Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,949 members, 7,814,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Taekwondo- But There Was No One To Ask! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Taekwondo- But There Was No One To Ask! (1494 Views)

List Of Taekwondo Competitions Coming Up Soon! / Taekwondo Training In Abuja / Martial Artist-taekwondo,karate,judo,kung Fu,akido,westlers,boxers,... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Taekwondo- But There Was No One To Ask! by oaroloye(m): 11:22pm On Aug 12, 2010
The Grandmaster of International Taekwondo Federation (I.T.F.) Korean Karate, General Choi Hong Hi, passed away in 2002. His Taekwondo Bible had been withdrawn from publication in the West since the mid 1980s, and pressure was brought to bear upon him to stop him from teaching Taekwondo to non-Koreans in general, and Westerners in particular.

I have seen a copy of that work only the once. The ranking senior of the campus school where I began to learn Karate had received it on loan from the head instructor. Then, some, character stole it from him. It was twenty years before someone offered me another chance to copy this book. Then this instructor died (defending his home from armed robbers). Finally, I took matters into my own hands, and found that General Choi had written an Encyclopaedia of Taekwondo totaling more than 5,000 pages. After an irksome time on the Internet, I finally succeeded in obtaining every volume of the encyclopaedia.

The volume contains all the information needed to go from novice to Black Belt. All the nine Hyungs (practice forms, or poomse) are included. It is contained in a 700MB CD, and is in the Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format that prints uniformly, whatever sort of printer is used to render it. It is sound material on which to open a Dojang (of course, one would have to approach the official I.T.F- wherever they are these days- to obtain authentic licensing. No disc or book can replace that!).

I could just distribute this disc for a little above what it costs to burn it, but I am concerned about the recipients disrespecting the material. Someone who does not value the work may abuse it, or even discard it. I have given copies away for free and watched how in every case, the recipients, some of whom had attained ranks senior to mine, and had been forced to stop training because of the inconstancy of the instruction (senior instructors would graduate, and neglect the learners,) just shoved the discs somewhere and forgot about them! They did not want to train with me, help train others, or even train themselves.

Therefore I swore that henceforth, anyone whom I gave stuff I spent weeks finding and downloading- at my own expense was going to (*Bleep!*)ing pay for it! I would use EMS Speedpost to send it to any address in the country (or, for a suitable additional fee, a courier service).

The cost of the hard copy of the Encylopaedia of Taekwondo (used) on AMAZON.COM (which has almost any books) is $1,500 (currently unavailable). The single volumes are sold by AMAZON.COM for $70 apiece (- go and see for yourself) and most are "currently unavailable!"

I am offering the 15 Volumes on one disk, which can be easily printed out on one's own printer whenever one wants for a measly N6,500. If you are seriously interested, you may contact me by text message, beginning with the term "TAEKWONDO ENCYCLOPAEDIA" on 0816 173 5086.
Re: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Taekwondo- But There Was No One To Ask! by usbcable(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2010
sabunim ye chungye

1 Like

Re: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Taekwondo- But There Was No One To Ask! by PANAMAI(m): 7:20am On Oct 02, 2010
Hey people, a true Master of the arts is now on the scene. Lets get some more action into this Taekwondo dialogue. Martial arts is my life. Anything about WTF Taekwondo is in my stride. Cheers.
Re: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Taekwondo- But There Was No One To Ask! by oaroloye(m): 8:29am On Mar 17, 2013
I no longer use my former number. The cost of the Disk is currently a totally laid-back N3,000.
Besides General Choi's Teachings, there are some important, non-Martial Arts Teachings on the development of Ch'i (Inner, Spiritual Power).
I just asked a bodybuilder friend about the status of physical exercise schools locally, and he told me they were in decline.
Lots of people complain about uneployment. Don't you know how much money you could make as a Fitness, Bodybuilding, or Martial Arts Instructor?
You don't need fancy equipment to bodybuild- besides the Isometric Techniques- using your muscles against one another, to build them up- American Convicts, for instance use wetted bedsheets in pillowcases as dumbells (I saw it in a Movie). If you WANT to build yourself up, there is "equipment" all around you!
Text (please do not voice-call) me at: 0705 413 6061.

(1) (Reply)

Motocrossnaija - Professional Bike Racing Comes To Nigeria! / FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2012: Brazil spy on Falconets / Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Make S’mores During Utah Ski Tri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.