Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

David Wagner Retires As Manager Of Huddersfield Town - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Wagner Retires As Manager Of Huddersfield Town (259 Views)

NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles / Real Madrid Re-Appoints Zinedine Zidane As Manager / David Wagner Leaves Huddersfield Town By Mutual Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Wagner Retires As Manager Of Huddersfield Town by faithdinno: 11:46am On Jan 15, 2019
[img]https://1.bp..com/-5fa4Jbkymv0/XD22CIqZ3lI/AAAAAAAACRs/N_hLt8rgUzwQ3C15ZO1nQuWK_DHf3afPQCLcBGAs/s320/sportjyst-david%2Bwagner.jpg[/img]
Huddersfield Town has announced that manager David Wagner has left the club by mutual consent.
Wagner took over Huddersfield in 2015 and led the club to the Premier League.
But after four years in charge, the 47-year-old retired from his post after discussions with the council.
In a statement issued by the club, President Dean Hoyle said:

"I would like to start by thanking David for all he has accomplished in Huddersfield Town for the past three and a half years, and under his leadership, we have achieved things on the football field that surpass anything in modern memory, and that have gone beyond my wildest expectations as President and as a fanatic.

"Under David's administration, we took this club to the highest position it has had in almost 50 years and created memories that will last forever.

"His accomplishments will put him in the history of Huddersfield Town with big names like Herbert Chapman and Mick Buxton, legendary managers who changed the face of this club."
"As I said before, I had no intention of firing David this season. Subsequently, David, being the great man he is, came to see us and made it clear that he needs a break from the rigors of soccer administration.

"We talked about making that change immediately, but he also made it clear that he would give it all for the rest of the season before leaving in the summer, if we prefer." After a long discussion, we all felt that David was better to stay in the Club until the end of the season, but we have kept the discussions open and now we feel that it is the right time to separate.

"I know that the term" mutual consent "is often synonymous with the manager who is being fired in professional football, but this is a truly joint decision, David has a real and genuine love for this Club and, like me, his principal concern in our talks has been to establish what is best for Huddersfield Town.

"I can not thank David enough for what he has achieved. Together with his family, he will always be a friend to me and to Huddersfield Town. "

The next Huddersfield Premier League match is against Manchester City when assistant coach Mark Hudson will take over the team.
source:http://sportjyst..com/
Re: David Wagner Retires As Manager Of Huddersfield Town by troublemakea(m): 11:58am On Jan 15, 2019
thank God for hundersfield town club in the life of beters. they serve as bonus odd grin
Re: David Wagner Retires As Manager Of Huddersfield Town by Footstradamus(m): 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
troublemakea:
thank God for hundersfield town club in the life of beters. they serve as bonus odd grin

Odds against them isn't really much to write home about...bit of a nothing team. They do not belong in the Premier league
Re: David Wagner Retires As Manager Of Huddersfield Town by troublemakea(m): 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2019
Footstradamus:

Odds against them isn't really much to write home about...bit of a nothing team. They do not belong in the Premier league

it is, atleast to some point atimes the odds given against them with big teams is always abou 1.20 to about 1.50 odd

(1) (Reply)

GTB Masters Cup Season 8 Begins / Asian Cup: UAE Question Nationalities Of Two Qatari Players / Sure Daily Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.