Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG (13565 Views)

Senate Hails Buhari On Completion Ajaokuta-warri Rail During Test Run Inspection / Nigeria To Sell Ajaokuta Steel Company After Spending $80bn On A Moribund Steel / Abacha $322m Loot : Reps Move To Use Fund To Resuscitate Ajaokuta Steel, Railway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by eenai(m): 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
Ajaokuta steel mill, what a colossal waste. equipment installed in 1979 will no doubt be obsolete by now.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by cetiyung: 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
oga minister,no dey lie us abeg ....which road you wan commission soon?the road web me dey pass every day?
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by abeggnow: 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2019
davidodiba:
I remember growing up in Ajaokuta. It was like living in London. Steady light and water supply with state of the art academic facility...

Please God, let Ajaokuta work for the betterment of our unborn generation!!
i grew up in Ajoukuta too.first in nigerbidge then township.went to tss.where did you stay??
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by adekolaelect(m): 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2019
islandmoon:
lol , zombies are my only problem in this country, APC used Ajaokuta to campaign 4years ago, and the place is cover up in bush today, this is the photo punch took there 5 months ago.

https://punchng.com/we-wont-spend-money-on-ajaokuta-again-fg/

quoting Fayemi the Mineral and steel minister, saying they won't spend money on Ajaokuta again, why trying to fool the people again?

instead of Buhari to instruct Fayemi the minister of steel to fix Ajaokuta ? he was busy chasing fayose all over the place to install the minister of steel as governor in his attempt to win re election abandoning his major duty

shame on you people defending this selfish leaders..
. You said it well and we can blame APC for not completing Ajaokuta for 4 years but we can support PDP/ATIKU for not completed Ajaokuta for 16 years Hummm I can smell common sense .
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by bendike: 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2019
I did not bother reading, but did they blame it on the past administration? grin
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by LZAA: 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
DEHVEHLOP:
The wailers will still not see anything good about the man God himself planted to save this country...

especially that tribe to my right from prestigious Southwest...

They are so arrogant and have no respect for anyone including their own elders...

shiooor! tufiakwa!

if you still don't get it. Anyway I say anything further than.......

IGBO AMAKAgrin

Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by uniquelyspecial(m): 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
davidodiba:
I remember growing up in Ajaokuta. It was like living in London. Steady light and water supply with state of the art academic facility...

Please God, let Ajaokuta work for the betterment of our unborn generation!!

Your name sounds Like a one-time head boy of SCSS I Ajaokuta.... There was no where like Ajaokuta
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
Earthbound:
He continued: “Even if it was completed 100% it would not be able to operate. If we are to bring in all the raw materials required from Itakpe, like the iron concentrate required, you need 750 trucks travelling each day to feed Ajaokuta. Imagine 750 trucks on Ajaokuta-Itakpe road daily. The road will be bad in one week.

Typical of the Nigerian government to kick-start a project without proper feasibility studies. If the brains in their heads were functional, is it not the roads they will construct first? 98% my left yansh!

One word: RAIL.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by meccuno: 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2019
[s]
DEHVEHLOP:
The wailers will still not see anything good about the man God himself planted to save this country...

especially that tribe to my right from prestigious Southwest...

They are so arrogant and have no respect for anyone including their own elders...

shiooor! tufiakwa!

if you still don't get it. Anyway I say anything further than.......

IGBO AMAKAgrin
[/s] if supporting drug barons means respecting elders then your head needs examination.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by jellington: 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
AJAOKUTA IS COMING UP. ANOTHER REASON WHILE NIGERIANS SHOULD VOTE EN-MASS FOR BUHARI. EMPLOYMENT WILL COME WHEN ALL THESE COMPANIES ARE MADE FUNCTIONAL NOT RUNNING MOUTH AND QUOTING UNREALISTIC FIGURES THAT CAN NEVER BE. ATIKU THAT TOOK AWAY JOBS FROM NIGERIANS WHEN HE WAS CHAIRMAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE ON PRIVATIZATION CANNOT GUARANTEED JOBS.BE WISE LET P.M.B COMPLETE ALL THAT ARE ON GOING AND DO MORE. GREAT FUTURE! NEXT LEVEL!

1 Like

Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by jellington: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
THE ATIKULOOTERS LOVES DARKNESS MORE THAN LIGHT BECAUSE THEIR HANDIWORK IS WICKED. TRULY I SAY UNTO YOU 2019 ELECTION WE COME AND GO BUT GOVERNANCE IS REAL THING .BY THEIR ANTECEDENT IN PUBLIC OFFICE YOU SHALL KNOW THEM. VOTE P.M.B
GREAT FUTURE! NEXT LEVEL!
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by jellington: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
Let me quote a small portion: “...The flow of revenue to the university will slow dramatically if Atiku’s political fortunes continue to wane… Construction delays on campus have also raised fears that the prospects for the university are linked to Atiku’s political success.”
Did you just hear what that email said? That the success of that man’s private business is dependent on our commonwealth?
A special report by a US Senate Committee on Foreign Corruption concluded that “over an eight-year period from 2000 to 2008, Atiku and his wife, Jennifer Douglas were able to bring over $40 million in suspect funds into the United States…”
And these are the people you want to put in charge of the national treasury? In charge of the money for your children’s education? Of the resources for our country’s hospitals? Of the budget for our depleted army and our impoverished police force?
If we dive into all the filthy issues involving the PDP candidate - from PTDF saga to $2.8 million Siemens bribery scandal - we may spend the entire day here today and I simply do not have that time.
-Oby Ezekwesili
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by slimfit1(m): 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
The news paper didn't bother to verify the story if it's true poor journalism.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by lawani: 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
Ajapkuta is the largest steel complex in Africa
and it is moribund.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by islandmoon: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2019
adekolaelect:
. You said it well and we can blame APC for not completing Ajaokuta for 4 years but we can support PDP/ATIKU for not completed Ajaokuta for 16 years Hummm I can smell common sense .

you will later come and cry to us that you couldnt get a job, how is 8 years as a vice president equals to 16 years of Atiku ruling Nigeria?
do that math? APC 4 + 4 = 16 ? you must have failed mathematics like your pay Master

the point is both PDP , APC are gang of looters! we must move Nigeria forward!

I do not belong to any party but a self motivated civil society group that promote good governance!

take a look at your pay Master report sheet so far.

Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Horlaz(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2019
ManirBK:
Lack of external infrastructure is the reason why Ajaokuta Steel Company is yet to start operations, the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Abubakar Bawa Bwari, has said.
The minister was speaking at a press briefing on the three years’ accounts and stewardship of the ministry held in Abuja, yesterday.

“Ajaokuta is 98% completed. Everything is in place and we have our workers there that are maintaining the place. The remaining two percent has to do with external infrastructure. We need waterways. We need viable ports and so on. Government is putting all these things in place now,” he stated.
He continued: “Even if it was completed 100% it would not be able to operate. If we are to bring in all the raw materials required from Itakpe, like the iron concentrate required, you need 750 trucks travelling each day to feed Ajaokuta. Imagine 750 trucks on Ajaokuta-Itakpe road daily. The road will be bad in one week.

“So, what we have done is that we have completed the road link from Ajaokuta, Itakpe Warri ports. For Baro, it will soon be commissioned. We are trying to fix the infrastructure that will make Ajaokuta work,” the minister said.
He said many investors have indicated interest in taking over Ajaokuta, including investors who want to fix those infrastructure, adding “Ajaokuta will work.’’
The said under President Muhammadu Buhari administration’s strategic interventions from 2016, the mining sector has witnessed a steady rise in its contribution to the nation’s GDP from 0.33% in 2015 to 0.6% in 2016.
“Overall, the revenue generated by the ministry from royalties and fees has improved from N2.08 billion in 2015 to N3.92 billion in 2017 and N2.97 billion as at October 2018. Limestone mining has continued to lead in royalties earned by government,” he added.
He said within the period under review, the Mining Cadastre Office (MCO) has realized the sum of N5.2 billion as revenue generated through processing and other licensing fees.https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-ajaokuta-steel-hasnt-started-operation-fg.html?
Ajaokuta all the time, how many of you notice that there are some projects that we have been hearing since time immemorial, like second Niger bridge, this Ajaokuta, Electricity... All these project them no they finish
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2019
Presidentchike:
The situation of Nigeria calls for worry.

We have the Human Resources and Material resources required to excel.

All we have lacked is the proper 21st century leadership. We can see what young tech entrepreneurs are doing all over the world.

My heart bleeds for Nigeria. Lets vote to get it right for the sake of our dear country Nigeria.

but the spoon I see on your party poster looks like you want to go there and chop instead of creating industries for the youth.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by richiepolymer(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
I suspect foreign powers over this ajaokuta steel wahala. It was built by the Russians.
It has never operated for once....since all these years. No Nigerian govt will ever come out clean to tell her people the truth about it.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by olajizz01(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
Mopolchi:
This useless government no fit manage economy. Every thing in their fold is now moribund. We all have the duty to send Buhari led government away next month, particularly to Daura. angry angry
He go be like electric shock for your likes, Atiku zombie wailer come febuhari 16.

Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by theenchanter: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

One word: RAIL.
i think water transport will be better. Just use d river niger.

D rail is now converted for passenger's use.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
theenchanter:
i think water transport will be better. Just use d river niger.

D rail is now converted for passenger's use.

Hmmmmm...... There's no waterway between Ajaokuta and Itakpe.

However, it's not too great a distance that a freight line cannot be constructed in a few months.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by theenchanter: 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

Hmmmmm...... There's no waterway between Ajaokuta and Itakpe.

However, it's not too great a distance that a freight line cannot be constructed in a few months.
yeah, i actually mistook itakpe for warri.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Nwachineke1980: 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
You want to use trucks ,so what happened to the Ajaokuta to Itakpe to Warri railway that this government has been making so much noise about?It is obvious that this government is confused .That railway was meant to take raw materials to Ajaokuta.
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Ovamboland(m): 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
venai:
Ajaokuta steel and second Niger bridge are two of those magics any government in power can effectively use to win votes from certain sections of the country. The worst part of our stupidity is that we see ourselves as the wisest people in Nigeria.

Ajaokuta steel plant and second Niger bridge will again be used for 2023 elections campaign. Quote me on this!

But before then, I give Buhari 4+0 = back to Daura or Sudan.

Why didn't PDP use Ajaokuta and Second Niger bridge completion to keep themselves i power? For the whole of 16 years and peak earnings of all times?
What indicates they have the discipline to complete any of these projects anytime soon if they come back?

1 Like

Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Presidentchike: 7:50am On Jan 16, 2019
5thElement:

but the spoon I see on your party poster looks like you want to go there and chop instead of creating industries for the youth.
The spoon to feed the masses sir. They deserve and intact own ALL the food
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by davidodiba(m): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2019
uniquelyspecial:

Your name sounds Like a one-time head boy of SCSS I Ajaokuta.... There was no where like Ajaokuta

Yeah. God bless you. I am he smiley
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 16, 2019
Presidentchike:
The spoon to feed the masses sir. They deserve and intact own ALL the food

OK, great concept. I don't think the masses need to be spoonfed though. the people just need an opportunity to be productive and contribute to the economy of the nation by being productive, adding to the wealth of the nation and not taking away from it by being spoonfed.

you may want to change the logo. that's up to you.

then also, I'm sure your senatorial constituents would like a better representation. start from there.

if you want a direct opportunity to serve the people, vie for the chairmanship of your local government and perform exceptionally. you have a better chance from there. from there, take a shot at the governorship and within 8-16 years you might actually be the youngest President this nation has ever elected.

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but there you have it.

good luck
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by davidodiba(m): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
abeggnow:
i grew up in Ajoukuta too.first in nigerbidge then township.went to tss.where did you stay??

Stayed in Anambra Estate. Went to ASCO STAFF COMPREHENSIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by davidodiba(m): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
uniquelyspecial:

smiley...yeah, I am he
Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by uniquelyspecial(m): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
davidodiba:

Yeah. God bless you. I am he smiley
how nice. My pleasure

1 Like

Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Presidentchike: 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
5thElement:

OK, great concept. I don't think the masses need to be spoonfed though. the people just need an opportunity to be productive and contribute to the economy of the nation by being productive, adding to the wealth of the nation and not taking away from it by being spoonfed.

you may want to change the logo. that's up to you.

then also, I'm sure your senatorial constituents would like a better representation. start from there.

if you want a direct opportunity to serve the people, vie for the chairmanship of your local government and perform exceptionally. you have a better chance from there. from there, take a shot at the governorship and within 8-16 years you might actually be the youngest President this nation has ever elected.

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but there you have it.

good luck
Great advice sir. Well appreciated Sir

1 Like

Re: Why Ajaokuta Steel Hasn’t Started Operation – FG by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
Presidentchike:
Great advice sir. Well appreciated Sir

you welcome. all the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Cleared Dongban-Mensem Before She Was Nominated By NJC / Fuel Sells For N400/litre In Abuja, Others, Scarcity Persists In Lagos / We’ve Recovered Sensitive Boko Haram Documents—lai MOHAMMED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.