Balogun earns thousands of pounds every week as a Premier League star, playing for Brighton & Hove Albion in England.

Born to a Nigerian father and a German mum, the 30-year-old said his parents don’t ask him for money because they are not entitled to it.

Leon Balogun says his dad is shy to ask him for money (Twitter/Leon Balogun )

‘It’s my money’

“My parents for example, even if I give them something, they would not accept it, because they say ‘that’s the money you work for’,” he said in an interview with Oma Akatugba of Oma Sports TV.

“Even my father, sometimes, of course, he’s shy to ask, because he knows I work for the money.

“I sacrifice things for this money, if I give him or buy him something, he’s always very grateful.

Balogun’s care is a far cry from a typical Nigerian player who is successful 

“And of course sometimes he asks me but not for money, he asks me if I could help him out with something.”

Balogun’s case is a far cry from the typical African footballer who automatically starts bearing the financial burden of the extended family when they become successful.

The classic example is Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor who fell out with his family over their excessive financial demands.

http://www.dailyadvent.com/index.php/2019/01/14/why-my-parents-are-not-entitled-to-my-money-super-eagles-defender-leon-balogun-reveals/
Re: Leon Balogun: My Parents Are Not Entitled To My Money!!! by terzurum5(m): 4:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
Why my parents are not entitled to my money, Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun reveals

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8497961_balogunprofile_jpeg61fb9727f9e0e24acb06bdc93b9be8f2

Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun has revealed that his parents are not entitled to his money. Balogun earns thousands of pounds every week as a Premier League star, playing for Brighton & Hove Albion in England.

Born to a Nigerian father and a German mum, the 30-year-old said his parents don’t ask him for money because they are not entitled to it.

Leon Balogun says his dad is shy to ask him for money (Twitter/Leon Balogun )

‘It’s my money’

“My parents for example, even if I give them something, they would not accept it, because they say ‘that’s the money you work for’,” he said in an interview with Oma Akatugba of Oma Sports TV.

“Even my father, sometimes, of course, he’s shy to ask, because he knows I work for the money.

“I sacrifice things for this money, if I give him or buy him something, he’s always very grateful.

Balogun’s care is a far cry from a typical Nigerian player who is successful 

“And of course sometimes he asks me but not for money, he asks me if I could help him out with something.”

Balogun’s case is a far cry from the typical African footballer who automatically starts bearing the financial burden of the extended family when they become successful.

The classic example is Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor who fell out with his family over their excessive financial demands.

http://www.dailyadvent.com/index.php/2019/01/14/why-my-parents-are-not-entitled-to-my-money-super-eagles-defender-leon-balogun-reveals/
Parents of Ainsley Cory Maitland-Niles of Arsenal Fc too.
Re: Leon Balogun: My Parents Are Not Entitled To My Money!!! by frankman365(m): 4:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
Because your parents are rich!
Re: Leon Balogun: My Parents Are Not Entitled To My Money!!! by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
The topic is misleading, What he is simply saying is that his parents do not Cramp him with their financial problems,or better still they do not ask him for money.

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Changes Name To Cr7 Air Jordan After Goal Vs Sampdoria / Manchester United Vs Club Brugge 5-0 Highlights (video Download) / Watch The Scary Moment Christian Eriksen Collapsed On The Pitch (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.