Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Tetherd Puppy At 2months - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Tetherd Puppy At 2months (647 Views)

Thick Boned Male Boerboel Puppy At Give Away Price. / .Big Bone Rottweiler Female puppy at 12weeks For Sale . / White Woman Feeding Her Puppy At A Fast Food In Onitsha (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tetherd Puppy At 2months by iconix(m): 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hey guys,pls i have a female puppy which is about 2months old. My question now is,when will i start chaining her? Is it good to start chaining her now?
Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by IamAnderson(m): 7:38pm On Jan 15, 2019
allow her to enjoy her childhood now and be a puppy.
only chain her when it's necessary and don't do it for long. when she's older then you can chain her

1 Like

Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 15, 2019
IamAnderson:
allow her to enjoy her childhood now and be a puppy.
only chain her when it's necessary and don't do it for long. when she's older then you can chain her

And what’s the purpose of chaining?

1 Like

Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by IamAnderson(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2019
to be honest, it's not really necessary as long as you're in a fenced compound.
I allow my dog roam free in my compound I never chain him even when visitors are around, I lock him in his kennel untethered.
but if their is a chance the puppy will be a nuisance roaming around, then you can chain it or lock it in a kennel although at this age, not for very long.
it needs to run around and play at this age, it's also how it learns and socializes.

1 Like

Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
The correct age to start chaining a puppy is when it reaches 5 months.

1 Like

Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
mrAMG:

And what’s the purpose of chaining?
I chain my own dogs to feed them and keep them out of trouble then let them loose a few hours a day late in the night to exercise and play.

1 Like

Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2019
mhd5757:

I chain my own dogs to feed them and keep them out of trouble then let them loose a few hours a day late in the night to exercise and play.

But can’t dogs be allowed to roam freely?

1 Like

Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2019
mrAMG:

But can’t dogs be allowed to roam freely?
Definitely not mine, they will bite people, they almost bit our house helps on several occasions and they are very destructive too, if I let them roam around freely for long periods of time, they will scatter everything around the compound not to mention shitting around places that they are not supposed to.

1 Like

Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by Ishilove: 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2019
mhd5757:

Definitely not mine, they will bite people, they almost bit our house helps on several occasions and they are very destructive too, if I let them roam around freely for long periods of time, they will scatter everything around the compound not to mention shitting around places that they are not supposed to.
Sounds like my Gift

1 Like

Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
mhd5757:

So where does training come in?

1 Like

Re: Tetherd Puppy At 2months by IamAnderson(m): 12:27am On Jan 17, 2019
mhd5757:

my dog doesn't destroy things and he isn't mischievous. he has been roaming around since he was 4 weeks old, he only attacks and barks at strangers apart from that he's well mannered.
I don't really suggest chaining a dog to a spot,if the dog should be secluded from people, lock them up in a kennel instead.
my dog shows negative characters if he gets chained, he is reluctant to bark at strangers, he runs around trying to destroy things or bite people, and he cries. in my opinion, chaining a dog affects it's Psyche.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy A Good Cage For My Parrots In Port Harcourt / Adult Female Bullmastiff Available / #SOLD# Angora Rabbits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.