Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Arsenal Goalkeeper Petr Cech To Retire At The End Of The Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Goalkeeper Petr Cech To Retire At The End Of The Season (200 Views)

Petr Cech Returns To Chelsea As New Technical And Performance Advisor / Arsenal Goalkeeper, Petr Cech To Return To Chelsea As Sporting Director / Arsenal Goalkeeper, Peter Cech To Retire At The End Of The Season! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Goalkeeper Petr Cech To Retire At The End Of The Season by Adekkatv: 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2019
Petr Cech, the 36 years old left Chelsea and joined Arsenal in June 2015, from the club’s London rivals, where he spent 11 years.

“Having played 15 years in the Premier League and won every single trophy possible, I feel like I have achieved everything I set out to achieve,” reported by the ex-Czech Republic international.

“I will continue to work hard at Arsenal to hopefully win one more trophy this season.”

He further stated, “This is my 20th season as a professional player and it has been 20 years since I signed my first professional contract, so it feels like the right time to announce that I will retire.

— Petr Cech (@PetrCech) January 15, 2019

“I am looking forward to seeing what life holds for me off the pitch.”

“For your consummate professionalism, for being the perfect role model, for the 50 clean sheets, for your honesty, your integrity and for your inspiring work with the Arsenal Foundation, we want to say – thank you Petr Cech,” this was tweeted by Arsenal Fc.

Petr Cech arrived in England, in July 2004 when he was signed by Chelsea from French club Rennes.

Petr Cech went on to win 13 trophies with the Stamford Bridge club, which includes the historic one Champions League and four Premier League titles.

Petr Cech also set a record for the club having 228 clean sheets in all competitions, beating the previous mark of 208 set by Peter Bonetti, the former England international between 1960 and 1979.

He won the 2017 FA Cup with Arsenal.

We wish you all the best, from all of us at Adekka TV

Source:
https://www.adekkatv.com/2019/01/arsenal-goalkeeper-petr-cech-to-retire.html

(1) (Reply)

Npfl Md4 Review: Mfm Move Top Of Group A / Download The Best England Betting App Here / Download The Best England Punters Betting App Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.